MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously the family trip was in Nov I don't find that of important regarding Jacob's testimony regarding the cameras. okay though. He said they had the white truck and cameras at the same time so it was prior to Nov 8th. Geez KT stop with the circles.

He just referred to HE as Tammy. NOOOOO omg barf

IMO

ETA: I do agree that they shouldn't question husband and wife together. JMO

Now KT says we should believe Jacob about which phone SM vs TM had, he can be believe about that (of course he's a stoner and we can't trust him about the surveillance cameras) SMH

BBM - Very good point about the kid's credibility. Truslow trying to have it both ways again. I hope the jury sees through the contradictions presented. With the defense not putting on a single witness to rebut anything. Not even their expert to refute the very capable Fredericks.

Oh my! What kind of evidence? What kind of case?

Drug case, both sides did an awful job, and it was close to Christmas and jurors were mad that they couldn't go finish shopping or get home to their cookie baking. We were instructed not to look inside a backpack that was part of the evidence taken from the defendant's car, and jurors were rummaging through it and finding the defendant's name on personal paperwork, and calling him guilty based on that. He was also considered guilty because of his appearance. The foreman appointed himself and stated upon walking into the deliberations room that "obviously he was guilty" so we needed to just get the whole thing over with. It was a train wreck.

I tell the story because it led me to be skeptical of my peers. I believe in our system but I think juries can be twitchy.

Can he mention that Sidney was out working if there is no evidence that Sidney was working that night ?

I think he can claim anything he wants in closing arguments. Kinda like how Baez made all those outlandish claims w/ no evidence to back it up whatsoever.

[/B]

BBM - Very good point about the kid's credibility. Truslow trying to have it both ways again. I hope the jury sees through the contradictions presented. With the defense not putting on a single witness to rebut anything. Not even their expert to refute the very capable Fredericks.

BBM. From QUANTICO! As soon as I heard that I was like, "yeah he knows his ****."

I'd vote guilty. I typically place a high bar on the prosecution (because I used to work for a criminal defense attorney) but in this trial I feel that they met their burden to the necessary degree.

The defense not putting on witnesses isn't as uncommon as some might think. IMO it's kind of a way of insinuating that the prosecution is lacking and the case is so weak it's ridiculous. Almost like saying they won't justify their claims with a response. I've mainly seen it used in circumstantial cases.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Drug case, both sides did an awful job, and it was close to Christmas and jurors were mad that they couldn't go finish shopping or get home to their cookie baking. We were instructed not to look inside a backpack that was part of the evidence taken from the defendant's car, and jurors were rummaging through it and finding the defendant's name on personal paperwork, and calling him guilty based on that. He was also considered guilty because of his appearance. The foreman appointed himself and stated upon walking into the deliberations room that "obviously he was guilty" so we needed to just get the whole thing over with. It was a train wreck.

I tell the story because it led me to be skeptical of my peers. I believe in our system but I think juries can be twitchy.

Wow! So what was the verdict in the end? I've never been on a jury, but I really want to be.

Hey everyone.

Please do not post photos of the children.

That was a completely boneheaded move on my part. I just copied the reporters link without thinking to remove the linked photo.
I'm so sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member