MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Though there isn't a trace of evidence suggesting he was lifted off the driveway as well.

for 15 years the only logical explanation was that Jacob was taken in a vehicle that had left its tire tracks on the driveway. during all this time we all knew that if we could find this vehicle, we could find Jacob. we found it, we completed the theory that Jacob was taking by a stranger in a vehicle. but unfortunately this would turn out to be a.very good tip rather then a resolution. to now add another vehicle after 15 years contradicts everything leading up to this point and also has not a trace of evidence to back it up.

Sent via tap 2 talk

And in that time there has been documented trails that led to a party spot in the woods by the Rassier farm. Did LE document those as well? Doubtful.

for 15 years the only logical explanation was that Jacob was taken in a vehicle that had left its tire tracks on the driveway. during all this time we all knew that if we could find this vehicle, we could find Jacob. we found it, we completed the theory that Jacob was taking by a stranger in a vehicle. but unfortunately this would turn out to be a.very good tip rather then a resolution. to now add another vehicle after 15 years contradicts everything leading up to this point and also has not a trace of evidence to back it up.

Sent via tap 2 talk

I did pay for the online prescription for the Paynesville Press and found a story about DAH's arrest. In the story it said it was unknown if DAH was connected to the 5 assaults in Paynesville. We at websleuths hadn't known about those assaults before the article. Someone may have emailed Joy because they knew she had a blog about Jacob. The info on Joy's blog came out after we found the article and after someone emailed her. I really don't care for credit. I want Jacob found and all information uncovered. Why would we not have known about the other 5 reports from LE? Did they think it wasn't connected to Jacob's disappearance? It could have been important to the investigation.

I also think the posters here are getting too snappy at each other. I will just hang back until the atmosphere improves.

for 15 years the only logical explanation was that Jacob was taken in a vehicle that had left its tire tracks on the driveway. during all this time we all knew that if we could find this vehicle, we could find Jacob. we found it, we completed the theory that Jacob was taking by a stranger in a vehicle. but unfortunately this would turn out to be a.very good tip rather then a resolution. to now add another vehicle after 15 years contradicts everything leading up to this point and also has not a trace of evidence to back it up. Sent via tap 2 talk

Were the tire track authenticated, or was LE taking Kevin's word? Perhaps I have missed it, but I have seen no matching tire tracks.

That's a good question. I wonder how they can conclusively know what tires were on the car since it was so many years later? Perhaps they were provided photo's of the car circa 1989? Otherwise, with the amount of aftermarket rubber available in 1989 it would be tough to pinpoint what tread was on that car at that point in its life.

Were the tire track authenticated, or was LE taking Kevin's word? Perhaps I have missed it, but I have seen no matching tire tracks.

the person who drove the vehicle that left the tire tracks on the driveway was discovered finally in 2003, le can be seen on CNN national news that same year or the next announcing there change of theory in the case, they had found the vehicle they were looking for. if there is more tracks they are withholding that information from the public at this time

Sent via tap2 talk

I think Trino is looking for a conclusive identification like a tire match and not Kevin's word.

the person who drove the vehicle that left the tire tracks on the driveway was discovered finally in 2003, le can be seen on CNN national news that same year or the next announcing there change of theory in the casethey had found the vehicle they were looking forif there is more tracks they are withholding that information from the public at this time

Sent via tap2 talk

That's a good question. I wonder how they can conclusively know what tires were on the car since it was so many years later? Perhaps they were provided photo's of the car circa 1989? Otherwise, with the amount of aftermarket rubber available in 1989 it would be tough to pinpoint what tread was on that car at that point in its life.

You could narrow it down by finding out what size tire was used on that model car and then check how many brand name tires were made (and sold in the general area) in that size 5 years and later after the car was made. Checking the tire print width and pattern would confirm which brand and may match up with the date of manufacture data. Also any unusual marks or damage to the original tires would show up in the tire prints.

Can you elaborate on specifics about LK and the tapes that has tapped your interest? It's certainly an interesting piece in this mystery.

I'll try to put something together about this...

How about after market wheels and rims? Hardly anyone running an A-body from those years ran stock wheels.

You could narrow it down by finding out what size tire was used on that model car and then check how many brand name tires were made (and sold in the general area) in that size 5 years and later after the car was made. Checking the tire print width and pattern would confirm which brand and may match up with the date of manufacture data. Also any unusual marks or damage to the original tires would show up in the tire prints.

I would assume so....but we don't really know do we? As a matter of fact...shouldn't we know who the pizza delivery person was AND also who was/were the clerk(s) working at the Tom Thumb that night, October 22, 1989. At the very least to establish a factual basis of characters involved(voluntary or involuntary as it were) with the actual scenario? I've seen mention of a Jerzak girl(daughter of Merle Jerzak) but nothing beyond that. Seems appropriate that these facts should be established before assuming LE accounted for the pizza delivery 'person'....it's unknown as far as I can tell.

According to Merle's obit, he only had one daughter.

I think I read somewhere on here that the car Kevin was driving had brand new tires, wasn't Kevin worried they would ask the tire shops who had purchased tires? A tracker could tell by wear that they were new tires ,right?

I think I read somewhere on here that the car Kevin was driving had brand new tires, wasn't Kevin worried they would ask the tire shops who had purchased tires? A tracker could tell by wear that they were new tires ,right?

I am confused. Why is it that Kevin would be worried?

After market rims and wheels. Big money!

LE has cleared Kevin. But people do not believe it.

They named DR POI, but people don't believe it.

But people believe some criminal's reports. Makes sense to me.

FBI and BCA are in a conspiracy to keep known criminals from being apprehended in this kidnapping.

Cool. Would make a great novel.

Certainly, you can do this, but where's the proof? After so many years, did K even still have the vehicle?

Certainly, you can do this, but where's the proof? After so many years, did K even still have the vehicle?

Certainly not the tires.

I think it was his gf's car?

FBI and BCA are in a conspiracy to keep known criminals from being apprehended in this kidnapping.

It was actual in Kevin's interview with Joy. read her interview with Kevin about the tires.
http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/20/the-next-day/

I also think the posters here are getting too snappy at each other. I will just hang back until the atmosphere improves.

Respectfully snipped.

I REALLY agree, and this has been happening for many posts. Actually, I see nothing more than re-hashing old news and old posts. There's nothing, except Joy's posts, that has happened since 2010.

May I suggest we all take a breather?

October came, and with it came the one-year anniversary of the abduction. On a weekday morning, our student teacher, who coincidentally had been a student at The College of Saint Benedict, stood in front of the class and told us how hard the anniversary was going to be for her. She explained that when we had seen newspaper reports about the kidnapping, citing "an unidentified source," it had been her name the newspapers could not print. She had been the last person to see Jacob Wetterling alive; she had been the worker at the convenience store the night he had disappeared.

[http://cdm.csbsju.edu/cdm/compoundobject/collection/CSBArchNews/id/1673/rec/1]

If you want answers, do research, ask the right people the right questions in the right manner, or re-hash old news and old posts, spinning your wheels in the dirt of some farmer’s driveway – the choice is yours.

Prov. 11:14

And apparently the perp used a hot air balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74