MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question I have: Do you think that some policing agency like Interpol did find out what happened to Jacob? If so, do you think that the Wetterlings know? Maybe they are not informing the public because they don't want to reveal their operations.

Here's a question I have: Do you think that some policing agency like Interpol did find out what happened to Jacob? If so, do you think that the Wetterlings know? Maybe they are not informing the public because they don't want to reveal their operations.
I am sure that there is information from various agencies and the Wetterlings, that is not being released due to the ongoing investigations they are pursuing. But I think if the case was solved, we would be informed.
Do you have some information that makes you think that Interpol has info about Jacob?
Also, I think I am making progress on the Diane lead.

I am sure that there is information from various agencies and the Wetterlings, that is not being released due to the ongoing investigations they are pursuing. But I think if the case was solved, we would be informed.
Do you have some information that makes you think that Interpol has info about Jacob?
Also, I think I am making progress on the Diane lead.

STS: I don't know if you've seen this, but local posters commenting on those Bahner tapes here under this article. (from Oct.) According to the one poster there were two cops present during the interview and the interviewer was wearing a body wire. (Which makes no sense, if cops are present, why would you need a body wire?) But thought the comments were interesting anyway.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20091023/NEWS01/110220065/-1/wetterling

"Just to be clear, 2 of those interviews were conducted with 2 police officers in the home taping the interview. The interviewer was wearing a body wire. . These 2 police officers were told to stay out of it by Stearn's County. Now, keep in mind, the probability of truth in these recordings is quite high. All this information was given to the sherriff's department and there are signed receipts from the Sherriff''s department. This has also been broadcast on Channel 9 news several times over the years, wheras they did their own investigation.

wow...
and thank you for posting the original blog...I think this should be looked in to further..JMO of course." (snipped from comments, more at link)

You may want to check under last name Cerbin, STS. There is a "Diane Muehlbauer Cerbin" on facebook.

Wetterlings may know some info we are not privy to, but I'm sure the case hasn't been solved. When interviewed this past summer while they were digging at DR's, Patty didn't know anymore than what had been reported in local media. I don't think they'd still be looking for Jacob if they knew what happened to him. (JMO)

You may want to check under last name Cerbin, STS. There is a "DMC" on facebook.
I can't so far verify that she was ever a bail bondsman, but her license was expired in 2009 based on the posts- and the current list is for 2011. I will keep trying to verify that. I have found two with the name DM in MN so far. One is in Stearns, the other is in the Metro. I have to make sure which one is the right one. Who knows if she would even talk to me, but it is worth a try.
It would be good to get some answers.

It is my feeling at this point, that a number of individuals were involved in the abduction and subsequent disappearance of Jacob. The masked man at the abduction scene may have been only one of the perpetrators involved in a series of exchanges that took place.

JMO

Minnesota is very close to the Canadian border (see: Johnny Gosch case) JMO

It may be that he was abducted and ended up in a pedophile ring. In that case we may never know the story. Or maybe he was abducted by someone from outside the community- like Jaycee Dugard or Shawn Hornbeck. In that case he may be found someday. But until all the possible local suspects are eliminated from suspicion, I don't think that we can speculate. It makes so much more sense that someone local was involved, at the very least.

STS: I don't know if you've seen this, but local posters commenting on those Bahner tapes here under this article. (from Oct.) According to the one poster there were two cops present during the interview and the interviewer was wearing a body wire. (Which makes no sense, if cops are present, why would you need a body wire?) But thought the comments were interesting anyway.

"Just to be clear, 2 of those interviews were conducted with 2 police officers in the home taping the interview. The interviewer was wearing a body wire. . These 2 police officers were told to stay out of it by Stearn's County. Now, keep in mind, the probability of truth in these recordings is quite high. All this information was given to the sherriff's department and there are signed receipts from the Sherriff''s department. This has also been broadcast on Channel 9 news several times over the years, wheras they did their own investigation.

wow...
and thank you for posting the original blog...I think this should be looked in to further..JMO of course." (snipped from comments, more at link)

This link didn't work. Can you post it or send it again. I would like to check it out. If there were cops there too, than something is definitely up with these tapes.

This link didn't work. Can you post it or send it again. I would like to check it out. If there were cops there too, than something is definitely up with these tapes.

Here is the article from above link. It was just talking about tips received. The interesting stuff was in the comments under the article and I have copied those below. There is a blog mentioned where these videos where originally posted, I'm going to see if I can find that.
Article:
Wetterling coverage produces 30 tips for authorities
BY KARI PETRIE • KPETRIE@STCLOUDTIMES.COM • OCTOBER 23, 2009
Investigators have received 30 tips this week about the 1989 abduction of Jacob Wetterling, spurred by news coverage of the 20th anniversary of the case. The tips have come in since Sunday to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office.

Thursday marked 20 years since 11-year-old Wetterling was taken by a masked gunman on a rural road in St. Joseph Township. He has not been seen nor heard from since.

Capt. Pam Jensen, who is one of the case’s lead investigators, said she got more tips than she anticipated. She got up to eight on Thursday alone.

“That’s what I’ve been doing all day,” she said.

Many of the tips are reported sightings of Wetterling.

Tipsters have identified Wetterling as being everyone from the guy next door to a professional football player to a movie star.

While some of the tips may be far-fetched, Jensen said she’s happy to get them. She encourages people to keep calling with any information they feel might be helpful in the investigation.

“Let us be the judges,” she said.

Where to call with Wetterling tips

Anyone with information about the abduction can call the sheriff’s office at 251-4240 or Crime Stoppers at 255-1301.

Here are the comments. I rearranged the order of them so you can read them as they were posted. I'm wondering if this person who posts as "myrts1" here is actually the stearn truth person who posted those videos on you tube, since it looks as if she's signing her comment that way. Hopefully not just trying to get hits on his/her videos. (I left off other posters names and just put their comments.)

Myrts1 wrote:
There was a blog posted the other day with a like to a recorded interview...I am sure it has all been followed up on, but I dont ever recall hearing this info, to me, sounds like something COULD be there...to me...

stearntruth

Myrts1 wrote:
I see the html still is not working....there are 4 audios.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stearntruth&search_type=&aq=f

Makes me sick to my stomach to hear that. I hope Stearns Cty comes on here and listens to those and follows up on them. I would love the family and community to have closure.
10/23/2009 7:01:04 AM
I pray they find this young man. The family needs closure. Pray he is alive and will one day walk up to his home and join his family once again. I cannot imagine the pain and hope I never have to go through something like this with a member of my family. Now days we never know, do we.
10/23/2009 11:35:27 AM
10/23/2009 1:04:11 PM

Are we certain these "interviews" are actual and factual interviews?

How are we to be certain that these "interviews" were actually sent to law enforcement and disregarded? Can't it be that if in fact these "interviews" were considered, but were found to be of no credible value?

I am not saying these "interviews" are fake, I am just saying how do we know that they are real and for a fact, not followed up on?

Who did the "interviewing"?

again, I am not saying it is the case here, I am just saying that if a person wanted to fake an interview like this, it wouldn't be very hard to do it.

If these are factual interviews, then I too, would ask why no follow up.

ontherunjoe wrote:
Just to be clear, 2 of those interviews were conducted with 2 police officers in the home taping the interview. The interviewer was wearing a body wire. . These 2 police officers were told to stay out of it by Stearn's County. Now, keep in mind, the probability of truth in these recordings is quite high. All this information was given to the sherriff's department and there are signed receipts from the Sherriff''s department. This has also been broadcast on Channel 9 news several times over the years, wheras they did their own investigation.

Someone out there knows something that would bring out the truth, isn’t there some way to offer the people or person responsible some kind of amnesty, please give this family some peace and closer one way or the other, it’s the right thing to do, if it’s the one right thing you do with the rest of your life, just do it and come forward, please.
10/23/2009 11:57:10 PM

I just listened to DM's interview with Vernon Seitz. (2 videos linked below) The first one mentions police were aware of the interviews. But they also said Wisconsin cops weren't interested in the video tapes they found at Seitz's home. I wonder why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Uf4bdIiWI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYM8qTHOsI

What I thought interesting about the tapes, is how Vern Seitz seems to know Lou, and has some insight into why he did it. How would he know this man?
Does Vern Seitz have ties to MN? Anyone?

I was looking into the Johnny Gosch case to see any connection. One of the pictures allegedly of Johnny tied up on a bed has a clothing bag from "Camp Caribou" in the background. Camp Caribou is a Catholic boys camp in Ontario Canada which was once run by Marcel Maciel- a famous, high up Mexican priest who founded Legionaire of Christ and Regnum Christi movement. He was found guilty of raping underage males. Maciel was never restricted. He also had a drug problem.

I have not found a factual link with Maciel and Camp Caribou yet. But it is reported that Maciel bribed high up people in the Catholic church. He was successful in fund raising (of course) and recruiting priests, so he was allowed to work until close to his death in 2008. Money, power and influence.

What I thought interesting about the tapes, is how Vern Seitz seems to know Lou, and has some insight into why he did it. How would he know this man?
Does Vern Seitz have ties to MN? Anyone?

From what I've read, Vern Seitz came to MN twice to visit the Wetterlings and "help" them find Jacob. Patty described him as a quiet man. I don't know if he had any other relatives here, but it's entirely possible seeing as Wisconsin is a neighboring state. It bothered me that Seitz offered "any amount of money" to buy the Bahner tapes "from Jerry Wetterling." It said Jerry refused, but I wouldn't have thought Jerry would have even had those tapes. Wouldn't they either be with Diane M., or in the hands of the FBI? And why would Seitz even want those crackly hard to hear tapes? (Unless he was just a nut case who collected murder memorabilia.)

K
I did find that the camp caribou is affiliated with Regnum Christi which Maciel founded. One of Maciel's associates, Father Burresi, was found by Catholic investigators to have kidnapped children for sexual purposes:

"The fact is that the Vatican put under investigation both Fr. Burresi and the superiors of the Oblates, appointing as inspector Marcel Gendrot, a member of the Company of Mary. After an investigation lasting two months, Gendrot concluded in favor of Fr. Burresi's return to San Vittorino, and wrote a note reprimanding the superiors of the order.

The superiors then appealed to pope John Paul II. Their appeal, dated November 22, 1988, fills three pages. It lists the accusations: consummated homosexual acts with numerous young men, kidnapping for sexual purposes, violation of the seal of the sacrament of confession. It rebukes the inspector, Gendrot, for covering up the investigation. It asks the pope to take the responsibility for the case away from Hamer and Fagiolo, and to give it instead to the prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith at that time, Joseph Ratzinger, or to a special commission."

http://chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it/articolo/37078?eng=y

I was looking into the Johnny Gosch case to see any connection. One of the pictures allegedly of Johnny tied up on a bed has a clothing bag from "Camp Caribou" in the background. Camp Caribou is a Catholic boys camp in Ontario Canada which was once run by Marcel Maciel- a famous, high up Mexican priest who founded Legionaire of Christ and Regnum Christi movement. He was found guilty of raping underage males. Maciel was never restricted. He also had a drug problem.

Was the camp caribou bag seen in the background of the photo you're talking about ever linked specifically to the camp you've mentioned in Ontario? I ask because Camp Caribou was ALSO a children's show that aired in Ontario during the 80's... it was not overly popular or well known, but I definitely remember it, and the awful theme song! I had at one point wondered whether that bag in the background of the photo you mention might have belonged to the set of the TV show -- but reading your info on the background of the Mexican Priest sure makes me think harder on the matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998