MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donjeta,
I suspect, someone's Match!

What IF Jacobs DNA was known to be inside one of these buildings, by the perv., so in order to make sure the DNA is never found, the building is set on fire?
It's suspected a house and car was torched in the case of missing Ocilla beauty queen Tara Grinstead, in order to cover DNA evidence.

Just look at ALL those buildings and all the places a child could be hid inside and under those buildings or on that property. I suspect all those buildings and silo's were NOT throughtly checked the day after J. went missing.

I hope LE checks all the soil where the buildings burned, just to make sure J. wasn't buried under one of the buildings.....jmo
----------------------------------------------------
My post from

07-31-2010, 12:57 PM
concentric
Registered User Join Date: Jul 2008

The ash from the burned buildings was probably in the ash pile?

chef 81
FYI I forwarded the comment and the link to the article where the comment was found to someone at the Wetterling foundation. They said they have passed it on to a Stearns Cty investigator.

Also, does anyone think it is odd that he has index cards to organize his albums? It doesn't make him a kidnapper, but it makes him appear odd.

(clipped from Kare 11 interview)
Rassier claims that is what he did the day Jacob went missing. He also says he was updating the index cards he used to organize his record collection.

"I was typing on those cards basically most of the day, if I wasn't outside running," said Rassier.

He's probably just got OCD. I was thinking he seemed rather narcissistic, feeling that if LE would just follow his clues and ideas the case would already be solved. But maybe I'm being too hard on him. maybe he's just a crime buff like us. Although I have never kept clippings and notes on any case no matter how interested i was in it. ;-)

He really needs to get a spokesperson, learn to say "no comment" or quit changing his story though. He's making himself look more guilty every time he opens his mouth. And he has another interview on KSTP tonight.

the woman has a Twin Cities cell phone. It sounds like she is a friend of the Wetterlings? Or is this some bogus post? Who gives these kind of details about an operation?

I thought maybe it was the woman who used to work at the Tom Thumb? Or there was another small store - in Avon, I think, where this older guy was also seen staring at people. It does sound like someone who knows the Wetterlings, but ITA about putting way too much info online.

Also, does anyone think it is odd that he has index cards to organize his albums? It doesn't make him a kidnapper, but it makes him appear odd.

(clipped from Kare 11 interview)
Rassier claims that is what he did the day Jacob went missing. He also says he was updating the index cards he used to organize his record collection.

"I was typing on those cards basically most of the day, if I wasn't outside running," said Rassier.

My dad used to have index cards to organize his records and videotapes and he's not odd in any way (IMO), he just had a lot of them at one time, but I can't imagine how DR managed to spend most of his day typing on those index cards if he didn't buy an awful lot of new records every day. Maybe he is an exceptionally slow typist.

ETA: Oh, never mind, without the context I first thought he meant this was something he usually did most of the day if he wasn't running but he's talking about that specific day Jacob disappeared.

Jbrown--I'm interested to know why you think the index card cataloguing of the albums was a little odd. Some of the posters thought of OCD. Was it a frenetic distraction, or a way of compartimentalizing, or what in your opinion?

OKAY, basically he changes his story and says that there is no "easy answer" to give concerning his guilt! The more he speaks the more he will implicate himself and it doesn't look good for him IMO.

In the previous interview (http://kstp.com/news/stories/s1767412.shtml?cat=1) I find it interesting that when he brought up talking to Patty Wetterling, DR says, she asked him "did you do it" and DR says; I told her many things about the case and how it was handled...etc, Notice how he didn't give a straight answer to her question like "NO".

[B]RSBM[/B]
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

The article posted there appears to be a transcript of the interview with DR which I think they're about to air.

From the article:
"Did you have anything to do with Jacob's disappearance?" asked Nelson.

"The easy answer is to say, I have absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling. I can't even believe it's being talked about 21 years ago. I've been trying to help solve the case for 21 years. My problem is I cannot prove with physical evidence and witnesses that I did not do it," said Rassier."
Up until I read this statement, my interpretation of DR's actions the night of JW's abduction was that he wasn't too concerned about it. If I recall correctly, he said in an interview years ago, he didn't want to waste time and he went back to sleep that night. Where did I miss the part about DR "helping" to solve the case?

It seems he is now offering lots of information we haven't heard before. But in all fairness to him, we don't know what he said in his statements to police.

Random thoughts about this video: http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875911&catid=391

Why does he say "I keep myself very busy and on task too much of the time"? What does he think he should be doing instead?

He says he heard his dog barking and panicked because he didn't know what was going on and called 911. Then the lady told him that there has been a kidnapped child and he went Oh. I thought that was a surprising comment because I didn't exactly picture a person who panics when he hears a dog barking based on the earlier story about him going to bed unruffled when there is a search for a missing child going on in his yard.

He says that he did search his outbuildings and didn't go to bed straight away and now regrets that he didn't do more searching.

He says the investigators searched his car the next day and laughs a bit when he talks about realizing he may not be a witness. Were the boxes still in the car or had he ditched them?

I am dying to know what the difficult answer is (regarding did he have anything to do with Jacob's disappearance). The easy answer is that he did not and he's helping in every way that he can.

This quote baffles me because I'm not sure what Halloween jokes have to do with Patty Wetterling. JMO but making jokes about Halloween pranks would be about the last thing in my mind if I was talking with a grieving mother of a child that has been missing for two decades.

Dan Rassier talks about his face to face conversation with Jacob's mother Patty Wetterling.

"She wanted to have really direct answers eye to eye with me. As you know about me, I like to joke around and was it a prank that went bad, close to Halloween? And, I assured her, no. I think she asked that a number of times. 'Did you do it?' and the answer is, no. No. No."

He keeps changing his story. In 2004 he wasn't interested and "didn't want to waste time".
In an article posted on here (I cant find it) DR told a reporter that he "saw some things" during that day and night (later hinting it involved people/cars) but he didn't want to talk about it. Now what he says he saw that night was the search team in his yard, no mention of anything suspicious like people/cars... etc. Also he said he helped in the search when he stated in 2004 that he just wanted to get sleep and not waste time. Also he says he made a call to 911 inquiring about the search team in his yard, I wonder if LE can confirm this.

The comment about six more years of misery for the family was something I didn't understand either. What exactly happened six years ago that could have saved the family six years of misery if things had been otherwise?

The comment about six more years of misery for the family was something I didn't understand either. What exactly happened six years ago that could have saved the family six years of misery if things had been otherwise?

6 years ago LE found out that there was no car involved, making the perp on foot & local so LE started to concentrate on him as the likely perp. I find it odd that DR says he has been harassed for 21 years now, I don't get it, LE and everyone else thought the perp got away in a car up until 6 years ago.

"The easy answer is to say, I have absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling. I can't even believe it's being talked about 21 years ago."

I think he meant to say 21 years LATER. Still what a strange thing to say...

I just hope he keeps on talking because he will eventually talk his way into a prison cell IMO.

This quote baffles me because I'm not sure what Halloween jokes have to do with Patty Wetterling. JMO but making jokes about Halloween pranks would be about the last thing in my mind if I was talking with a grieving mother of a child that has been missing for two decades.

I think it was Patty who initiated the question to DR about whether it could have been a prank gone wrong. Why would she think that or pose that question? I don't get it.

I think it was Patty who initiated the question to DR about whether it could have been a prank gone wrong. Why would she think that or pose that question? I don't get it.

He says "As you know about me, I like to joke around". Does he have a reputation for questionable and dangerous practical jokes?

In the previous interview (http://kstp.com/news/stories/s1767412.shtml?cat=1) I find it interesting that when he brought up talking to Patty Wetterling, DR says, she asked him "did you do it" and DR says; I told her many things about the case and how it was handled...etc, Notice how he didn't give a straight answer to her question like "NO".

Apparently in an interview tonight with the same reporter as last night... he will be discussing his meeting with Patty... I noticed a sentence about it on the site last night. Now being out here, I won't see the actual interview until the day after when they post a stream online, but I do hope they'll give a written article outlining key points as they did yesterday!

Concentric,
I think originally Trevor or Aaron said that they thought the kidnapping was someone playing a joke, possibly because they have never been involved in anything so serious before. Maybe they had only experienced it in playing role play cops and robbers type stuff. Maybe they stopped thinking it was a joke after they saw the "flash" of the gun. DR doesn't seem like a practical joker to me, but first impressions don't mean much sometimes.

Mentioning that he was labeling records in a TV interview about what he was doing the night of a major kidnapping seems to me like he is trying to prove that he is telling the truth about one small part of the day, trying to show that he is being honest about one odd piece of information, but distracting us from the major parts of his alibi story which keep changing. I think if I was innocent, I would state exactly what I was doing each minute of the time in question. (ex: 9pm, brushing my teeth, 9:05 changing, 9:10pm reading a book, etc.) The half an hour or hour of the disappearance time should not have given him much time to do all the different things he was saying he did. And he isn't giving us specific times of what he was doing when- just general info. It was such a major event, his senses should have been heightened- he wrote about it in a journal and kept a clipping- he should be able to account for every minute, he should account for who came to his door and at what time. His stories just aren't making complete sense to me and isn't helping to clear his name (if that is his purpose).

He says "As you know about me, I like to joke around". Does he have a reputation for questionable and dangerous practical jokes?

Patty and Jerry have both said previously that they know the Rassier parents to say Hi to, but they have never known Dan. So why would he think Patty knows he likes to pull pranks anyway? I wonder if Aaron or Trevor maybe told their parents about some other time (before Jacob's kidnapping) that DR had pulled a prank on them, or tried to scare them.

Maybe Patty was trying to give DR a way out? "You didn't mean to do this".

I am curious about the Catholic faith. If someone confesses to a priest that he committed a crime like this, is the person absolved by the priest?

Also, with all of these sex offender priests, are they considered to be OK in the eyes of God because they confessed to their sins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa