MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that they were at college together at some stage. Not that that means all that much either - plenty of people who are at school/college together lose contact altogether when they graduate, then look each other up on fb years and years later. DR may have not known about his former college friend's dark side until he read it here, and then dumped him off his friends list in disgust.

I haven't looked, but according to midwestphd, he is gone off fb and his comments have been removed from DR's page.

That's well before the kid came forward, a few years before in fact. That's pretty jaw dropping, what happened in late 1988 to make them suspend him from teaching on Nov 23rd 1988, and prompt him to resign from band duties on Dec 16th 1988?

Could it have been something that would make him nervous about doing anything too close to his own doorstep from late 1988 onwards?

Jared was abducted in January 1989.

Also, can we guess he might have been unemployed with a lot of time on his hands at that point?

With no job, he'd be free to travel without anyone really wondering where he is or what he's doing. I wonder if he started working again in Fall '89.

It keeps getting weirder.

He was teaching somewhere in 1990. Sure wonder what 1988 was about.

Deseret News, Sept 9, 1991...North Davis Junior High School, Clearfield, Utah states he started teaching there in Fall 1990 then was suspended after officials learned of charges against him in Nevada.

Looks like he's moved around.

What Is a Domestic BCA Corporation?

Answer

Domestic BCA Corporation refers to a form of legal relationship between two individual livings as domestic partners but not enjoined by marriage. BCA stands for Berkeley Citizens Action, an advocacy group that fought for a domestic partners policy in the Berkeley region in California US.

http://www.ask.com/question/what-is-a-domestic-bca-corporation

Jbrown, interesting. What do you make of it?

Here's a Palo Verde Valley Times letter to the editor from a student defending Houtz. This is before he resigns in December 1988.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=3753,6032488&dq=larry+houtz&hl=en

Wonder if we could track down some U of Illinois yearbooks, although I'm not sure how much they would detail grad student activities. There should be stuff on the band though.

Jbrown, interesting. What do you make of it?

Here's a Palo Verde Valley Times letter to the editor from a student defending Houtz. This is before he resigns in December 1988.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAAIBAJ&pg=3753,6032488&dq=larry+houtz&hl=en

Wonder if we could track down some U of Illinois yearbooks, although I'm not sure how much they would detail grad student activities. There should be stuff on the band though.

Personal and private problems?

Let go just in time for Jared

I have looked on mugshot and never been adked any questions.

Now I am so wondering what???

TWish we could find more info on his connection to DR. It stands to reason that they might have been friends--similar interests, similar social "awkwardness," you might say. Both seem involved with church activities.

I think it's pretty safe to say they were friends. DR's FB page clearly showed an exchange of comments, and they both attended U of Illinois in the music program.

Jared's abductor did not wear a mask.

No, and I didn't mean to suggest that he did. His height, approx weight, and build were identical.

You may want to create a "junk" email - like at yahoo or gmail with a nickname, just in case it's a spammy site, so your real name is not out there for some of those sites to see. It would be interesting to see what they have though.

well, shergal...it's sort of like checking out the abduction site at 9 pm in the Fall....not sure if I want to fall on the sword or not. You have a good idea though because alot of info may be gathered.

1. Jared's perp: why would he not wear a mask? He threatened to kill Jared if they ever found out who he was. He had a police scanner. To my eyes, Meemken's picture looks the closest to the sketch.
2. Paynesville 1987 perp: stocky build, wore black, wore a mask. This seems consistent with Aaron + Trevor's description of Jacob's abductor. In Merle's 911 call, Trevor said the mask looked like nylon with something dangling in the back and I've read that Aaron had become extremely agitated later when a neighbor kid happened to look in the window wearing a ski mask(probably winter time) so maybe both were used.
3. Of all of these cases....why is Jacob the only victim to vanish?

3. Of all of these cases....why is Jacob the only victim to vanish?

This is what is so hard for me to accept. Not only for Jacob but for all missing children/persons. People don't just disappear into thin air. They are out there. Why can't we find them?

This is what is so hard for me to accept. Not only for Jacob but for all missing children/persons. People don't just disappear into thin air. They are out there. Why can't we find them?

Because he knew his abductor and he couldn't be let go. It was his neighbor and a well known local. I'm not sure, but I don't think most pedos are murderers too- I think in this case the perp saw no other way.

The authorities know a whole lot more than we ever will here- which is why they keep spending the time and money to search the Rassier's farm. Because they know Jacob is there somewhere.

Human, I can assume what went on- priests have been molesting kids from the Catholic Church for hundreds of years. Molesters see that people they know are getting away with it because they are priests. Who is going to arrest a priest? They get a job, a place to live and a salary and unending source of children. The small towns are a little more religious than larger towns. The boys who get molested do not receive adequate counseling and become abusers themselves and do it to their kids and kids around them. And the cycle goes on and on. It's not pleasant. It affects the rest of the victim's life. Many commit suicide or get addicted to drugs because they can't see how a parent or a priest (or teacher, uncle, etc) can betray their trust. They can't trust anyone. It's all consuming.

This still doesn't bring us closer to who took Jacob though. I can't believe someone can be so non-chalant about a child's innocence and life.

Because he knew his abductor and he couldn't be let go. It was his neighbor and a well known local. I'm not sure, but I don't think most pedos are murderers too- I think in this case the perp saw no other way.

The authorities know a whole lot more than we ever will here- which is why they keep spending the time and money to search the Rassier's farm. Because they know Jacob is there somewhere.

I was sort of just making a general comment, but regarding Jacob, I'm not convinced of the DR theory, yet. LE doesn't have anything solid (even though I'm aware that they don't have to provide any info that they might have to the public) and there is nothing to suggest that this was a murder (even if the likelihood is high). Local or not, I still think a vehicle may have been involved. Jacob's footprint dug into the dirt, suggesting a struggle, and then nothing. The dogs picked up his scent and then nothing. One or more vehicles in the Rassier driveway destroying whatever other footprints or tire tracks that might have been there. There's just not much to go on.

I was sort of just making a general comment, but regarding Jacob, I'm not convinced of the DR theory, yet. LE doesn't have anything solid (even though I'm aware that they don't have to provide any info that they might have to the public) and there is nothing to suggest that this was a murder (even if the likelihood is high). Local or not, I still think a vehicle may have been involved. Jacob's footprint dug into the dirt, suggesting a struggle, and then nothing. The dogs picked up his scent and then nothing. One or more vehicles in the Rassier driveway destroying whatever other footprints or tire tracks that might have been there. There's just not much to go on.

For us. But LE has literally tons of info

I think he was picked up and carried to the house. DR was strong- athletic. I'm sure he said something along the lines of be still or I will shoot you.

How do you know LE doesn't have anything solid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa