Identified! MN - Battle Lake, WhtMale 975UMMN, 45-55, alias 'David Erickson', May'05 - Paul Adam Matthews

Bumping. I just came across this case searching something else and read it for the first time. This seems like it would be an easy one to solve with DNA and genealogy. JMO.

I'm wondering if he could be my missing uncle. Kevin born in 1958. Lived in Minnesota in 1997 as last known address (not 100% sure). He was last seen in July 1989. Brown hair, blue eyes.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Is your Uncle Kevin in the NAMUS database for the missing?
See the website here: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
If he is not listed there yet, I encourage you to reach out to NAMUS to set up a missing person profile. And also make sure you submit DNA so he can be matched with any unidentified persons.
The Unidentified man listed in this thread has a NAMUS profile here: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
You could also contact the Case Manager or Sheriff's office listed there if you think this could be your Uncle Kevin. Good Luck!
I hope you get the answers you are seeking.

How about Andrew Thomas Viater, missing from Ashland Wisconsin in 1980. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Andrew was 5’10” (within an inch) and may have had blue eyes. I checked the birth date comparison, and he would have been 48 in 2006 which is within the age range supposition. I think the eyes, nose, mouth look remarkably alike. Andrew had distinctive ears, which are difficult to see in these photos of the unidentifiable. He apparently left his home while in good (physical) health. His foot tracks disappeared at railroad tracks indicating he may have ridden the rails, likely toward Minnesota. He may have traveled extensively from there, who knows, and then rounded back to the MN / WI area near the end of his life. Thoughts?

Honestly, a year later, I'm questioning whether an identification has been made. His NamUs is still up and no announcement has been made by the investigators - which isn't too surprising as that's not always the case. I am reaching out to the individual who created his NamUs page to see if this is a solved case or not.

Honestly, a year later, I'm questioning whether an identification has been made. His NamUs is still up and no announcement has been made by the investigators - which isn't too surprising as that's not always the case. I am reaching out to the individual who created his NamUs page to see if this is a solved case or not.

InStep excerpts- volume 9, number 4-- Print Media in the History of Gay & Lesbian Life, Wisconsin Pretty sure this is him at Jodees International Gay Bar in Racine, Wisconsin. Still couldn't find his name though.

Did you hear back on the reach out?

Is Paul Adam Matthews actually the decedent, or is this a mistake? I saw a listing for Paul Adam Matthews but he doesn't resemble the decedent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back