MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Dec 18th at 1:13:55am, while SM is inside Walmart, SM's cell phone is turned off. This was on the call log presented at trial as well as mentioned in this thread, page 48.

The cell phone stays off until it's turned back on around 3am-ish, and SM's cell phone and Heather's cell phone are connected via a nearly 5 minute call at 3:14am. SM admitted to police he was speaking to Heather on that call. Heather was supposedly at or near her apartment when she made this call to SM. SM's cell was supposedly at or near his home when this call was answered.

There was no location information for SM's phone that early morning that put his phone (or his truck) at Long Beards. It could be because he was never there or because the phone was not turned on if he was there.

Wait, did he admit to that call? I thought he only admitted to the earlier call, the pay phone call. I'm sorry I can't remember!!

Wait, did he admit to that call? I thought he only admitted to the earlier call, the pay phone call. I'm sorry I can't remember!!
I thought he wasn't specific about the time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That could be it, and since he admitted the pay phone call, I just put those together. Sure would be nice to know if he did admit to talking to her at the 3:00ish am call!

BBM -- That has always been my understanding. SM told investigators he made the pay phone call to tell Heather to leave him alone. The pay phone call is the only call he made to Heather. She did call SM's phone and talked to someone at 3:17 for approximately 4-mins. I'm not aware that he actually admitted to talking to her at that time tho. We know someone answered SM's phone and talked to her.

BBM -- That has always been my understanding. SM told investigators he made the pay phone call to tell Heather to leave him alone. The pay phone call is the only call he made to Heather. She did call SM's phone and talked to someone at 3:17 for 4-mins. I'm not aware that he actually admitted to talking to her at that time tho. We know someone answered SM's phone and talked to her.

He said in his interview that he called her (the day she was last seen) and told her to stop leaving notes on his car and to stop calling; it wasn't what she thought it was, etc. I don't when he would have us believe this call was made, or why he would go there given the log. But perhaps he intended to tie this to the pay phone, which of course poses the question of why at that hour. Obviously, she called him after that so that's not his reference.

He said in his interview that he called her (the day she was last seen) and told her to stop leaving notes on his car and to stop calling; it wasn't what she thought it was, etc. I don't when he would have us believe this call was made, or why he would go there given the log. But perhaps he intended to tie this to the pay phone, which of course poses the question of why at that hour. Obviously, she called him after that so that's not his reference.

I only know the pay phone call is the only outgoing call on record from Sidney to Heather that day. Knowing that, I have always assumed this is the call he admitted to making.

I only know the pay phone call is the only outgoing call on record from Sidney to Heather that day. Knowing that, I have always assumed this is the call he admitted to making.

True that is the only outgoing call he admitted to, after at first lying about it. <mod snip>

True that is the only outgoing call he admitted to, after at first lying about it. <mod snip>

Well, we know someone took the incoming call to SM's phone. Someone had a conversation with Heather that lasted approximately 4-mins. It was SM's phone. Really, what was there to admit to.

Conflicted feelings don't fit the 15 outgoing phone calls. Does not fit the extreme hysterical reaction either. IMO

This is nothing against Heather. The best of humans don't always tell the truth.

I don't think HE told everything that was talked about with SM. IMO, she knew her roommate didn't approve, and when she called Bri, she was told more of less to forget him and not meet him, and let it go. How much more she would have said if probed, who knows! But it appears it wasn't a "what else did he say? How are you feeling about it? What are you thinking? What did you say? Etc" conversation between Bri and HE.

OR- Heather asked him 'what number are you calling me from?' and SM said 'I'm at work at LB's, so I'm using their payphone'. Then after thinking about it for a while, HE decided to go there and talk to him in person. She gets there and he's not there, neither is his truck, so then she starts calling the phones trying to make contact again.
-theory only-

OR- if SM does maintenance at LB's, he would know if there were any security cameras outside or not. The arrangement may have been to meet there, and that is where HE was overcome, and from then on SM was driving HE's car and TM was in his truck, and for whatever reason, T went back to their home before meeting at PTL for the car drop off, so SM kept calling her using HE's phone.
More theory.

If they were looking for a secluded place to meet or leave one of the vehicles behind to go someplace else, IMO, Longbeards would have been perfect. Unless someone was specifically out looking for their vehicles, most likely no one would have seen them there.
Surprising watching people do that in hospital parking lots! They meet someeone and hop into that person's vehicle and leave theirs in the hospital parking lot! I watched it happen for a week while Dad was in the hospital. Often was the same vehicles doing it!

Because she was a <modsnip> kid who hadn't grown up yet. Still not able to see that people are not all good, even if you care about them and they say they care about you. After that call, she probably started thinking all her dreams might be coming true.
It's not just her, it's most of them. Been there, done that.
Glad to be in my 50's and generally don't believe anything anyone says.
MOO

Exactly! Sadly I don't believe HE is alive, so she'll never get to grow up and learn from her mistakes.

The things I did in my 20s in not what I would do now in my 40's. But I remember those 20's and sadly many of my actions were the same as HE's in regards to an older man. In my case he wasn't married, but it was months before I found out he had a long time girlfriend, who he did leave, but when we broke up 3 yrs later, he went back to her. The guy I was with wasn't faithful, didn't hold down a full time job, but for whatever reasons, I was in love. I wanted to be with him. The idea that an older man was interested in ME when he could have been someone his age was just exciting and uplifting to ME. He chose ME! However my viewpoint was obviously skewed. I NOW know why he wanted someone so much younger, and 'arm candy'. Throw in a pregnancy, and WOW! Very much a confusing, and roller coast ride part of my life.

I don't know if HE was pregnant, though I tend to believe she was. As someone that was her age, and been there. In my mind, I had to make the situation work. I wanted HIM active in my life for the child. YET, he didn't want a child. Even scheduled an abortion and told me it was a doc's appointment! No I didn't have that abortion. But boy did he try to force it. He was NOT paying child support for another child. Made that clear. It's possible HE was experiencing some of the same? I don't know. But the hormones and the immaturity....just WOW!

That pay phone conversation has more content than we know about, and perhaps that BW knows about. Seriously, if HE reported to BW that SM had asked specifically in the pay phone call to see her that morning, and had given her a meeting place, it would have served the state's lure claim to have that brought up in testimony.

BW's testimony was largely about who HE was, their friendship, HE's lifestyle and family conflicts, her residence transitions, and her affair dynamics and escalations with the SM/TM triangle. The testimony about the critical phone call was minimal and provided little insight into the evolution of the call, why SM decided to announce his wife-leaving at that hour, and how he and HE ended the call and where they left things. I find this rather remarkable.

I think you're correct. That call from SM was long enough for much to be discussed, and yet we know of only one sentence. Sure didn't take 5 minutes to say that one sentence, no matter how long your southern drawl is! Considering the pregnancy test, I wonder if SM phoned HE and said he heard she might be pregnant, and asked if she'd taken a test? Perhaps he mentioned meeting her with a test? I don't think we'll ever know what that call was all about. But buying the test right before that call...I have to wonder if it wasn't mentioned to HE. JMO!

The conversation lasted five minutes. There has to be more content. Why so many outgoing phone calls. What was the urgency that couldn't wait. :pullhair:

See my above. I wish it could have been a recorded call. I think if we knew what the entire conversation was, it would answer lots of questions. Only SM can tell what it was, and his "I was telling her to quit calling me" doesn't fit.

Thanks TTF. I did read your well thought out theory when you first posted it.

If Heather was abducted from or killed at LB's, why move her car to PTL. Why not just leave it in the LB parking lot, a safe distance from their home.

My theory would be because the searches for HE would have been at LB then! The vehicle needed be away from where HE really was. The dumpster, the woods, the water at LB really should be searched, but I'm not sure if they could find anything this late. Maybe cadaver dogs could find something? I'm leaning towards something happened at LB. Who was driving her car afterwards I'm not sure about, but believe it was one of the Ms and they used HE's phone to get someone to pick them up. They needed a ride back to LB to pick up their vehicle!

I think with all this focus on SM at this time, we're still not seeing or able to connect ALL the dots without having TM's dots :juggling: in the mix. :moo:

I don't think HE told everything that was talked about with SM. IMO, she knew her roommate didn't approve, and when she called Bri, she was told more of less to forget him and not meet him, and let it go. How much more she would have said if probed, who knows! But it appears it wasn't a "what else did he say? How are you feeling about it? What are you thinking? What did you say? Etc" conversation between Bri and HE.

BBM So true. Not that BW was lying or did not tell the truth about what Heather told her. Heather only told BW a portion of what she discussed with SM IMO. And, Heather obviously did not do what she told BW she was going to do &#8211; sleep on it.

The call between Heather and Bri was a short 2 minutes, whereas the call between Heather and SM lasted 5 minutes.

I also agree with others here about NL's focus on BW's testimony. She spent way too much time trying to characterize Heather and not enough time on the 'luring' factor of the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks