MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood that none of them gave an account of what happened. They all pled the fifth.

They have to write up reports following the incident. That would have been done on Monday. I think the 5th was in reference to them being interviewed by authorities once the investigation into their actions began.

Minority owned businesses who burned down or were looted last night are coming out in support today of the actions. They are saying that businesses can be rebuilt, lives cannot be brought back. They stand in solidarity with the protesters.

Is there a source for this? It just seems odd. I know a lot of small business owners- mainly immigrants. I cant see any of them agreeing that their businesses needed to burned and looted as a form of protest.

In short, this smells like propaganda.

So these business owners won't be expected the state or federal government to fund cost to replace their business. I guess, they won't be filing lawsuits for failure to protect their businesses.

That's a relief....

What? Amazing that anyone would conclude that because business owners are not angry and understand the dynamics that lead to the destruction that they might not need financial support in the rebuild.

Mr. Floyd's family has begun their slow move toward justice for their loved one in the arrest of this former officer. I wish them peace as this process will be fraught with twists and turns with some arguing that the killing was started by their loved ones actions.

This killer will be afforded free, union paid counsel and a defense that will fight vigorously for his release (as is afforded by law). But for now, this is the time to show support for the justice process beginning.

JUST CAME TO POST THIS AWESOME NEWS!!!!

so. happy. may justice be served and may the many communities heal and be restored. sigh of relief

FINALLY

Theo Keith on Twitter
#BREAKING: Officer Derek Chauvin has been taken into custody by state authorities, Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington says.

Yes, finally!

Former Minneapolis police officer arrested in George Floyd death

Minnesota Department of Public Safety Commissioner John Mark Harrington reappeared at the podium Friday after a news conference ended, saying that the BCA has arrested Chauvin. He did not have any information about specific charges.

So now the rioting and looting should stop immediately. If people continue to steal we will know that their true motive is simply greed.

The motive was always greed and mischief for the looting...you saw the looks on people's faces in Target. The error is in conflating protestors with looters, who are opportunists. I hope the protestors keep it up, and that no one will feel rioting is necessary any more. Rioting when people feel they need to scream to be heard is the distraction that allows looting to occur.

The looters could be caught. Somewhere, there's a young lady with a whole lotta lamps...

Last edited:
This murderous crime is disgusting. I am glad the officer has been arrested and any one else that could have stepped in but did not should be arrested as well. I also think the rioting is disgusting. People that were innocent like the business' owners did not deserve what happened. The whole situation is sad and maddening. The cops were wrong and the rioting was wrong. 2 Wrongs will never make a right.

So now the rioting and looting should stop immediately. If people continue to steal we will know that their true motive is simply greed.
Unfortunately there are always going to be people who take advantage of situations like that in every city.

Floyd's family and their attorney called for peaceful protests, and I'm sure there were many more nonviolent than violent protesters.

At least one officer has been arrested, now we'll have to see if the others who stood by and did nothing will also be charged.

Imo

Minority owned businesses who burned down or were looted last night are coming out in support today of the actions. They are saying that businesses can be rebuilt, lives cannot be brought back. They stand in solidarity with the protesters.
All the minority business owners? Or just one or two of them?

Dan Abrams
@danabrams

Apparently a charging decision (what he will specifically be charged with) has not been made yet. .

How does that work? If one is arrested and there are no charges? Is this where a person can be held for X number of hours before being charged or released? No bail at this time? When they say arrested do they mean taken in for questioning?

We can start with first degree murder, excessive force, violation of civil rights.

Thank you for the info. I must have read it wrong because you say its 'businesses' when I only saw one minority owner state this.

Do you know how many other business owners also said this, and which minority businesses did they own that's been destroyed?

Do these minority business owners know their insurance doesnt cover riots?

TIA!

jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads