Misty C. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is enough "proof" to make it ok to talk about people/events?

We dont know what anybody has told LE. We just know bits and pieces of what is said to media. I remember in one of the early pressers by LE when he was asked about the rumor of misty not being in the trailer...he pretty much said they are checking out all leads but they go by what they, LE, are told not by what rumors say. I mean come on, we are talking FDLE and FBI, surely you dont think they are so inept that if Misty was at some wild drug party that night and not at home watching the kids, LE would not know about it by now.

From TN herself, she had someone *checking on the children* the night Haleigh disappear. What made TN think the children needed to be *checked on*?

From NG's show 2-17-2009

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/17/ng.01.html

GRACE: Hold it for a moment. Thank you. Joining me right now, Teresa Neves, the paternal grandmother of little Haleigh. Ms. Neves, thank you for being with us. What do you make of this scenario? Was the baby- sitter at home that night in bed with the little girl or not?

TERESA NEVES, PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: I believe that she was. To the best of my knowledge, she was there. I had a family member there that night checking on the children, dropping off some clothes. So I know up to a point that she was definitely there. There`s no doubt in my mind that she was there, you know?

Why did TN want the kids checked on ??

Can't she tell what she knows,only no last names,right?I keep crossing lines,LOL

From TN herself, she had someone *checking on the children* the night Haleigh disappear. What made TN think the children needed to be *checked on*?

From NG's show 2-17-2009

GRACE: Hold it for a moment. Thank you. Joining me right now, Teresa Neves, the paternal grandmother of little Haleigh. Ms. Neves, thank you for being with us. What do you make of this scenario? Was the baby- sitter at home that night in bed with the little girl or not?

TERESA NEVES, PATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: I believe that she was. To the best of my knowledge, she was there. I had a family member there that night checking on the children, dropping off some clothes. So I know up to a point that she was definitely there. There`s no doubt in my mind that she was there, you know?

I guess if it were my grandchildren, and I knew they were going to be alone all night with a 17-year-old that I'd only known for 5 months, I'd want to check on them too. Look at how the A's were criticized for not tracking down Caylee when she hadn't been seen in weeks. TN's behavior is much more normal to me.

From NG's show 2-17-2009

I hear ya, alwaysonmymind. And it still bothers me that this didn't come out until the 17th. The question of was anyone over that night was asked several times. This really set my hinky meter off.

Thank you for answering. I know a few crimes have been solved in my community by the locals information.

More than just a few crimes have been solved in the city I live in by people coming forward and telling what they know about certain individuals. LE doesn't have to make their case dependent on what any one person says. (unless it is an eye witness) Information received by LE is just a part of their case, IMO.

Remember hearing in just about every crime it is said somebody somewhere knows something!

Rumors/hearsay posts are of no value here. Lets stick with facts that have been documented or verified.

Thanks!

I just have one question.......if misty just turned 17, why hasn't anyone brought up the fact that ronald should be charged a crime? What are the laws concerning statutory rape in florida?

I just have one question.......if misty just turned 17, why hasn't anyone brought up the fact that ronald should be charged a crime? What are the laws concerning statutory rape in florida?

We have talked about this quiet a bit since this whole story broke. There is no doubt in my mind (JMHO) that this will be handled later. Right now, LE is focused on Haleigh.
My understand at this point is that what Ron and Misty's relationship is within the guidelines of statutory rape. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me..
OH..:Welcome-12-june:
I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I do! There is a 12 step program for the addicts somewhere..When you feel it is time for it, just do a search..lol

We have talked about this quiet a bit since this whole story broke. There is no doubt in my mind (JMHO) that this will be handled later. Right now, LE is focused on Haleigh.
My understand at this point is that what Ron and Misty's relationship is within the guidelines of statutory rape. If I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me..
OH..:Welcome-12-june:
I hope you enjoy yourself here as much as I do! There is a 12 step program for the addicts somewhere..When you feel it is time for it, just do a search..lol

Thank you for that response the focus needs to be on findng Haleigh.

When it comes to anybody being charged for statutory rape, we have this wonderful judicial system in the united states that requires proof of a crime being commited. It is not illegal..IMO..for them to be together, only to have sex. Now who is going to be the one to prove they have had sex? We can all assume and presume that they are having sex but unless there is proof of that action then I dont see how anybody can be charged much less convicted. I am not saying it is right or wrong for them to be together but while the law is indeed there, the law also requires certain standards of proof. JMO

Misty needs to tell the police who she was hanging out with in the days/weeks before Haleigh disappeared.

Has she refused too or been asked, do you know? Or just plain doesn't remember? :D

From NG's show 2-17-2009

I babysat when I was 15 for a couple of little ones, gramma lived across the street from the parents of the kids I watched, she checked up on me LOL, I would catch her peeking in the window etc, she was just making sure her grandbabies were ok:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member