MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trino said:
Here's a strange link to the area (murdered sisters). St. Cloud is located very near to St. Joe.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/2823149.html

This story tells about all the priests and monks sheltered at St. John's abbey in MN who have admitted abusing young kids. The Reker girls are mentioned in this story and one of the priests out there in "isolation" used to be the parish priest at St. Joseph where Jacob Wetterling is from (that much has been printed in local newspapers). Coincidence?

http://www.natcath.com/NCR_Online/archives/121302/121302h.htm

This case really haunts me and I think about it all the time..........

Was surfing the other day and came across a whole article about another boy (Jared) who was 12 at the time of Jacobs abduction and who was abducted and molested but released in the same area, shortly before Jacob went missing.............but my computer crashed and now I can't find the article. It was quite long, with photos of the boy (whos now in his 20's). V annoying that I lost it. If anyones seen it can they post? The only thing I could find was this tiny mention on the JWF site
snip........"The investigation into Jacob's abduction has continued. In 2004, some new reports hit the local press. A long-held belief that the abductor got away in a car has now been thrown out. It was also revealed that another boy had been in a similar incident nearby. Jared (then 12) was sexually assaulted about ten miles away in Cold Spring, Minnesota earlier in 1989."

http://jacob-wetterling.wikiverse.org/

I think he was abducted "to order". Peodophiles aren't usually so picky. maybe he was sold- this would explain the lack of similar crimes in the area since. Maybe the abducter moved to another area..........Does anyone know of any other abduction since where the abducter asked the age? Please post.......

This case really gets to me. His poor family.

emma,
This case bothers me also. I lived in MN when Jacob was abducted, and I believe he was 'ordered' too. I have never heard a kidnapper ask a child's age, of course, it may have happened.
Have you heard of the 'Franklin Cover-up?? As far as I can tell, the story is true, and is very frightening. I think these people are asked to look for a certain 'look'. Jacob was dark-haired, dark-eyed; and that might be what someone requested. Sick as it is, I believe this goes on.
Sometimes they are taken to other countries.

Hey Peekaboo!
I hadn't heard of the Franklin Cover-up here in the uk, but I read up on it and it truely terrified me.......... Could seriously be linked to little Jacob.
I also found a link to a boy called Johnny Gosch who dissapeared and whos mother believes he came to visit her and is in hiding in fear for his life now as an adult all linked to this certain peadophile ring. He is also dark haired and dark eyed........
http://www.johnnygosch.com/

So scary. I wonder if Jacob could still be alive as well? I hope so.........

emma, I have heard about Johnny Gosch, too. These stories are so frightening; I have grandchildren, and can't help but feel frightened for them.
We should be able to trust, but we cannot anymore. I grew up in a very small town in the 50's, and everyone knew everyone there. Of course, parent's were strict, and didn't allow us to run free like it happens now.
It is a scary world we live in. I hate teaching kids to be always afraid, and try not to do that, but the truth is they have to be aware.
I note that you are from London. How interesting. I am in the U.S, in the midwest.

Hiya!
The midwest! Thats sounds far more intersting than where I am- its cold and drizzly here!
Had a nightmare about Jacob last night- was very weird and scary. Think i've been thinking about this case too much. I think the fact that that abducter wanted so much info on Jacob dictates a (very) slim chance that he still might be alive. Why go to so much trouble to choose a victim if you were going to kill them in a few hours anyway? If he's not alive now, there is at least a chance that he was for quite a while. I hope to goodness they find him. With his mum (Patty) being in the political news so much at the moment, she couldn't ask for better publicity..................

emma l said:
Hiya!
The midwest! Thats sounds far more intersting than where I am- its cold and drizzly here!
Had a nightmare about Jacob last night- was very weird and scary. Think i've been thinking about this case too much. I think the fact that that abducter wanted so much info on Jacob dictates a (very) slim chance that he still might be alive. Why go to so much trouble to choose a victim if you were going to kill them in a few hours anyway? If he's not alive now, there is at least a chance that he was for quite a while. I hope to goodness they find him. With his mum (Patty) being in the political news so much at the moment, she couldn't ask for better publicity..................

Isn't it something how we still have this case in our hearts after all these years?! I still hope and pray that Jacob is alive...somewhere; but still doubt it, for the reasons you have given. Patty has never given up hope; she at least gives hope to those who have loved ones missing still.
Oh gosh, cold and drizzly I cannot take too well. It has been a cool summer here, also. This is a relief tho, as it usually is very hot and humid this time of year. I am in the southern US; but moved here from the northern part. So, I am used to harsh winters, milder summers.

Its sunny again here now. Thats global warming for you.

I just got the shock of my life- Jacob Wetterling was born in February 1978 and I was born in May 1978...........he's OLDER than me. This was such a shock I went ice-cold. My goodness.....I was thinking of him as a little boy. It IS truly astounding that people still think about Jacob........he will never be forgotten because of the strange circumstances of his abduction.

emma l said:
Its sunny again here now. Thats global warming for you.

I just got the shock of my life- Jacob Wetterling was born in February 1978 and I was born in May 1978...........he's OLDER than me. This was such a shock I went ice-cold. My goodness.....I was thinking of him as a little boy. It IS truly astounding that people still think about Jacob........he will never be forgotten because of the strange circumstances of his abduction.

Glad you had some sun, emma1. I can't stand when it's cloudy for days. I get sluggish and depressed.
Yes, guess we do tend to think of Jacob as a boy, that's our last memory of him, sadly. It is so odd how this case quieted down so quickly again. The man who lives on the property nearest where Jacob disappeared sounded so suspicious to me. Now we hear nothing.
Even my relatives in that area aren't hearing anything. I have an idea, I think I'll search for a newspaper from there, and email them. I'll come here and post if/when I get an answer. This case bugs me.

That would be greta peekaboo..........let me know how you get on!

emma l said:
That would be greta peekaboo..........let me know how you get on!

I did email a newspaper in St Joseph, MN. I havent had any reply. Do you mean email Greta, emma1??? :confused:

Ah! No I meant the newspaper! Thanks for doing that- I'm sure they'll get back to you eventually.........they probably get loads of requests!

I remember this case I think about Jacob often. I always thought it was someone who lived there. Someone who happened to here the boys on the road and who had probably been stalking Jacob. I think asking them who was the oldest was just a ruse he knew exactly who he wanted. I truthfully could never figure out why the police never looked closer at people who lived there. I don't believe he was taken in a car anywhere he was around there somewhere when the police where looking for him. JMO

They mentioned Jacob on our central MN news tonight (9/29) - they've had reports of someone who looks a lot like him living in a small town in MN. The man's co-workers told police they thought he looked a lot like Jacob. What's odd is the guy refuses to have DNA tested to prove he's not him.

Here's the link to the story:
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S2932.html?cat=1

Hmmm...certainly the part about him being given up by his mom and then living with a man is interesting for the case, but it just seems weird that he would think his mom gave him up when he was abducted by gunpoint. He was old enough to remember. But, I don't know. The child mind is still impressionable.

when ur a child even at 11 you can do things you think you cant do i have 2 brothers and a sister im the oldest 23 the youngest is my sister shes 11. one of my younger brothers he will tell her to do stuff ( not dangerus stuff) but stuff and she often listens to him.. what im getting at is the guy took jacob brainwashed him into thinking his mom didnt want him anymore. had him scared half to death prolly threatened him. i know at 11 i still was scared of stuff like that. so he grew up had the story all in his head, i am so and so my mom died. and if he memorised it good and said it good no one would suspect anything. i also read in the article that they said his father would have been in the military. what is that all about? did he tell them what his father did? ( the man hes claiming is his father or really is) dont you need 2 forms of id and a social to get a job now adays unless the job is under the table? also the story about the man saying his mom was dead and he lived with his father brings me back to the marshall case on how she said the same thing. but then often would forget and tell others her mom died of cancer A must book to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa