MN - Barway Collins, 10, Crystal, 18 March 2015 #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Inthedetails, May 16, 2015.

1. Inthedetails

Inthedetails New Member

In an article about the funeral, it stated that bio-mom's brother spoke during the services as a representative of that side of the family. I don't know for sure, but I think he lives in the area. Perhaps he is helping Louise, along with other supporters.
    (Link: http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/05/02/barway-collins-funeral
    "His mother's brother, xxxxx, noted his family's pain, and the tension among Barway's extended family.")

I cringe reading about the arguments about money. I wish people would remember that the alleged motive behind the murder was money...and NOT arguing about money would be very healing. That's what I wish for everyone involved.

As for Pastor Smith, I get what he's saying. Standing with someone at their very worst moment is something I would expect a pastor to do. That does not mean that I think PC doesn't deserve the highest punishment that the law allows, please note.

2. Loading...

3. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

RBBM
    I believe this is the video you're looking for

Search warrant released in Barway Collins death investigation - KMSP-TV
    Embedded video:
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/clip/11418540/search-warrant-released-in-barway-investigation

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...eleased-in-barway-collins-death-investigation

I wasn't able to get it to play completely on my iPhone, so my apologies if I'm wrong. The google search mentioned the, "No you shut up" in the query :eek:

HTH.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails New Member

5. MinnesotaMary

MinnesotaMary New Member

Thx Inthedetails: WOW !!! So, that funeral cost $19,140 !!! Is that normal---sure seems like a stunning amount of money, and NOT at all reasonable... ?? I am blown away by such a charge for a funeral !! I reside in the Minneapolis area, and so you know, the location of that particular funeral home is in a very poor part of town - high crime, NOT a nice area whatsoever.

6. Hoosgirl

Hoosgirl Active Member

7. Hejlena

Hejlena Former Member

Let me translate the good pastor if I may: "I...me...my...mine...blah blah blah me me me". Barf.

8. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Barway Edwin Collins
    [​IMG]
    Police looking for missing 10-year-old Crystal boy
    http://www.startribune.com/local/296888061.html

Thread #1

9. kimi_SFC

kimi_SFC New Member

I saw this post quoted at the end of the last thread, and wanted to bring it over to Thread #2:

The embedded "No, you shut up" video is viewable at the MyFoxTwinCities link below :eek:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11772227

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

I know it's not legal...but wondering what the punishment for killing your own child would be in Liberia?

No child should be murdered, and on that I think we all can agree. To me it's even worse when the child relied on, trusted, and probably even loved the one that kills them. I can't imagine a betrayal of worse caliber. Just heartbreaking. A crime that ALL humans know is WRONG! You just don't kill kids!! :tantrum:

11. MinnesotaMary

MinnesotaMary New Member

IMO, it would be A GOOD IDEA to blitz this local free 'newspaper' with emails to the editors that 'the Pastor' does NOT speak for the family of Barway Collins !! OMG !! 'The Pastor' has a power of attorney to speak for the father of this murdered child (who is said in MSM to have been murdered by drowning FOLLOWING having been duct-taped, and also have a slam in his head, likely IMO, a whack from a sledgehammer or heavy hammer prior to being thrown alive, duct-taped, into the icy Mississippi River!!) and this father, PC, is behind bars accused of murdering this child - so far, 2nd degree murder charge, with 1st degree Murder indictment pending grand jury decision. We also know via MSM that PC lied on immigration papers and stated his (PC's) own sister was the now-murdered child's 'mother' (he did that so he later could try to bring his sister over from Liberia to the USA...) So, WHO DOES THAT LEAVE AS 'BARWAY COLLINS FAMILY'????? THE CHILD'S MOTHER, LOUISE.

The free 'newspaper' is: http://post.mnsun.com/contact-us/
    EMAIL FOR THE EDITOR IS: peggy.bakken@ecm-inc.com

"COLUMN: I did not come to the Collins family because of guilt or innocence
    By Sun Post Editor
    May 12, 2015 at 2:25 pm
    By Pastor Harding Smith

I feel that I owe my friends and followers a statement. .....

Pastor Harding Smith has served as the spokesperson for Barway Collins’ family since the boy’s disappearance in mid-March."

12. MinnesotaMary

MinnesotaMary New Member

Little Edwin's (Barway's) mom, Louise, did a tv interview yesterday for ch. 11. Will someone please post a link once it's published to the web? tyia !! My understanding is that Louise is presently about age 26-27, and she now has a 14 month old son that loved ones are caring for at home in Liberia while she is here (my understanding is that Liberians tend to have very close, loving family and social relationships). I read, tho', that Louise's family has told her her baby has lost weight while she's been gone.

13. MinnesotaMary

MinnesotaMary New Member

14. Inthedetails

Inthedetails New Member

Thanks for posting. Louise does indeed seem like a lovely person.

15. Inthedetails

Inthedetails New Member

16. Damarna

Damarna Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Par

Barway Collins Tragic Death at the Hands of His Dad and the Culture of Dishonesty

http://theliberiandialogue.org/2015...nds-of-his-dad-and-the-culture-of-dishonesty/

"The story is all too unfamiliar because Liberians are not normally involved in the killing of their children for insurance money in the United States.

If this cruel act had occurred in Liberia, it wouldn’t have surprised me at all, because killing and cutting human beings into pieces for their human parts is like a fad that takes place all the time for job promotions, and other wicked and silly imaginary reasons."

17. TC_MN

TC_MN New Member

Wow, that's sad

18. Inthedetails

Inthedetails New Member

Is anyone surprised by this? Nah, didn't think so.

BBM

"Pierre Barlee Collins, the father jailed and charged this week in the March 18 disappearance and murder of his 10-year-old son, also is under investigation in a Brooklyn Center apartment complex fire late last year in which he filed an insurance claim to recoup losses."

http://www.twincities.com/localnews...ollins-charged-sons-death-is-probed-insurance

19. Newme2

Newme2 Member

I love this.

20. Damarna

Damarna Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Par

I knew he was being investigated - I also recall when it happened. Someone I am familiar with is on the FD in the area and it had been suspicious to a few people.

21. MinnesotaMary

MinnesotaMary New Member

"According to court records, Collins has been the subject of several liens and judgments filed against him in recent years. One involved a claim he filed last year for at least $27,000 in medical expenses and lost wages after a car accident." http://www.twincities.com/localnews/...obed-insurance

Thanks so much for posting that article again - I think so much was unfolding back then (a month ago), that I glossed over all of that... OMGoodness: $27,000 in lost wages???????????? gimmee a break !! He was willfully unemployed ! It's feeling like PC got all obsessive about making his 'easy money' off insurance claims - - this trial will probably be quite interesting. Two days prior to the murder, PC tried to increase the $30,000 life insurance policy he had on Little Edwin/Barway up to $50,000, and he was told he couldn't do that, so what he did do was buy a SECOND life insurance policy on Little Edwin/Barway for $20,000. Incredible: You do that and two days later murder the innocent little boy. What selfishness !
    -
    Anyone know if Louise is still here or not??? I can easily imagine how she would wish she could stay here & live here in the USA, but I'd think she'd want to get reunited with her 14 mo. old baby boy .....