Found Deceased MN - Gloria Rieken, 18, Minneapolis, 16 Nov 1970

Yep. Hoping for him to get nailed for whatever else he committed

This thread hasn’t been very active but I have been thinking a lot about Gloria’s case and how much I wish for it to be solved. I hope resolution is brought soon!

Any idea why she was named under the surname Rieken and not Smith if she was married? Eighteen is young to be married, what age was her husband?

Authorities identify woman who went missing nearly 50 years ago
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the Mille Lacs County Sheriff's Office announced a breakthrough in a nearly 50-year-old death investigation Wednesday.

State and county officials have identified human remains located in an abandoned home in Mille Lacs County as Gloria Frieda Rieken.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesot...fied-49-years-later-as-missing-u-of-m-student
Authorities announced on Wednesday that remains discovered after a fire on November 10, 1970 were that of Gloria Frieda Rieken. They were found at a burned property on Keystone Road, north of Milaca in Mille Lacs County, Minnesota

BCA: Mpls. Woman’s Remains Identified After 4 Decades
The BCA says the deceased was identified through DNA, and now authorities are asking for any information that will help solve her case.

“Learning her identity gave us our first break in this case in nearly a half century,” said Mille Lacs County Sheriff Don Lorge. “Now we can try to piece together how she came to be in Mille Lacs County, and hopefully, how she died.”

The DNA was given in 2013 . She was buried.

What ????

The DNA was given in 2013 . She was buried.

What ????
The remains were exhumed last year and matched this month. It does make sense considering how long some of these DNA profiles take to complete. I've seen them take up to 11 months.

This is an article about the charred remains. For those wondering why it took so long, according to the article it was as if she was cremated.

I dont think this case was entered into Namus...and if it was, it wasn't made public.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190213-220113_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190213-220113_Drive.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 36

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads