GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tippy Lynn, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missy1974

missy1974 Well-Known Member

This article doesn't tell you the totality of his comments... he said, "I will give you that, that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal, that may result in this whole trial being overturned"

I love that Law and Crime uploads all the videos.... 1:06:30

misgrn, al66pine, MadMcGoo and 6 others like this.

2. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

a number of us have commented on the very casual warnings that were only started last week after the WRight murder...no have not heard social media and I don't think the judge should just assume they understand that. I believe as spoken by Mr. Nelson that will be another one of his many grounds for appeal. Most judges hammer that admonition at each break. lunch and at night. In fact I recall some asking first thing in the morning if any jurors had been approached by media or discussed the case . just sort of routine. There was none of that here.

3. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

and we need 100% on board...not a done deal here at all.

4. missy1974

I don't think they were... and I just listened to some of the comments Nelson made yesterday... he said that even he has tried to avoid all media/online activity but some has just been unavoidable.. like the ALERTS to his phone.

5. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

there were a number of reasons given...1. too soon after the crime...public would riot...2. he wanted Federal prison and immunity from civil rights litigation down the line. It will indeed be crazy if he ends up getting 3rd degree after all of this.

al66pine, jjs, CrimeAway and 2 others like this.
  6. tara83

tara83 Well-Known Member

It would be a bigger nightmare to me if he was just convicted of manslaughter after he was willing to to plead to 3rd degree murder.

misgrn, al66pine, ACE422 and 10 others like this.
  7. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Thank you for the full quote.

Fortunately he said his words after the jury left and they've been sequestered ever since. They don't know what he said.

jmo

edited to add: or was the jury still there?

al66pine and missy1974 like this.
  8. missy1974

I still don't know if it's even true ;) Hopefully we will learn more later. Only one place reported it and it came from an anonymous source. I have trust issues :confused:

al66pine, MadMcGoo, CrimeAway and 2 others like this.
  9. Shaddow

Shaddow Be the change that you wish to see in the world

How do you think the Civil Rights Act of 64 became law? If people, didn't march and protest it would have never happened. If people didn't speak out, it would not have happened. If people just "stayed home..." it would not have happened. It doesn't have to be violent...it usually turns violent... because the police make it so... and when outside agitators blend in with their own agenda. Maxine Waters did not advocate violence. She advocates change.

10. missy1974

So you are saying that the investigation wasn't complete when they charged him then too? I'm not disagreeing with you, I actually feel that it might be the case.

MadMcGoo, Rocky1 and RANCH like this.
  11. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

N
    No, he asked them to leave.

al66pine, kimpage, GarAndTeed and 2 others like this.
  12. missy1974

hmmm interesting, IMO I think if it was a heart ailment and/or drugs/stress after the struggle in the car, I think it would have happened regardless. I'm still not convinced either way of cause of death, but I'm leaning towards heart, and question Dr. Tobin's whole testimony now. Thanks for your point of view... I hope this is what the jury is doing... discussing it.

13. missy1974

The jury is NEVER there when they discuss motions.

14. tara83

tara83 Well-Known Member

I just pray that George Floyd will receive justice.I'll never understand how a fellow human being can watch that tape and not see how horrific Chauvin's behavior was.

misgrn, Rosalinda, al66pine and 17 others like this.
  15. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

But doesn't designate WHICH charge? This makes me *cray cray* when such polls are done. As I don't believe that these folks who are in the polls are educated as to charges, jury directions, and elements.

Reason why I stick here, and post about such with others as to CHARGES, JURY DIRECTIONS, and ELEMENTS.

MOO

I haven't ventured to MSM in some time.... as I did with COVID iykwim

al66pine, Bravo and missy1974 like this.
  16. RANCH

RANCH United we stand, divided we fall

Looks like DC was arrested and charged on May 29th which was only a few days after GF died. So the investigation had just started.

George Floyd's Arresting Officer Charged With 3rd-Degree Murder, Manslaughter

17. Shaddow

Shaddow Be the change that you wish to see in the world

There was no medical help rendered to save GF life. NONE. Chauvin refused help for GF. He could have turned him over when Lane said no pulse and started CPR. He did not and GF died. Chauvin chose death for GF.

misgrn, al66pine, rootbeer and 12 others like this.
  18. dixiegirl1035

Keep in mind what I posted in post #5??? or so on this thread. Aggravating of charges.

al66pine, Bravo and whitelilac like this.
  19. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

No. They could have charged him once they felt they had enough evidence to convict.
    The investigation can continue after that point, and if the investigation points to innocence after he/she is charged, those charges can then be dropped.

20. dixiegirl1035

Oh! Gotcha! It's all in context then within his entire directions. The sentences before, after.. matter. Perhaps you can share the link for such to share?

al66pine and Rocky1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.