MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 20 & 21,2016 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 3m3 minutes ago

Security is tight for Sidney Moorer's trial. No pictures are allowed inside the courtroom during jury selection.
View attachment 96975

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 24s24 seconds ago

Horry County Sheriff's Deputies are helping potential jurors find where they need to go in the Horry County Courthouse and in the courtroom.

Any speculation as to why no TM in the court room? Is it because SM's attorney asked her to stay away? I can't believe she's not close by.

Hey friends! This is what we have been waiting for! Prayers to the Elvis family and the attorney, judge and jury. Here we go!

Here is a drink and some popcorn, we're going to need it.

I predict a day and a half and opening statements tomorrow afternoon, then the trial resuming Wed. morning.

I think so as well. My jury duty for a small case in my small county took almost a full day so I predict it will take them until tomorrow afternoon. Maybe not, but that is my vote as well!

WMBF News
via 2 minutes ago
Potential jurors continue to enter the courtroom and get checked in. It is very crowded, yet there is not a lot of conversation.

Kaitlin Stansell
@kaitlinstansell
Hundreds of potential jurors are filing in now to see if they will be picked to decide the fate of Sidney Moorer.

It took almost 2 weeks for the Justin Ross Harris (Cooper Harris - hot car death) jury trial before they decided a change of venue. I hope they don't decide this here.

With 800 potential jurors here, I can see this going on for more than a day or two.

:wave: :seeya: to some familiar faces. We are missing some of the ol' timers.... :thinking: Will have to send out batsignal perhaps in the next few days?

ETA: Tweets are now just about jurors checking in... they are not saying anything new... so I'll let them slide unless someone else wants to post

Just noticed that Cathy from Court Chatter is retweeting from her home base. Guess her site will be following.

Feeling kinda bad for the jurors who have to wait on the sidewalk! What's the temp there this morning?

Feeling kinda bad for the jurors who have to wait on the sidewalk! What's the temp there this morning?

78 right now per weather channel online. High of 84. Not too bad for folks that are acclimated.

Kaitlin Stansell
@kaitlinstansell
Sidney Moorer and his attorney are here but no sign of the Elvises just yet. #Moorertrial #HeatherElvis

WMBF News
Sidney Moorer and his attorney just made their way to the front of the courtroom.

WMBF News
It looks like most of the potential jurors are here.

It actually feels very nice today, breezy and lower humidity.

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 2m2 minutes ago
Deputies are having a hard time finding seats for all the potential jurors. #SidneyMoorerTrial

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 4m4 minutes ago
Judge R. Markley Dennis, Jr. is in the courtroom. #SidneyMoorerTrial

Kaitlin Stansell
@kaitlinstansell
800 jury questionnaires were sent out on May 2nd and were all due back to court by June 2nd #MoorerTrial

WMBF News
There is not an empty seat in the courtroom.

Meghan Miller ‏@Meghan_WBTW 4m4 minutes ago
Line of potential jurors for #MoorerTrial filing into Courtroom 3B has stopped. Courtroom is packed. #HeatherElvis

Horry County Sheriff, Phillip Thompson, just walked into the courtroom. #SidneyMoorerTrial

Wonder if TM is still holed up in the camper in FL.... and reading along here.

Any speculation as to why no TM in the court room? Is it because SM's attorney asked her to stay away? I can't believe she's not close by.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a couple of thoughts on it but I actually placed a bet that she would get contempt so I guess that is null if she doesn't show up.
IMO I think either she was advised not to come by lawyers or she is sending SM alone b/c "all of this is his fault" It could be a little of both or neither but knowing her she absolutely has a motive if it was her idea not to come.

JMO

Wonder if TM is still holed up in the camper in FL.... and reading along here.

Can't believe she would stay in Florida and not support her husband. And where are all of their other supporters and SM's family??

Horry County Sheriff, Phillip Thompson, just walked into the courtroom. #SidneyMoorerTrial

Erin MacPherson ‏@ErinWPDE 59s59 seconds ago
Deputies are closing the doors to the courtroom. #SidneyMoorerTrial

BeautifulGirl.JPG
https://twitter.com/wbtwnews13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics