MN - Demond Reed, 4, Minneapolis, 6 February 2008

God bless this little guy & keep him safe from any harm ever again....His Grandma was on the News lastnight & it was heart wrenching. I sobbed so hard & he was so cute & adorable.

The lady that did it had 4 kids....so SAD!

It shook me up too - seeing his picture. Y'all might laugh at this, but there's something about Demond's picture that looks so much like my youngest son last year when he was four. My son is caucasian, but they share this look, this spark, this happy little light. Like you said, cheko - heartbreaking.

I have to wonder - did this woman have a history of violence with her own children? My prayers to this family.

Woman charged in Mpls. 4-year-old's death
filler1x1.gif
Reed_Desmond.gif

Demond Reed, 4
Poole_Carla.jpg

Carla Poole, 37​
Prosecutors allege a Minneapolis woman beat her cousin's 4-year-old boy to death after he soiled his pants. According to a police affidavit, some of Poole's children witnessed the beating. It says one child told police Demond had a seizure and began to vomit, but Poole refused to call for help because she was afraid....

000arrow.gif
Read the complaint filed in Hennepin County Court (CAUTION--graphic content)

Why wasn't an Amber Alert issued? (Sunday night)

Updated: 07:02 PM

It shook me up too - seeing his picture. Y'all might laugh at this, but there's something about Demond's picture that looks so much like my youngest son last year when he was four. My son is caucasian, but they share this look, this spark, this happy little light. Like you said, cheko - heartbreaking.

I have to wonder - did this woman have a history of violence with her own children? My prayers to this family.

They stated the Mom had some charges against her in Ill. from a few years ago. They just stated on the News that her kids are witnesses against her. Ages 4/6/& 11yrs old. Apparently the cadaver dogs missed him first time threw the house she had him hid in a closet & the place was a real complete hell hole. I know someone at the BCA & they said it was unfit for anyone to walk in / let alone live in.

Give your little fella a hug & extra kiss tonight from me. Demond was totally adorable & how anyone could torture a child like that is beyond me. :furious: :furious: :furious:

Another tragic and senseless murder of an innocent and beautiful young soul. May Demond rest in peace and may the "caretaking cousin" :furious: serve a life sentence for her crimes. I pray that her other children will receive help and find loving and stable homes - I can't imagine how they must feel. :(

Another tragic and senseless murder of an innocent and beautiful young soul. May Demond rest in peace and may the "caretaking cousin" :furious: serve a life sentence for her crimes. I pray that her other children will receive help and find loving and stable homes - I can't imagine how they must feel. :(

LE stated her kids are in protective custody now. LE says the children will need help for a very long time after seeing what they saw. So very very sad! :furious:

That's all I can say about her - she is a monster.

Relative had kids hold boy while she hit him

"He [Desmond] was just so happy,'' said Caples' aunt, Leah Caples. "He was flirty. He liked to dance and smile."

Carla Poole, 37, had severely beaten him because he soiled his pants, even going so far as to have her own children -- ages 4 and 6 -- hold him down while she hit him, Minnesota authorities said.

Demond suffered bruises to his head and body, as well as rib fractures, puncture wounds on his stomach, back and buttocks and a bite mark on his stomach, according to the Hennepin County medical examiner's office. The injuries also suggested something had been shoved into his mouth, the office said.

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1642331.php?

12 Feb 08

Prosecutors in Minneapolis say a six-year-old and a four-year-old were told to hold Demond Reed by the arms - while he was beaten.

Prosecutors say Demond had been staying in the home of Carla Cherisse Poole, 37.

In that home, prosecutors say, Demond had soiled his pants and was disciplined. That he had a seizure and began to vomit. That Poole tried to give him CPR, unsuccessfully.

That Poole placed a grey blanket over Demond and left him on a bed for two days - then put his body in a closet in a green canvas bag that was in a black plastic bag.

The medical examiner in Minneapolis says Demond had bruises on his head and body, rib fractures, puncture wounds, and a bite mark on his stomach.

Four-year-old Demond Reed of Chicago had been visiting his father in Minneapolis until his father was jailed - then stayed with Poole and her family.

more at link

Carla Cherisse Poole

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 07/21/2008

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
Sentence: 40 years

Projected Release Date: 10/10/2034

Carla Cherisse Poole

Guilty Plea

I would die to protect my 2 nephews, same as I would die to protect my 3 boys. This story is heartbreaking.

http://www.startribune.com/local/15542397.html

Poole's 11-year-old daughter, who witnessed the beating, told police that it looked like Demond's face was pushed in

When 4-year-old Demond Reed soiled his pants last week, his purported caretaker, Carla Poole, began to beat him, ordering her 4- and 6-year-old sons to hold down his arms.

The horror those children witnessed! :furious: And being forced to hold him down??? W T H!

I saw that too. I wonder how these poor kids are ever going to get over that? I can't imagine the horrifying images that have been seared into their minds.

Carla Cherisse Poole

Guilty Plea

Okay, I dont get it...40 years (Probably will be let out earlier) for beating a child to death???? Sorry, there's something wrong here...:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back