MN - Connor Bowman, 30, pharmacist & poison control employee, charged w/ murder of his wife Betty, 32, by poisoning, Rochester, Aug 2023

In Rochester Police Department applications for search warrants reviewed by Law&Crime, friends of the couple depict a marriage on the rocks because of financial troubles and infidelity. Though the Bowmans were in an “open relationship,” the couple agreed they would not become emotionally attached to their other partners. However, Connor Bowman became infatuated with his new girlfriend, friends told detectives. Betty Bowman allegedly confronted her husband about the woman and suggested they start divorce proceedings. One friend said she went to see Connor Bowman at his home three days after the death to find the girlfriend there with him and his wife’s photos taken down, the warrant said.

Interesting, according to the article, Betty and her husband were both seeing other women at the time he murdered her—I wonder if this fact (that Betty was seeing a woman on the side, rather than a man) at all contributed to CB’s homicidal rage towards Betty.

Interesting, according to the article, Betty and her husband were both seeing other women at the time he murdered her—I wonder if this fact (that Betty was seeing a woman on the side, rather than a man) at all contributed to CB’s homicidal rage towards Betty.
I feel like he was mostly, if not entirely, financially motivated. I doubt he cared at all if she was seeing anyone regardless of gender. JMO

Why bother to get married if they intended to date other people? The only reason I can think of is he wanted life insurance money.

JMO

Why bother to get married if they intended to date other people? The only reason I can think of is he wanted life insurance money.

JMO

Not my cup of tea, but marriage means different things to different people. Marriage doesn’t necessarily mean monogamy. There’s a ton of info on “open relationships” via Google. JMO.

.......The couple was said to be in an open relationship, according to friends, who said that Connor Bowman had apparently crossed a line, and his wife threatened divorce....

I think the murder was financially motivated. mo

Was wondering whether any updates on this case investigation. These local reports of December 6 & 7, 2023 seem to be the latest:

Charged with 1st degree murder, indicted by grand jury. (Under MN law, 1st degree murder can be levied only by grand jury.) If convicted, it's a mandatory LWOP.
Too bad Minnesota abolished the death penalty. Not only was it premeditated, but it was also an incredibly cruel way to kill her. She suffered for days in the hospital. And his motive was money. No surprise there, either: According to the complaint, the couple had separate bank accounts due to debt and he stood to receive $500,000 in life insurance following her death.

JMO

Too bad Minnesota abolished the death penalty. Not only was it premeditated, but it was also an incredibly cruel way to kill her. She suffered for days in the hospital. And his motive was money. No surprise there, either: According to the complaint, the couple had separate bank accounts due to debt and he stood to receive $500,000 in life insurance following her death.

JMO

I believe it was motivated by both money and another woman. She moved in right after Betty's death and he removed Betty's pictures from the home. He had zero emotion invested in Betty. She deserved SO much better!

the couple agreed they would not become emotionally attached to their other partners. However, Connor Bowman became infatuated with his new girlfriend,

One friend said she went to see Connor Bowman at his home three days after the death to find the girlfriend there with him and his wife’s photos taken down, the warrant said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsJeckyll
Back