Found Safe MN - Ava Whitfield, 10, driving a car, Fridley, 30 Mar 2021

We had a hit and run incident (middle of the night, truck parked on street got hit by another vehicle) at our neighbor's house last year so we checked our security cameras to find out who the driver was. Turns out an 8 yr old kid had stolen his parents' vehicle in the middle of the night and drove to our other neighbors house to play video games with their child LOL! When he backed out of their driveway he drove into the other vehicle.

I hope they find her soon!

WCCO’s Christiane Cordero reports that, as of 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, Whitfield has been found at a Walgreens in Maple Grove.

WCCO has spoken with the girl’s mother, and will share more from her on WCCO 4 News At Noon.

Fridley Girl, 10, Found In Maple Grove After Taking Car, Going Missing For A Day
Wow - she drove from Fridley to Eden Prairie to Edina to Maple Grove. That is all within in the metro area, but many miles of highway driving!

So happy she was found and that nobody was hurt from her driving.

Whew.

jmo

So glad she's safe! She must be a remarkable 10-year old to have pulled this off without anything bad happening. I hope she's recognized for being so special. On the other hand, she needs to learn the lesson that what she did was really wrong.

So glad she's safe! She must be a remarkable 10-year old to have pulled this off without anything bad happening. I hope she's recognized for being so special. On the other hand, she needs to learn the lesson that what she did was really wrong.

I’d say she’s a very smart girl. I hope her family can channel that smartness in a positive direction.

I’d say she’s a very smart girl. I hope her family can channel that smartness in a positive direction.
I agree, if it wasn't for the whole illegal thing, I have to say I'm impressed. She is obviously an ambitious, confident young lady. Let's turn all that into something legal and useful. Glad you're home safe Ava.

Wow, what a wild ride. Of all the kids I've nannied over the years, I can't think of a single one who would've been comfortable doing something like this (thank goodness). I hope she learns from this experience and faces appropriate consequences. She's lucky no one got hurt, including herself!

So how does a 10 year old learn to drive? WCCO spoke with Lt. Nick Knaeble.

“Our investigation did show she had searched on YouTube how to drive, how to learn how to drive a vehicle on public roadways, something along those lines,” Knaeble said.

Fridley Mom 'Traumatized' After Daughter, 10, Found With Family Car After Missing For 27 Hours

Also from this article :

BBM

A relieved JW, the girl’s mother, is still trying to process the past 27 hours.

“A lot of emotions right now, I’m traumatized, I’m overwhelmed and just kind of in shock still,” Whitfield said. “Independent, you know, she is an only child, she is in that pre-teen stage, she is almost 11, all of the evidence showed that she was alone and she was.”

Mom called police when she discovered her car, credit cards and daughter missing from the family home in Fridley Tuesday morning.

Thankfully, I'm eating a huge portion of crow pie right about now. :oops: Super happy this 10 year old had her wits about her to stay safe ! One day, this will be an amazing story to tell her kids and grandkids. I would say I suspect this child is gifted, but I might have to eat crow again. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back