MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offense: CSC 1 WEAP-FEAR GBH-ACQUAINT-18 OLDER-F

Translation: Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 1st Degree, with a weapon, causing fear of great bodily harm, victim was an acqaintance, 18 years of age or older, female

Offense: CSC 1-PER INJRY FRC COER-STRANGER-13-15-F

Translation: see the Minnesota Offense Codes (MOC) for Criminal Sexual Conduct (i.e., do research)

*******​

The Daughter of Zion is waiting . . . the New (London) clock is ticking . . . while the fixated wheels in this forum keep spinning . . . and the hand still points its finger at YOU

Prov. 11:14

Attachments

• Daughter of Zion.jpg
    Daughter of Zion.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 132
Offense: CSC 1 WEAP-FEAR GBH-ACQUAINT-18 OLDER-F

Translation: Criminal Sexual Conduct in the 1st Degree, with a weapon, causing fear of great bodily harm, victim was an acqaintance, 18 years of age or older, female

Offense: CSC 1-PER INJRY FRC COER-STRANGER-13-15-F

Translation: see the Minnesota Offense Codes (MOC) for Criminal Sexual Conduct (i.e., do research)

*******​

The Daughter of Zion is waiting . . . the New (London) clock is ticking . . . while the fixated wheels in this forum keep spinning . . . and the hand still points its finger at YOU

Prov. 11:14

So the second offense was a female 13-15. I still think if they were both female that that is what he prefers, not 11 year old boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think "bottom feeders" abducted Jacob, and they did it for someone else; Maybe the Abbey....who knows. If the Abbey has their hand in this, good luck ever seeing justice, and ever finding out what happened to Jacob.

I think they're protected, and IMO, I feel there's LE that wants to investigate some of what's gone on at the Abbey, and they're possibly compromised in one way or the other.

I had a private investigator who used to work for the government tell me that men/woman in LE, or private investigation, have become broken trying to investigate cases like this.

Discussing pedophile rings, and people in high places being in these rings isn't "conspiracy thinking", it's factual. Unless more people are willing to express their outrage in large numbers (we're talking walls of people), there's going to be more abductions, just like Jacob's.

I pray that something is learned, if and when we find out what happened to Jacob, and that what is learned from this tragedy, is put to good use.

I watched the video again, and I believe DR is telling the truth. Watching very closely, and listening to DR discuss how the SCSO just asked him to confess, and Patty Wetterling doing the same, just seems disturbing to me.

There's other POIs out there they can do this with. When he said he was interrogated over and over again, I also wonder if the same has been done with other POIs. I still feel very strongly he's being used as a fall guy.

I think he's trying too hard to prove his innocence, and he needs a good strong attorney to shut him up, and fight for answers by convening a grand jury.

I watched the video again, and I believe DR is telling the truth. Watching very closely, and listening to DR discuss how the SCSO just asked him to confess, and Patty Wetterling doing the same, just seems disturbing to me.

There's other POIs out there they can do this with. When he said he was interrogated over and over again, I also wonder if the same has been done with other POIs. I still feel very strongly he's being used as a fall guy.

I think he's trying too hard to prove his innocence, and he needs a good strong attorney to shut him up, and fight for answers by convening a grand jury.

Why is he, an upstanding citizen used as a fall guy instead of the 5000 or so molesters in MN?

You have tried to deal with Ma**. Why don't you think Patty shouldn't try to deal with him?

There are quite a few incorrect things on the Hunt

There are quite a few incorrect things on the Hunt

The show was not made by LE and there was suddenly a car again. I doubt LE shared all their print evidence with anyone and the last thing they did was ruled the use of a vehicle out. The only person that said he saw a vehicle and that correlates with the time of the abduction was not involved with the show. Next, the perp stepped out from the driveway as caught by Trevors flashlight, not from the other side of the road. I'm really waiting for the real show and it's all on LE to explain the legality of DR being a POI.

The only person that said he saw a vehicle and that correlates with the time of the abduction was not involved with the show..

Is this entirely accurate? Hello. New here to Websleuths though I've been following 5-6 other cases before registering.

Reading Sasquatch's post above he has who I'm assuming DR as the only witness to vehicles at or near the abduction site. However, while reading through the forum there are reports that the boys passed cars on their way to the convenient store. Based on the timeline posted on post 332 that puts vehicles traveling towards the abduction site just 15-20 minutes prior to the actual abduction. With just so few residents back in that area, and considering the Wetterlings were gone (ruling out their vehicles) why is there not more stress put on these unaccounted for vehicles? What business did these cars (and there were multiple based on my readings) have going South on 91 between 8:30 and 8:45 PM? How many actual residential dwellings were in between where the boys saw the vehicles pass them and there correlation to how many possible homes were than beyond that point? IF it's just the Rassier farm, Wetterling household and one other than it's an easy assumption to make that someone was back where they weren't supposed to be on October 22nd, 1989.

Which way did the cars pass them and where? Do you have a link that describes where the cars were and which direction they were travelling?

It is good to have new people thinking on this. Welcome.

Which way did the cars pass them and where? Do you have a link that describes where the cars were and which direction they were travelling?

It is good to have new people thinking on this. Welcome.

Thanks for the welcome. It's nothing that hasn't been shared on this board before. User Wisdom's post #953 quotes the Star Tribune from Oct 24, 1989. There is this quote. "Trevor said several cars passed the trio on their way to the store but no vehicles passed them as they rode their bicycles back toward home."

I think this is important for a couple reasons. This puts at least two vehicles in the neighborhood just 20 minutes before the abduction. With the Wetterling vehicle gone, just how many possible residents could have been back there on 91 that could have had traffic?

Another interesting comment in that same article was, "
Just before they began running, “We saw him grab him (Jacob) by the arm,”. That's telling for the following reason. There was clearly enough light for the boys to see the perp, wearing all black, to grab Jacob and lead him away. I've read multiple times where users have referenced that it was just too dark to see anything. For them to visually see this is telling in that there was sufficient light that evening. How far were the boys away when they saw this, I don't know. I've never seen it reported.

Finally, the same article notes a neighbor heard tires "squealing" around 9pm. I will preface that I don't know who's being referenced. With that though, either this is a 3rd vehicle back there or one of the "several" cars that passed the boys on the way to the store. And why would a vehicle be accelerating hard enough to squeal at 9pm? To me that sounds like a rear wheel drive car, something of similar nature that DR described earlier in the day. Could that have been his motivation for noting about a car driving crazily that day? We all wish we knew.

I noted that all the information I pulled was from Wisdom's post #953. It describes the direction the cars passed and the squealing tires. I put the post # up because I don't want to be the newbie reposting repeated information :)

By 1989 front wheel drive 4 doors were becoming the norm, with the A-Body platform being introduced in 1981. By 1989 those cars had been on the road for 8 years across all GM models. Literally there were tens of millions of 4 door front wheel drive cars on the road by 1989. Throughout the 80's the Celebrity in a 4 door configuration was pumping out 250,000 units annually on average. Rear wheel drive cars like the Monte Carlo had been averaging around 80-90K units annually, and were near the verge of extinction in 1989. 4 door cars were outselling 2 door cars 3 to 1 in the mid 80's. Now days it's more like 10 to 1. With that being said, 4 door cars would have been closer to the norm vs 2 door cars. I can post links for all the production number data if needed.

Also, the average lifespan of a car in 1989 was roughly 60 months. I know, right? 5 years was the average life of a vehicle. That was actually up from the 70's. Today 96 months is the lifespan. I note all of this because the law of averages would have you think that a car pealing out would most likely be a rear wheel drive. Could it have been Kevin? If so, why would he be in such a hurry?

I think most cars were rear wheel drive back then except four by fours.

Which way did the cars pass? Going to the store way or going towards the cul de sac way? I mean the cars. Which direction were they going and where were they seen?

Squealing tires? Link please

Thanks for the welcome. It's nothing that hasn't been shared on this board before. User Wisdom's post #953 quotes the Star Tribune from Oct 24, 1989. There is this quote. "Trevor said several cars passed the trio on their way to the store but no vehicles passed them as they rode their bicycles back toward home."

I think this is important for a couple reasons. This puts at least two vehicles in the neighborhood just 20 minutes before the abduction. With the Wetterling vehicle gone, just how many possible residents could have been back there on 91 that could have had traffic?

Another interesting comment in that same article was, "
Just before they began running, “We saw him grab him (Jacob) by the arm,”. That's telling for the following reason. There was clearly enough light for the boys to see the perp, wearing all black, to grab Jacob and lead him away. I've read multiple times where users have referenced that it was just too dark to see anything. For them to visually see this is telling in that there was sufficient light that evening. How far were the boys away when they saw this, I don't know. I've never seen it reported.

Finally, the same article notes a neighbor heard tires "squealing" around 9pm. I will preface that I don't know who's being referenced. With that though, either this is a 3rd vehicle back there or one of the "several" cars that passed the boys on the way to the store. And why would a vehicle be accelerating hard enough to squeal at 9pm? To me that sounds like a rear wheel drive car, something of similar nature that DR described earlier in the day. Could that have been his motivation for noting about a car driving crazily that day? We all wish we knew.

Welcome to the thread StinkSprings! In the future, if you want to reference an earlier post, you can just click on the number of the post (in this case #953) and a menu comes up, then you use "copy link" and bring it back and paste it in your current post. That way everyone can follow the link without having to search for it. Hope that helps. :)

As far as the boys being able to see Jacob and the abductor in the dark... The article Wisdom quoted says: "Just before they began running, “We saw him grab him (Jacob) by the arm,” Trevor said." So they were not seeing this at a distance, but BEFORE they began running. So, when they were still right next to Jacob and the abductor. It has been reported many times it was very dark that night.

I have always been under the impression that the cars that passed the boys when they were biking TO the store were also heading North to the store, not South towards Wetterlings. The article does not say which direction the cars were traveling.

Here is the article Wisdom quoted:

Minneapolis Star Tribune
October 24, 1989
St. Joseph boy, 11, kidnapped at gunpoint
Pat Doyle, Staff Writer
[Stearns County Sheriff Charlie] Grafft said an account of the abduction provided by Jacob’s brother, Trevor, 10, is credible and authorities assume the boy has been kidnapped. Trevor said that he, Jacob, and Aaron Larson, 11, were returning on bicycles from a convenience store a mile from home where they had rented a videotaped movie. The area is about 5 miles west of St. Cloud.
They were about halfway home when a man wearing dark clothing, black boots and carrying a pistol walked out of a long gravel driveway leading to a farm.
“He had a mask; it looked like pantyhose, on his head,” Trevor said. “He told us to get off our bikes or he’d shoot. We did what he said. We laid in a ditch and he asked our ages.”
After the boys told their ages, “He looked at Aaron’s face and he told me to run to the woods as fast as I could,” Trevor said.
Said Aaron, “He told me to run, too, or else he’d shoot.”
Just before they began running, “We saw him grab him (Jacob) by the arm,” Trevor said. Several minutes later, he said, they looked around, but Jacob and the masked man were gone.
Trevor said several cars passed the trio on their way to the store but no vehicles passed them as they rode their bicycles back toward home. He said they heard rustling in the weeds along the road at one point but thought nothing unusual. Trevor and Aaron said they didn’t hear or see a vehicle, but a person who lives nearby told police he heard tires squealing at about 9 p.m.
“I have a very sick feeling there was a car and he was taken away,” Jerry Wetterling said.

DR says he saw a small dark car turn around in his driveway at about the time of the abduction. A hypnotism much later than this helped him remember seeing a girl passenger covering her face with her hands. 2 hours after seeing this he called 911 saying "they're steaing my wood". The 911 operator informs him there has been a kidnapping. He does not mention the car he saw turn around in front of his house. Without fear DR heads out into the dark with a flashlight and confronts LE. He speaks to deputy bechtold who informs DR of the kidnapping again. DR does not inform bechtold of the car he saw turn around in front of his house. Instead he says "well I'll go check it out down here and he goes from building to building on the property alone. DR then returns to his house with LE surrounding his property and goes to bed. He can't fall asleep right away and noticed LE is now down in the gravel pit, he wonders if he should go down there, but he doesn't. DR goes to bed. The next morning DR is heading out of his driveway to go to work and he lifts up the crime scene tape on the driveway, enters the crime scene, and asks for permission to drive around the tape. He does so and heads to work for the day without mentioning the vehicle he saw turn around in front of his house with a girl in the passenger seat covering her face. DR is at work for an hour or so when two investigators show up and ask him to open his trunk of his car, DR obliged. He is then questioned in the principals office for 45 minutes. Noone has seen the transcript of that questioning yet. 5 days later a warrant was issued to search his house. A second search and a seized hard drive was taken in 2004. In 2010 a third search was completed, DR is publicly named as a POI, but is under a gag order by a judge to not be told why. Items seized from the third search are awaiting verification today.

DR told investigators that someone could have tsken Jacob and buried him in their gravel pit. When DR is asked in a media interview what they may have found when they dug up the gravel pit, is just going to be animal bones and clothing. He somehow knows Jacob isn't buried there now, despite the fact that LE hasn't said what they are still testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater