MN - Dentist Kills a Tame Lion- Catches Heat, July 2015

Imagine if someone went around taking shots with a crossbow at domestic cats and dogs, then skinning and beheading them, just for kicks. We'd seriously wonder if they're a sociopath. Trophy hunters are no different. I get that hunting for meat/resources has its place, but trophy hunting or hunting just for the sport is such a twisted mentality. I can even get the conservation argument behind canned hunting (in theory), but it's still no excuse for the mindset that enjoys killing for the sake of it. We humans are so messed up, that we exploit animals to the point of extinction, and then exploit them further to supposedly try and save the species. If any of these trophy hunters really cared, they'd spend the same money and go bottle feed orphan animals or patrol for poachers. I hope this gives them all an inkling that they just look like weak, insecure bullies.

My comment was made to the 'person' who couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Are you saying that just to be different? What is the philosophy behind such an opinion?

Maybe I should feel bad that his life is ruined. But I don't. Not one little bit.

The past few days have been horrible. I don't want to live on a planet with scum like him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending news - CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/africa/zimbabwe-cecil-the-lion-killed/

"Famed primatologist and conservationist Jane Goodall spoke about Cecil, saying, "He was not even killed outright, but suffered for hours before finally being shot with a bullet. . ... And this behavior is described as a 'sport.'"

"Only one good thing comes out of this," she said. "Thousands of people have read the story and have also been shocked. Their eyes opened to the dark side of human nature. Surely they will now be more prepared to fight for the protection of wild animals and the wild places where they live. Therein lies the hope.""

IMO I believe we can find something to replace trophy hunting that will benefit conservation efforts. I believe every effort should be made to leave this planet with as many species as possible. We are, after all, only killing ourselves by destroying them.

BBM How any human being can allow an animal to suffer is beyond anything I can comprehend.

Imagine if someone went around taking shots with a crossbow at domestic cats and dogs, then skinning and beheading them, just for kicks. We'd seriously wonder if they're a sociopath. Trophy hunters are no different. I get that hunting for meat/resources has its place, but trophy hunting or hunting just for the sport is such a twisted mentality. I can even get the conservation argument behind canned hunting (in theory), but it's still no excuse for the mindset that enjoys killing for the sake of it. We humans are so messed up, that we exploit animals to the point of extinction, and then exploit them further to supposedly try and save the species. If any of these trophy hunters really cared, they'd spend the same money and go bottle feed orphan animals or patrol for poachers. I hope this gives them all an inkling that they just look like weak, insecure bullies.

BBM
Like this lovely lady?

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/...w-and-Arrow--300293461.html?device=tablet&c=y

OH not so, not so at all. The number one rule in hunting is that YOU alone are responsible for your weapon and your hunt.

This guy is a puke and I love the fact that he's on the run. He likes hunting so much? Now he's the hunted.

Karma. This deserves every thing that is happening to him and more.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/c...-james-palmer-has-bear-related-felony-n400226

There's also a video at the above link, describing how this majestic animal suffered for 40 minutes after he was wounded with an arrow, before this despicable 'trophy' hunter eventually shot and killed him with his gun.

'Trophy' hunting needs to be outlawed internationally. It sickens me that it still occurs in this day and age.

I agree with all you've said, but one correction. Cecil was wounded and suffered for 40 HOURS, not minutes.

Well said.

The mindset that the money they pay to hunt the animals goes toward paying for the remaining animals care; reminds me of the violently abusive husband who stabs his wife and then is mad at her for bleeding on the floor.

Making excuses for their disgusting behavior.

Well said.

The mindset that the money they pay to hunt the animals goes toward paying for the remaining animals care; reminds me of the violently abusive husband who stabs his wife and then is mad at her for bleeding on the floor.

Making excuses for their disgusting behavior.

The fact is that the reason most of these animals are endangered is due to illegal poaching. Not the handful of legal kills that people pay high amounts for. I don't think that analogy you put out there is accurate at all. I don't like the idea of trophy hunting, but the fact remains that if local people feel the need to protect the animals for these high priced hunts, they are less likely to become poachers or support poachers.

From my understanding, some of these villages, which do not have a tourism economy, rely on these hunts and are very motivated to keep these animals safe and grow the population. By placing a value on these animals it increases their importance to the people who live there. People just donating money to foundations does not create that. I would be interested in hearing any ideas that could accomplish decreasing poaching, increasing animal population and give locals incentives of protecting the animals.

Like I have said previously, this trophy kill thing disgusted me, until I read about what happened with the white rhino, and had sort of a paradigm shift in the fact that while it's easy for us to sit comfortable in our homes and condemn this, the full story behind this is much more complicated.

Does Palmer have a family? Wife and kids? I have not seen one thing in the coverage to indicate he does. That might explain his apparent detachment from humanity.

I have been avoiding all the coverage since this story broke. What a magnificent animal! I have no further words as I have shed many tears. RIP Cecil. I'm sorry you suffered! Just sickening.

I have been just so sad....sad....since hearing about Cecil and the way he died. Even sadder to see these other animals this person (and that's being generous, to call him a person) has taken from this earth for no reason other than selfishness and stupidity.

Am I about to go to a dentist who enjoys illegally killing endangered animals and watching them suffer? No, thanks.

In this world of today it should not be allowed for someone to spend this huge, ridiculous amount of money to hunt and kill an animal. It's not a sport, it's not a hobby. It's sick, twisted, disturbing behaviour - only that and nothing more. I'm not even willing to see any nuances here.

I'm so disgusted by this mans actions, I loved every word of what Jimmy Kimmel said!

I agree with all you've said, but one correction. Cecil was wounded and suffered for 40 HOURS, not minutes.

And it's not just one lion. Apparently another male lion will now kill Cecil's cubs. Lions are already endangered.

Per CNN, Feds have requested Palmer or his representative to contact them. They have been unable to locate Palmer.

Per CNN, Feds have requested Palmer or his representative to contact them. They have been unable to locate Palmer.

And the Feds should be looking into him. What he did was illegal. And I saw an international hunting group he was part of suspended his membership, I'm actually quite shocked any group would let him be a member given his documented history.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back