MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thought I had was that possibly DR was involved with one of these pedo priests. If his parents were gone to Europe, he may have felt safe having his priest buddy over. Back in 1989 he may have been more fearful of his very religious, strict parents finding out he was fooling around with a priest than of them suspecting he had something to do with Jacob.

That would explain if DR did pass the lie detector test. He knows "he" didn't harm Jacob. But if his priest pal was out there and those boys went by... who knows? Still, I guess there wouldn't have been possible "items" in fire ashes if DR hadn't helped dispose of something.

Yes. I alluded to this earlier, as a possibility, when I asked about any guests or visitors to the farm. I guess I wasn't ready to state it in such a direct manner.

Why would an adult of his age still be living with his parents, and seemingly with no interest in a relationship? Either a) he is a pedo b) he is involved in a homosexual relationship c) he is involved in both

This has been addressed to some degree on other web pages, so we aren't the only ones who have been thinking along these lines.

What prompted authorities to search the ash pile at the farm?

Wonder if the partner (possibly a priest/monk) told authorities about what happened to Jacob?

Just asking what you think.

What prompted authorities to search the ash pile at the farm?

Wonder if the partner (possibly a priest/monk) told authorities about what happened to Jacob?

Just asking what you think.

We have been talking about this at home as we have been with this since day 1.My children were about the same age, and we went the next weekend to help with the search .

We cannot figure out what could have got this going, although I read somewhere a couple of months ago that they were switching to thinking it was a local.

Originally, it was thought that he was taken out of the state immediately.

There was a stranger at the Tom Thumb convenience store and a composite sketch of that man was made. As far as I know, no one ever came forward and said that he was that person.

I can't believe it was just "fresh eyes".

And the "fresh eyes" led to enough info for probable cause.

LE must have found something right away to name him as a POI.

I think that the church should become involved and tell him that he's on a one way ticket down if he doesn't tell all. That might work.

I wonder if DR went to St. John's prep ? Nope, it says he went to Apollo high.

saint John's Prep is conveniently located 10 minutes west of St. Cloud, Minnesota. Survey results (published December 17, 2009) conducted by The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies, rank St. Cloud as the eighth safest mid-sized city in the United States.

Saint John's Preparatory School is a Benedictine, co-educational, day and boarding college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12, with boarding options beginning in the 9th grade. Saint John's Prep is located within the 2,700 acres of woods and lakes of Saint John's University's campus in central Minnesota.

I read this most informative site posted by a sleuther here. If you haven't read the site, I urge you to look at it.

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?cat=199

I wonder if DR went to St. John's prep ? Nope, it says he went to Apollo high.

saint John's Prep is conveniently located 10 minutes west of St. Cloud, Minnesota. Survey results (published December 17, 2009) conducted by The Farmers Insurance Group of Companies, rank St. Cloud as the eighth safest mid-sized city in the United States.

Saint John's Preparatory School is a Benedictine, co-educational, day and boarding college preparatory school for students in grades 6-12, with boarding options beginning in the 9th grade. Saint John's Prep is located within the 2,700 acres of woods and lakes of Saint John's University's campus in central Minnesota.

I read this most informative site posted by a sleuther here. If you haven't read the site, I urge you to look at it.

http://www.behindthepinecurtain.com/wordpress/?cat=199

I don't know what year it went co-ed, but it used to be boys only. Very pricey school. Lot's of money involved in all of this, I would say.

Of course, then, there could be another victim who eventually went to the authorities.

I read on another site that there is a running path near the farm where Jacob disappeared and it leads to the abbey. Is this true?

Slightly OT here, but Stearns County has the highest incidence of incest in the State of Minnesota. Also a large number of pedophiles. But anyone can go to their county of residence and find out who & where the "registered" sex offenders are. It is sickening the numbers, within a mile radius there can be 20 some . . . I was shocked. Of course there a lot of slimeballs who hurt children who certainly are not REGISTERED. The sexual abuse of students by clergy at St John's has been highly publicised. Just a fraction of Stearns County however.

Yes, I read about the abuse several years ago. I was on another crime website and doing some research. I also read at that time that there was a retreat cabin where some of the children went to a camp, and they were abused there.

My view of Minnesota has now been destroyed. Garrison Keilor is going to have to add a new look at Woebegon.

That's what someone else said on another site, that it's the dark side of Lake Woebegon. I was once in a play where the story was referred to as the dark underbelly of "Our Town." Sad.

Act I. Confession.
... Patrick Wall was a special kind of monk. He was a fixer. The
Catholic church sent him to problem parishes where priests had been
removed because of scandal. His job was to come in, keep events from
going public and smooth things over until a permanent replacement priest
was found. After
covering up for pedophiles and adulterers and liars and embezzlers he
decided to make a change. Carl Marziali tells his story. (21 minutes)
See More
Enemy Camp 2010 | This American Life
www.thisamericanlife.org
Living behind enemy lines, among the enemy, it's sometimes hard to remember why you're fighting in the first place.

the search warrants were sealed to prevent the ability to do more searches.

I think this case is going to be HUGE.

BTW, for the locals, a question. My daughter-in-law is a little over 30 and is from St. Cloud. She said she never heard that St. John's was a little haven for pedo priests.

How common is that knowledge in the community?

And why don't pedo priests go to prison? What's the deal with that? No razor wire and guards with guns in guard towers for them?

Yes. I alluded to this earlier, as a possibility, when I asked about any guests or visitors to the farm. I guess I wasn't ready to state it in such a direct manner.

Why would an adult of his age still be living with his parents, and seemingly with no interest in a relationship? Either a) he is a pedo b) he is involved in a homosexual relationship c) he is involved in both

This has been addressed to some degree on other web pages, so we aren't the only ones who have been thinking along these lines.

I think you may be correct in this case. However, I just wanted to add that I think there are other reasons an adult would still live at home. I know several people who have lived with parents through adulthood, and they aren't criminal. Some people do a lot to help their parents out. (I think some secretly hope to get the home/property when their parents pass on.) I would hate for someone to feel labeled criminal or gay just because they choose to live with their parents. (if they work and contribute, that is) :)

I think you may be correct in this case. However, I just wanted to add that I think there are other reasons an adult would still live at home. I know several people who have lived with parents through adulthood, and they aren't criminal. Some people do a lot to help their parents out. (I think some secretly hope to get the home/property when their parents pass on.) I would hate for someone to feel labeled criminal or gay just because they choose to live with their parents. (if they work and contribute, that is) :)

I agree with that sentiment, but he has lived with his parents all of his life and apparently is not a farmer.

An article said that he lived in the basement.

I wonder if he had a sound-proof room so he could practice his trumpet. The article is in Death by a thousand papercuts.

the search warrants were sealed to prevent the ability to do more searches.

I think this case is going to be HUGE.

BTW, for the locals, a question. My daughter-in-law is a little over 30 and is from St. Cloud. She said she never heard that St. John's was a little haven for pedo priests.

How common is that knowledge in the community?

And why don't pedo priests go to prison? What's the deal with that? No razor wire and guards with guns in guard towers for them?

Many of them have. Many more of them are deceased.

human,
It's fairly well known in St. Cloud and surrounding area, I think. I have cousins who went to St. John's for a couple years before switching to out of state colleges and they were well aware of "overly friendly" monks and priests out there. (I've lived here since I was 7, and attended catholic schools, so maybe I'm just more aware of it. I belonged to a youth group after high school that had one of the priests as its leader that is currently on restriction out at St. John's. He was a super nice, friendly guy involved with youth, and back then it never occurred to any of us that could be a bad thing.)
It's in the local and Twin Cities news quite often, Jeff Anderson is an attorney who has represented a lot of former victims with lawsuits against St. John's University/Abbey.

http://wcco.com/crime/st.johns.priest.2.1741384.html

http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/index.php/Category:St._John’s_Abbey_General

http://www.minnpost.com/stories/201...r_accountability_campaign_on_clergy_sex_abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyVoodoo123