MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #5 - Chauvin Trial Day 2

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tippy Lynn, May 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluebird69

bluebird69 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where the two passengers in GF's car went to? I would've expected to see them among the bystanders seen in the 'angry mob' videos.

mom2chloe, misgrn, Cool Cats and 8 others like this.

2. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

That's a great question. I'm still trying to find out of that $20.00 bill was counterfeit.
    It would have been nice if the trial started out with the cashier testifying before the 911 call.

mom2chloe, misgrn, bluebird69 and 8 others like this.
  3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 I will do it, but I won't like it

I read these the other day, but I'm too tired to read again... but here are two articles from my history that I found as I went down that rabbit hole the other day. I'm sure we will be hearing lots of info (two sides?) from all the docs on the witness list!

Reliability of Postmortem Fentanyl Concentrations in Determining the Cause of Death
    Reliability of Postmortem Fentanyl Concentrations in Determining the Cause of Death

Fentanyl: What Is a Lethal Dosage? - Oxford Treatment Center
    Fentanyl: What Is a Lethal Dosage?

Cool Cats, MsBetsy, anneg and 2 others like this.
  4. nightowl1975

nightowl1975 Well-Known Member

I meant simple, as in, straightforward.

Wild Rose, Cool Cats, MsBetsy and 2 others like this.
  5. nightowl1975

Why does this matter at all? If it was counterfeit or not is completely irrelevant to DC’s actions that day. DC certainly didn’t know if it was actually counterfeit at the time. GF could’ve been running a multi-billion dollar counterfeit operation. That shouldn’t impact how his arrest was handled.

6. branmuffin

branmuffin Well-Known Member

If the defense attorney was referring to the trachea it doesn't matter if his airflow wasn't restricted. When you have a weight on your torso and on your neck every time you exhale the pressure makes it impossible for the lungs to expand again. That's how Jesus died on the cross. He was asphyxiated. An ingenious way to kill someone slowly: the arms high over the head and the body's own gravitational pull limiting lung expansion. Every exhale deflates the lungs and eventually the person cannot intake a breath. I am amazed that LE learn this method to restrain an individual yet are ignorant of the physiology involved in the process.

7. dixiegirl1035

It's the AC condensation from the car. MOO. It's there in the beginning MOO

8. dixiegirl1035

His pants were down below his bottom (blue pants). His undershorts with pockets are black. His blue pants were pulled down below his bottom when he was pulled/dragged out of the car and placed on the ground. MOO from watching 2 hours of video this am.

Wild Rose, Cool Cats, MsBetsy and 8 others like this.
  9. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Do you perhaps think maybe he wouldn't have been arrested if the bill was real?

mom2chloe, misgrn, bluebird69 and 5 others like this.
  10. dixiegirl1035

They stood by the car around the corner... where they were told to stay. They had NOOOOO idea that GF was dead as the others did. The officer (think it was Lane) told his friends to put GF's phone in his car as "he will need it when he picks up his car" :eek: Then, MMA guy walks up and tells the gal what happened and she is like WTF!!!!

misgrn, Cool Cats, MsBetsy and 12 others like this.
  11. shotgun09

shotgun09 'Certified' Boomer

Yes, I watched the video posted on page one of this thread, post #6. The video is from a body cam worn by one of the two first arriving officers. He was restraining Mr Floyd's leg area later during the footage. The two passengers stayed where they were told...against the wall, near where Floyd's car was parked. The camera footage has the cop going back to check on them, after the ambulance left. He also goes back into Cup Foods to interview the manager

ETA: Thanks dixiegirl for the video!

misgrn, Wild Rose, Cool Cats and 9 others like this.
  12. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

The AC condensation crossed my mind too, although I didn’t pay attention at the beginning. The first time it happened to our car I panicked!

13. RANCH

RANCH Well-Known Member

When the defense gets it's turn perhaps the cashier will be called first to help to answer that question and perhaps more. JMO

misgrn, Wild Rose, Cool Cats and 5 others like this.
  14. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to get the complete picture. It would be a shame if he was falsely arrested in the first place.

misgrn, Wild Rose, Cool Cats and 7 others like this.
  15. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

16. nightowl1975

Who knows. Yet another completely irrelevant detail. The police don’t get to kill us for committing crimes unless their life or the life of others is in immediate jeopardy.

Wild Rose, Cool Cats, MsBetsy and 7 others like this.
  17. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Okay, so your opinion is he committed a crime. I wasn't sure.

bluebird69, MsBetsy and Gibbo214 like this.
  18. Weki

Weki Well-Known Member

From @cathyrusson on Twitter

#DerekChauvinTrial - More from the pool reporter on jury reaction to fiery cross between Nelson and Hansen:
    "some jurors seemed uncomfortable with the level of hostility that developed during cross"
    @LawCrimeNetwork

misgrn, Cool Cats, MsBetsy and 5 others like this.
  19. jennieohhh

jennieohhh Well-Known Member

I would not feel comfortable rendering aid if i was in that position either. I am not an officer so i have no idea what they did or didnt do was wrong because idk. I do think it is safe to assume that in any situation you keep your eyes on the threat, which was the growing crowd imo

bluebird69, Cool Cats and Tippy Lynn like this.
  20. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think he said he had been "hooping," but yes, we don't know how often he used drugs, what kind of tolerance he had, or the amount he consumed that day. Of course it's not healthy to do drugs when you have a heart condition but apparently he was active and playing basketball right up until the time of his death.

Yet he died on that day, when police restrained him and kneeled on his neck until he stopped breathing.

momsof3, misgrn, Wild Rose and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.