MN - Girl, 2, strapped into car seat flies out of a vehicle, Mankato, 14 Jan 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The two-year-old girl toppled out of the rear left door of the car as her mother veered around a corner in Mankato, Minnesota on Monday.

The shocking incident was captured on someone's dashcam as he was driving behind the mother's car at about 11.45am.

It showed the girl, who dressed in a pink jacket and gray tights, falling from car as it slowly veered around a bend in the road.

The seat miraculously landed on its side and the girl did not appear to hit the ground.

The car braked momentarily at the traffic lights a few feet away despite having a green signal.

When the door of the car was shut, the car drove off and left the little girl in the middle of the road.

The good samaritan was captured on his dashcam jumping out of his own vehicle and trying to wave down the mother.

Cops have asked the County Attorney's Office to consider charging the mother with child endangerment

Toddler strapped into a car seat flies out of a vehicle | Daily Mail Online

8550100-6594117-image-m-10_1547560611900.jpg
8550102-6594117-image-m-11_1547560620240.jpg

Is this for real or was it staged? What are the odds of a child and her car seat falling out of the car while someone named "Chad Cheddar Mock" has a dash cam running in the car directly behind them?

The only way I can see this being possible is mom's car having a faulty seat belt. There are two different sizes of seat belt clasps, an a or b size, and they have unfastened on me when an A and B are connected. All I had to do was yank the two sides while the belt was latched and it pulled apart easily.

Making Minnesota proud..... not. I’m so glad the child was okay.

And I guess I should not judge. I had my child/car seat fly forward when I hit a deer. I THOUGHT he was properly attached to the seat of the car. After that, I found myself a car seat that would snap in and out of the car but remained properly secured to the seat of the car. Never happened again.

Officials say the child's mother was driving the vehicle. A woman later walked back to get the toddler.

Police say the child was properly strapped into the car seat, but it wasn't fastened to the seat in the vehicle.

Toddler OK after tumbling from car in Mankato
Little known Secret, my wife works with alot of mothers... alot of them practice not straping the car seat into the car. I always offered even when akward because it takes 2 seconds to do. We have a firestation across the neighborhood and I even direct them there. Alot switch care seats with inlaws or care takers and it make it more convenient. But man, never would I take that short cut.

Officials say the child's mother was driving the vehicle. A woman later walked back to get the toddler.

Police say the child was properly strapped into the car seat, but it wasn't fastened to the seat in the vehicle.

Toddler OK after tumbling from car in Mankato

I disagree that she was strapped into the seat properly. She's wearing a bulky coat. But at least she didn't fall out of it.

Minnesota mom faces charges after daughter, strapped in safety seat, falls out of moving car
Court records indicate police charged Hassan on Thursday with one count of endangering a child in a situation that could cause harm or death and one count of not fastening a child passenger-restraint system.

Both are misdemeanors. The endangerment charge is punishable by up to a year in prison and a $3,000 fine.

Hassan is also charged with operating a car with only a learner’s permit and without a licensed driver at least 21 years old in the car, also a misdemeanor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back