MN MN - Bryce Borca, 23, college student, seen at 2AM, search focused near Minnesota River, Eagan, 30 Oct 2022

Like how geese fly south for the winter, intoxicated college age men drown in rivers. It’s like there is some biological factor at play. It’s almost always in the dark and they are walking alone. I have to wonder if there are men out there that ended up in the water and managed to survive? Maybe never even told anyone it happened? How the heck does this happen?

I hope this young man is found unharmed, it’s been a few days though and with phone pings leading towards the water… very worrisome.

Like how geese fly south for the winter, intoxicated college age men drown in rivers. It’s like there is some biological factor at play. It’s almost always in the dark and they are walking alone. I have to wonder if there are men out there that ended up in the water and managed to survive? Maybe never even told anyone it happened? How the heck does this happen?

I hope this young man is found unharmed, it’s been a few days though and with phone pings leading towards the water… very worrisome.
No, a lot of them are found in rivers, but they did not all drown. Often the coroners cannot determine the cause of death, and sometimes drowning is assumed because of the situation, and not from direct evidence.

<modsnip - that person is not an approved source but a conspiracy theorist>

Last edited by a moderator:
OCT 31, 2022

Eagan Police searching for missing 23-year-old​

• Chief: "We know he was in the area of Hwy 13 and Yankee Doodle Road."
  • Pings from Bryce's cell phone helped point investigators from that area down toward the Minnesota River.
  • But Bryce's friends say his phone died Sunday before he could be found.
  • The Chief won't say exactly what police think happened to Bryce except they have a bit of information that they're keeping quiet out of respect for his family.
  • Chief: "We don't suspect there's any foul play at this time."
@HM99, I'm guessing to establish direction of travel.
Thx u.i missed this.
Does sound like his phone died and his friends were trying to find him at that time and couldn't locate him in time.
SM is quiet today and i haven't seen any helicopters up searching (could be due to air traffic from MSP).
Prayers

Eagan PD suspends ground search effort for missing 23-year-old; family shares statement - Bring Me The News

The Eagan Police Department on Tuesday said it's continuing to look for information leading to the whereabouts of missing 23-year-old Bryce Borca, but volunteers are no longer needed as authorities have suspended expansive ground search efforts near the Minnesota River.

The Borca family also shared the following public message Tuesday:

"This is an incredibly difficult time for us and our main focus is finding our son. Our family would like to thank everyone involved in the search for Bryce, including the Eagan Police Department, county special operations, our friends, family and countless volunteers. We are so very grateful for the outpouring of love and support from the community, and we pray for Bryce’s safe return."

Eagan PD suspends ground search effort for missing 23-year-old; family shares statement - Bring Me The News

The Eagan Police Department on Tuesday said it's continuing to look for information leading to the whereabouts of missing 23-year-old Bryce Borca, but volunteers are no longer needed as authorities have suspended expansive ground search efforts near the Minnesota River.

Thanks for sharing the update.

Based on the statement below, do they feel comfortable that he's not in that area? that, unfortunately, he's in the river? It's basically been 2 days of organized searches involving volunteers - doesn't seem an excessive amount of time imo. Curious what others think.

"volunteers are no longer needed as authorities have suspended expansive ground search efforts near the Minnesota River."

Not a good sign. :(

Since he is a college student and was leaving a party..I wonder if Bryce was intoxicated at all?
<snipped>

My first thought was probably, but for some reason wearing a tie throws me off ("Bryce was wearing a patterned cardigan sweater, black pants and black tie and white sneakers"). Of course NOT that you can't/won't drink while wearing a tie, but just wondering if the party was a different type than I pictured at first.

<snipped>

My first thought was probably, but for some reason wearing a tie throws me off ("Bryce was wearing a patterned cardigan sweater, black pants and black tie and white sneakers"). Of course NOT that you can't/won't drink while wearing a tie, but just wondering if the party was a different type than I pictured at first.

I hadn’t mentioned it, but the fact he was wearing a “sweater” made me feel the same way. I didn’t mention it for mostly the same reasons you thought That and I have to have an open mind when it comes to clothing descriptions with missing people, I’ve seen a true hooded sweatshirt, a hoodie described as a a sweater so.

Rooting for you Bryce. His poor family.

<snipped>

I wondered if it was maybe a Halloween party, and it was a costume? Not a super costumey-costume, but like, a Mr Rogers costume or something along those lines.

Thanks for sharing the update.

Based on the statement below, do they feel comfortable that he's not in that area? that, unfortunately, he's in the river? It's basically been 2 days of organized searches involving volunteers - doesn't seem an excessive amount of time imo. Curious what others think.

"volunteers are no longer needed as authorities have suspended expansive ground search efforts near the Minnesota River."
The area near the river is like my back door because I frequently bike it. In fact, we were asked to look for him as we biked there last Monday. There is a paved path, plus a paved Old Cedar Bridge Crossing that ends up in Bloomington, MN. That area is very open on the south side of the river. Not isolated, although it was 2:00am, and I certainly wouldn't be down there at that time. HOWEVER, there is another police report that says he left a house at Terminal Drive and Yankee Doodle, was noted at Coachman and Yankee Doodle before his phone died. Well, guess what. If he was walking toward Coachman, that's AWAY from the river. Yankee Doodle also has a paved path there. His phone pinged near the river, which appears to be the opposite direction he headed. Did someone pick him up? Did someone steal his phone and throw it around that area? Lots of considerations. Finally, if he did head to the river, he would have taken Nichols Rd (Silver Bell), which goes to the river. Saw police searching along there on Monday. I just doubt he headed to the river.

The area near the river is like my back door because I frequently bike it. In fact, we were asked to look for him as we biked there last Monday. There is a paved path, plus a paved Old Cedar Bridge Crossing that ends up in Bloomington, MN. That area is very open on the south side of the river. Not isolated, although it was 2:00am, and I certainly wouldn't be down there at that time. HOWEVER, there is another police report that says he left a house at Terminal Drive and Yankee Doodle, was noted at Coachman and Yankee Doodle before his phone died. Well, guess what. If he was walking toward Coachman, that's AWAY from the river. Yankee Doodle also has a paved path there. His phone pinged near the river, which appears to be the opposite direction he headed. Did someone pick him up? Did someone steal his phone and throw it around that area? Lots of considerations. Finally, if he did head to the river, he would have taken Nichols Rd (Silver Bell), which goes to the river. Saw police searching along there on Monday. I just doubt he headed to the river.
Thanks for sharing.

I had not seen a report referencing Terminal Drive and Yankee Doodle - in viewing maps that area appears more office / industrial. I have see accounts that when he left, he should have headed east, but instead traveled west...not sure if that was based on a physical sighting or the cell phone pings.

Thanks for sharing.

I had not seen a report referencing Terminal Drive and Yankee Doodle - in viewing maps that area appears more office / industrial. I have see accounts that when he left, he should have headed east, but instead traveled west...not sure if that was based on a physical sighting or the cell phone pings.
Fox News Nov 1, 2022. Bryce Borca was reported missing on Sunday, after leaving a home off Highway 13 at Terminal Road and Yankee Doodle Road around 2 a.m. (Terminal Rd is Terminal Drive.) ONLINE EASY TO FIND.

<modsnip - unrelated

Again, if he went to the river, the area south of the river where he would have encountered the river has a very open paved trail clear to I-35. Going north there is a paved bridge access and trail to the Old Cedar Bridge and up the hill to Bloomington, MN (Old Shakopee Rd.) This is not an isolated area. Huge parking lots on the north and south side of the river. North side has inside bathrooms, picnic tables. But, at 2:00am? Not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
313326975_434032508918668_5796658651023843727_n.jpg

Eagan Police are actively searching for missing 23-year-old Bryce Borca. He was last seen leaving the area of Coachman Road/Yankee Doodle around 2 am on 10/30.

Bryce was wearing a patterned cardigan sweater, black pants and black tie and white sneakers. Several other agencies are assisting in the search which is concentrated near Hwy 13/Yankee Doodle. If you live in the area, please check your properties and businesses.

If you have any information about his whereabouts, please contact Detective Coulson (651) 675-5876.

There are multiple agencies currently searching for Borca, with Southeast Metro Fire News reporting teams are focusing the search near the Minnesota River.

Bryce is a Century College student, according to his Linkedin

You know, it WOULD be nice if at least ONE of these articles had some information on What happened leading up to the disappearance of this young man, like, Wtf, man? "who, what, when, where and How" are conspicuously missing from ALL of these reports on this guy... WHY?? If they added some additional information about events leading up to his disappearance, then we, the Public might have a better idea and chance of actually finding the guy... And to put out an immediate, "nah, we don't need any more help, thanks anyway" report, where his disappearance happened to be close to a River, is Extremely Strange... Does anyone else feel or think this way about the case?? Very Strange, indeed... God bless this young man...

You know, it WOULD be nice if at least ONE of these articles had some information on What happened leading up to the disappearance of this young man, like, Wtf, man? "who, what, when, where and How" are conspicuously missing from ALL of these reports on this guy... WHY?? If they added some additional information about events leading up to his disappearance, then we, the Public might have a better idea and chance of actually finding the guy... And to put out an immediate, "nah, we don't need any more help, thanks anyway" report, where his disappearance happened to be close to a River, is Extremely Strange... Does anyone else feel or think this way about the case?? Very Strange, indeed... God bless this young man...
Yes, messed up that there are no details nor any updates from the police since Tuesday. There must be things they do not want anyone to know.

looking at a map of the area there are a lot of water areas. Are those ponds? Someone mentioned a quarry in the area where is that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back