Found Deceased MN - Bushra Abdi, 19, & Zenyab Abdalla, 19, Shakopee, 13 Oct 2018

Awful news.

I do wonder why she would have called 911 instead of escaping out the open window first, and calling once she got to shore. Would she have even had time to call after they went in?

I wonder as well.

Awful news.

I do wonder why she would have called 911 instead of escaping out the open window first, and calling once she got to shore. Would she have even had time to call after they went in?
Does anyone know if the police can trace a cell phone call that fast? If it did ping in that area, nothing would be visible except flattened vegetation into pond.

Video at link.

Medical Examiner IDs Women Found in Chaska Pond as Missing Teens
Authorities in Chaska said Monday the medical examiner identified the two women found in a pond as the two teens who were reported missing over the weekend.

The Chaska Police Department said the cause of death for Zeynab Osman Abdalla and Bushra Mohamed Abdi, both 19-year-olds, have yet to be officially determined.

Awful news.

Yes, maybe. It's said Mary Jo Kopechne was alive in an air pocket before she drowned. And supposedly Kennedy had his window down.

He said he escaped through an open window, and tried to rescue Kopechne but couldn't reach her. Panicked, he said, he sought help at the party they'd been attending.

Chappa-what? Everything you should know about Ted Kennedy and the 'Chappaquiddick' movie

The pond you posted is not on the map I posted. If the map I posted was bigger your pond would have been at the bottom.

ETA: Here's a map with both ponds....
Google Maps

It is the pond directly off 41 and white oak dr. On the north side of road closest to metro dental care; they swerved off 41 south, taking a right directly over curb/walking path into the pond.
I could tell by pictures on Police: Bodies Found in Chaska Pond Identified As Missing Shakopee Girls

Using the link above...

Ruled Accidental Drowning
The video mentions that police are still investigating to piece together exactly what happened. There may be more to the story at a later date. Maybe.

The pond looks to be kinda far from the road. Like was mentioned in the video...Maybe someone was chasing them. That makes more sense to me. Hopefully if someone else is involved...the girls will get justice.

The video mentions that police are still investigating to piece together exactly what happened. There may be more to the story at a later date. Maybe.

The pond looks to be kinda far from the road. Like was mentioned in the video...Maybe someone was chasing them. That makes more sense to me. Hopefully if someone else is involved...the girls will get justice.
The area around the pond looks very muddy, though. If they were driving at a high rate of speed (since they were on the highway) and veered off the road suddenly (maybe a moment of inattention), the car could have started sliding sideways when it hit the mud. JMO

I do hope there's a thorough investigation. If there was any foul play, I want the perp(s) brought to justice.

Okay, this sounds like it may be related to that tweet. There may be some validity to it after all.

Call made from area where teens drown; request for audio transcript denied
The Chaska Police Department received a "suspicious activity" call at 3:08 a.m. Saturday at Highway 41 (Chestnut Street) and White Oak Drive, according to its police blotter. That is near the water treatment pond where their bodies were later found by authorities Sunday night.

Awful news.

I am not sure it would be possible to exit a car window at the same time the water was pouring in.

It is the pond directly off 41 and white oak dr. On the north side of road closest to metro dental care; they swerved off 41 south, taking a right directly over curb/walking path into the pond.
I could tell by pictures on Police: Bodies Found in Chaska Pond Identified As Missing Shakopee Girls

I can see how someone could end up in the pond if speeding - the road is curvy and has no light there. The thing is, it would be very easy to escape a sinking car that had the windows open - it is slow and even once submerged you can exit (this is why you should immediately begin to roll your windows down if you ever hit water with your vehicle). The call is also suspicious. Could this be murder/suicide? I'm having trouble imagining what scenario leads to two women being sunk in a pond in a residential area virtually in someone's back yard. The residents of those houses must have heard something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back