MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering about those new tires on the car of Kevin.

It was 1989 and people really did not use credit cards back then. I did not have one.

So if you bought tires it would be with check or cash.

Did people get warranties on tires back then? I do not recall.

The tires could have been purchased in the Cities somewhere, but you would think LE
would check that out.

What kind of record would be retained about those tires?

Businesses did not have computers. My hubby's business got one in the 90's. It was thousands and thousands of dollars

Great screen grab, I haven't seen that one before. Look at all those different tire tracks.

Did that driveway get bigger???

Print side by side showing direction of prints.jpg

Pink has been identified

What I was looking at was the direction of JW last print. His print is facing south, a little south/southwest and it seems the way the prints disappear roughly 3 to 4 feet from the grass would suggest he was put into a vehicle, correct?

To me, the tire track by the red arrow,

Shoe prints large.jpg

Is not the same as this one.

jacob tire track.jpg

If the second pic is of importance, we may want to possibly be looking for a 70's or 80's, hex style tread, racing type of tire. I'll see what I can find, but I'm sure you have more resources for that.

Yes, there are a lot of tire prints in it. You might wonder why....

He said there was the student who came for lessons. Then DR must have gone in and out. There maybe several days of his prints in and out. Then Kevin. Maybe that is all.

He said there was the student who came for lessons. Then DR must have gone in and out. There maybe several days of his prints in and out. Then Kevin. Maybe that is all.

DR has a lot of siblings, a few of them could have been there, it was a Sunday, that is traditionally family visit day in MN

imo - @45.4573863,-94.476947

This is the same area I had found a while back. I made maps of it and sent it to a couple posters on here. I found it by searching for churches in the area because it was stated there is a church near the abduction spot now. That building with the large parking lot on the road in is a church now. I think it happened right on the road near that big pond/quarry though, not out further in the woods. If the perp was comfortable with this spot, and used it again IF he also took Jacob, then they really need to search that quarry pond.

If the second pic is of importance, we may want to possibly be looking for a 70's or 80's, hex style tread, racing type of tire. I'll see what I can find, but I'm sure you have more resources for that.

Snipped by me for space.

I tried to match up the pattern for over two weeks, every day at lunch online, then went to a number of older tire shops and showed them to all the old tire guys.

Everyone seemed to think it was an ATV tread. I was never able to 100% confirm it.

This is the same area I had found a while back. I made maps of it and sent it to a couple posters on here. I found it by searching for churches in the area because it was stated there is a church near the abduction spot now. That building with the large parking lot on the road in is a church now. I think it happened right on the road near that big pond/quarry though, not out further in the woods. If the perp was comfortable with this spot, and used it again IF he also took Jacob, then they really need to search that quarry pond.

I question that location only because it's a mile and a half away and he said he recognized a farm light. I didn't realize that yard lights were distinguishable. At least they all look pretty much the same to me anyway.

Snipped by me for space.

I tried to match up the pattern for over two weeks, every day at lunch online, then went to a number of older tire shops and showed them to all the old tire guys.

Everyone seemed to think it was an ATV tread. I was never able to 100% confirm it.

I was thinking something geared toward this style,

Tire Tracks6.png

img9538_1_medium.jpg

I question that location only because it's a mile and a half away and he said he recognized a farm light. I didn't realize that yard lights were distinguishable. At least they all look pretty much the same to me anyway.

I think Jared said he recognized a distinctive light on a silo and that farm does have a silo. That big quarry looking spot just made me think of quarries here, for instance, the quarry that the Reker girls were found in.

Some posts have been removed. Family are considered victims. Please do not suggest family is involved unless they have been officially categorized as either a POI or a suspect by LE.

Also, let's play nice and cut the snark against other members.

Thanks !!

Please continue at Thread #16, and remember to use the ALERT feature when you spot a post which violates TOS.

DO NOT respond. If you do, you also will be subject to a suspension of your posting privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla