MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sketches are from Jared's memory of his abductor. Some sketches are from some grumpy looking guy at the Tom Thumb. There were no sketches drawn of the Jacob abductor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who are they sketches of?
It says at the bottom of the page I was talking about right under the pics.
And there is a paragraph that begins "Sketches of Jacob's abductor are posted below this case summary. The boy described the man as..."

I think one is "Jacob's abductor" and the other is the one you speak of from the other boy's memory. They don't really match as it says of Jacob and the other boy (Jared's?) description of their (separate) abductors.

It is a bit confusing, isn't it? I thought that one image was of a man lurking at the Tom Thumb store where Jacob, his brother and friend went to rent a video, and the other one was of Jared's abductor.

It is a bit confusing, isn't it? I thought that one image was of a man lurking at the Tom Thumb store where Jacob, his brother and friend went to rent a video, and the other one was of Jared's abductor.

I thought that is exactly what I said. That is what I meant anyway. :)

On a random note, a few nights ago I decided to go deep into the web in search of anything "new" or different about Jacob's case, and in the process my computer got a nasty virus. Had to take it to a computer guy, pay big $$ and get it debugged, as Norton didn't pick it up. Computer guy described the virus as being "peculiar." Frustrating. Now back to Jacob.

I believe this is correct. However, I remember reading something about three sketches being combined into one. That sketch might be the one on the right on the Charley Project site.

NMogren, you sure did say that already : ) So here's a question, do you think either sketch resembles DR? One of the sketches resembles a monk from SJU

I meant how did they get the sketches based on what the kids said about the abductors if he was wearing a mask? The mask must have come off for them to get faces. And I was mainly trying to dispute that there were sketches of the abductor. I never meant to imply the sketches were of Jacob. There's plenty of actual photos of him.

They are not sketches of Jacob.

They are sketches related to Jared.

No Jacob's abductor. NO no no no no

NMogren, you sure did say that already : ) So here's a question, do you think either sketch resembles DR? One of the sketches resembles a monk from SJU

No, I don't think either looks like DR.

I'm thinking back to the time when I first heard about Jacobs abduction. Wasn't it reported the man all dressed in black asked each boy his name and age, and then took Jacob?

I'm thinking back to the time when I first heard about Jacobs abduction. Wasn't it reported the man all dressed in black asked each boy his name and age, and then took Jacob?

I don't think he asked for their names, but he did ask for their ages.

Why The Reporter decided to omit a vehicle and only report on one.

When DR returned from work on the 23rd he met a reporter there and he began to tell her about two vehicles he had seen. This reporter for some reason only printed up one of those, I think I may know why. By this time that reporter had probably been at the site all day long, gathering the information from sources that there has been only one fresh set of tire tracks coming in and out of there. This is now the only vehicle on that driveway between the times of 915(abduction) to 9 45(LE secured scene). The only vehicle that matters to the reporter and LE at this time is kevins, which we would find 15 years later.

I believe this is correct. However, I remember reading something about three sketches being combined into one. That sketch might be the one on the right on the Charley Project site.

This is correct, the sketch on the right is a blended sketch of three sketches. The 3 "source" sketches included the man with the piercing stare seen at the Tom Thumb before the abduction, the man seen at the Tom Thumb two weeks later saying "They'll never find that boy,", and the third sketch was of a man who attempted an abduction of a New Brighton, MN boy on November 8, 1989.

Except from what I previously recall about this DR photo. This photo was misidentified and is DR's brother.

DR was 25 years younger, too, of course.

I think you are getting confused about the marathon running pic which someone said was not DR, but rather the brother. But if you read on here, you will see that the marathon picture was proved to be DR.

I have never heard that the head picture is not DR? Where is that info please?

DR said "well I will check it out down here". Fairly brave considering he had just been told Jacob was abducted by gunpoint. Did he expect to confront and handle this problem alone, really? He was already pretty scared about some police with flashlights stealing his wood? No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member