MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to all the people here who have been committed to understanding more about what happened to Jacob, what are your thoughts about how his case can be solved? How much and what kind of work do you think the FBI has already done to solve the case? For example, has the FBI noted the numerous marathons DR has participated in throughout the years and were there any unsolved abductions in those areas?

I'm no expert, but I believe that a violent sexual predator has great difficulty controlling desires. As one poster pointed out, the POI may have gone elsewhere to address that.

Question: Does anyone know if DR ever got any response at all from anyone regarding the letter he sent in 2012 asking to have his name cleared?

Who did DR associate with at St. John's/Benedicts? Did the FBI make inquiries to associates of DR's?

Assuming DR is Jacob or Josh's abductor, we can't know yet if it was sexually motivated. It may be some type of thrill, thinking he is smarter or better then his own bretheren human race. I think LE has some dirt on DR that points at the finger at him hard, but they have to find Jacob first.

So to all the people here who have been committed to understanding more about what happened to Jacob, what are your thoughts about how his case can be solved? How much and what kind of work do you think the FBI has already done to solve the case? For example, has the FBI noted the numerous marathons DR has participated in throughout the years and were there any unsolved abductions in those areas?

I'm no expert, but I believe that a violent sexual predator has great difficulty controlling desires. As one poster pointed out, the POI may have gone elsewhere to address that.

Question: Does anyone know if DR ever got any response at all from anyone regarding the letter he sent in 2012 asking to have his name cleared?

Who did DR associate with at St. John's/Benedicts? Did the FBI make inquiries to associates of DR's?

It flies in the face of logic, doesn't it.

Do people know of any other situations where the perp quit?

Hard to know that because they would not be caught then.

The question is if Jacob died and if he died accidentally.

If it was accidentally, then it would be a totally different kind of perp.

Thinking of Josh G. Is he the only one for that perp?

But we don't know anything about why he disappeared. Different than a young boy like Jacob, probably.

I still think the abbey ties in to both of them, directly or indirectly.

Well the abbey is the "common denominator." There is DR who works(ed) at St. John's -- there are the group of sex offenders residing at St. John's. Jacob is missing, Joshua is missing. Jacob disappeared from DR's driveway; Joshua from St. John's. Did DR have an accomplice and was that person a monk from St. John's?

I have Gillespie in my sights because of the visits to the Wetterlings.

Then we have the strange unexplained death of Wollmering.

I posted about the Holy Money movie.

With the huge resources of the church , I don't see anyone ever telling the truth about any if this.

I think they have their ways of justifying anything.

The hiding of the sex abuse proves it to me.

:scared: Oh My Gosh.

DR and I were both students in the Education program at St. Cloud State University in 1974-1976, DR in music like my college roomy, and me in English.

The FBI is quite professional. Certainly they have investigated all of DR's friends and associates. It appears they have found no evidence of anything immoral, or he would have been arrested.

clearing out your hard drive really is not that tough of a process tbh. I know people who use it for quality reasons don't look into it but google 2-3 different spots for drive clearing programs and you'll find a few nearly immediately. I use Dban for the sake of cleaning the entire pc before reinstalling windows twice a year, just because of how much faster the PC runs after it happens. Cutting your total files from 100k+ to 20k is a pretty solid deal.

The FBI is quite professional. Certainly they have investigated all of DR's friends and associates. It appears they have found no evidence of anything immoral, or he would have been arrested.

I am very confused sbout that. The monks of the Abbey are loaded with sex offenders. DR had a convicted sex offender as a friend on his FB;a friend from grad school.

I believe Father Gillespie was a friend.

“And two decades after she succeeded in persuading Congress to pass Jacob’s Law, [Patty Wetterling is] now asking people to take a second look to see whether laws like the one named for her son are doing more harm than good and should be curbed.”

Slate.com [8/11/14]

'Many' could be released from Minnesota Sex Offender Program, say experts

“hardly anyone ever gets out of the prison-like facility in Moose Lake — indeed, only one person has ever been granted provisional release from the program in its nearly 20-year history, even though many offenders there have already served their time in prison. Sex offenders are also treated on a seperate campus in St. Peter.”

MinnPost [7/15/14]

Prov. 11:14

Trino, this is helpful to know. The second part of my question is -- would the FBI have delved into the goings on at the abbey, even if they did not see an obvious, clear link between the abbey, DR and Jacob? In other words, how far would they go to look for potential connections?

Mind you, the abbey has an arsenal of lawyers and a great deal of power. Notice that while a handful of priests in other locales have actually been arrested and in some cases imprisoned for their crimes, to the best of my knowledge none of the monks at St. John's have ever been arrested and served time for their offenses. Please correct me if this is not true.

“And two decades after she succeeded in persuading Congress to pass Jacob’s Law, [Patty Wetterling is] now asking people to take a second look to see whether laws like the one named for her son are doing more harm than good and should be curbed.”

Slate.com [8/11/14]

'Many' could be released from Minnesota Sex Offender Program, say experts

“hardly anyone ever gets out of the prison-like facility in Moose Lake — indeed, only one person has ever been granted provisional release from the program in its nearly 20-year history, even though many offenders there have already served their time in prison. Sex offenders are also treated on a seperate campus in St. Peter.”

MinnPost [7/15/14]

Prov. 11:14

1. Interesting if true- the Slate article. So DR could have only done the one thing if that article is right.

2. As far as the offenders in Moose Lake, I know someone who worked there. Two years is the a average length staff makes it at this well paid facility.

My person could not stand listening to one more day of having the offender say why it was perfectly fine to rape w baby. This facility is filled with people that are our worst nightmares come true.

Let the lawyers have them come and live at the lawyer's house.

Just a thought.

Following the popular theory that most sexual offenders do not hunt in their immediate neighborhoods.... It you had a map of the St Cloud regional area, put a push pin in each and every spot where a child abduction or sexual assault against a child had occurred over the last 20 or so years, then using strings from each, looked for a central point of origin (think the hub and spokes on a wagon wheel), where would that "central point" be?

Just a thought.

Following the popular theory that most sexual offenders do not hunt in their immediate neighborhoods.... It you had a map of the St Cloud regional area, put a push pin in each and every spot where a child abduction or sexual assault against a child had occurred over the last 20 or so years, then using strings from each, looked for a central point of origin (think the hub and spokes on a wagon wheel), where would that "central point" be?

Good post. Would the FBI have done this? However, if according to LE, the JW case may not be connected to the others, then what?

If we knew exactly what concrete evidence LE had with regard to DR, we could make better assessments. Even so, knowing that DR has worked at St. John's/St. Benedicts since 1997 (I believe) -- it does give one pause to consider all the possibilities.

Good post. Would the FBI have done this? However, if according to LE, the JW case may not be connected to the others, then what?

It is one of many BAU tactics.

I am not sure if the BAU or an early FBI Profiler reviewed Jacobs case.

Even if multiple offenders were working the area, a pattern based on the behavior of the offenders should stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80