MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The characteristics of Dan Rassier’s voice are a matter of public record, captured in various recorded interviews as recently as 2013. Listen for yourself. He has been described as “soft spoken” and ”well liked by the kids” in the Rocori school district. There are no public descriptions of him having a “commanding presence” by students or by anyone else.

The fixation in this forum on Dan Rassier is simply the result of frustration at not having any resolution in the Jacob Wetterling case, and disinclination or inability to undertake actual research by most people who post here. The few occasions in which someone has undertaken true research in this forum have almost always resulted in identification of men other than Dan Rassier as potential, if not downright realistic, suspects. But true research is time-consuming and takes effort, and it is not long before this forum returns its focus primarily to Dan Rassier.

There are several men who have abducted and sexually assaulted boys in Minnesota before and after October, 1989, but this forum makes no mention of them. Why?

Get off of Dan Rassier and get on to the task of performing real research if you truly care about explaining the Jacob Wetterling abduction.

Ok, fair enough. But then why won't you share some of these names and information with others so we can help check them out? Lot's of us bounce ideas off each other "offline" and come up with more info than we had before. I myself, have come up with names and other info but I won't post it if I can't find it in a solidly reliable news media source or corroborate the info with a 2nd source. If you're not willing to share info that you've come up with I don't see how it's helping the cause?

If you look at post 1095 in the last thread (picture of detective spraying prints) and you change the contrast, it almost looks like there is a trail of prints going behind him, and looking at the top view Google pictures some of you have posted, would that not take them towards a driveway? Little hard to get my bearing without being on site.

No there is not another driveway there, just a grassy area and woods to the north, and a field to the south (behind the detective in the photo). See attached picture. I believe Jacob's prints ended at about where the power pole is.

Attachments

• IMAG0187.jpg
    IMAG0187.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 104
If you look at post 1095 in the last thread (picture of detective spraying prints) and you change the contrast, it almost looks like there is a trail of prints going behind him, and looking at the top view Google pictures some of you have posted, would that not take them towards a driveway? Little hard to get my bearing without being on site.

I was under the impression that the detective was already in DR's driveway spraying those prints. The Rassier driveway was dirt, and I think the road (16th Ave.?) was paved. (I realize the type on that photo says the detective was in the road were Jacob was biking, but IMO, he's already in the driveway. Does anyone else know for sure?

Yes, it was paved. See lower right picture of paved road with crime scene tape still up.

dirtroad.jpg

In the lower right picture. What is the narrow dirt road the tape is on?

What is the wide dirt road directly across?

Is the police car in one picture on the narrow dirt road?

In the lower right picture. What is the narrow dirt road the tape is on?

What is the wide dirt road directly across?

Is the police car in one picture on the narrow dirt road?

That is a driveway into a field, to the best of my knowledge. The pic was taken from the street looking southwest. I believe the driveway is directly across from DR's driveway, and that would be his family's mailbox in the picture.

Am I correct in saying that the ditch on the right in the bottom two pictures is where the boys got off their bikes (looks like their is a bike in the bottom left picture) and then Jacob was taken across the street and at least partway up DR's driveway? I'm not sure if this matters (other than giving a better idea of how long it might take the boys to get back to the house, although the 911 call gives us an idea already), but which direction were the woods that the boys were told to run to? Was this already in the direction of the Wetterling home?

Yes the dirt looking road the police car is parked on is a short little field drive directly across from DR's driveway. Dr's driveway is the gravel looking road in the picture. DR'S mailbox is also in the pic and it's directly to the right of the field drive where the bikes / scooter were found behind that in the ditch. On Joy's blog there are a few good aerial pics that show some woods almost directly behind the mailbox but to the right a little and those are the woods I've always believed he told the kids to run to. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about DR bringing up the fact that he remembered stopping at the mailbox that night which seemed like an odd thing to remember. Paragraph below is copy & pasted from Joy's blog to prove that. Among all the other on the defense things DR did he also placed himself directly at the abduction spot probably to complicate things even farther for investigators.

"After running through the Del-Win parking lot and taking note of the Polka Fest, now in full swing, Dan cuts back over to 91st Avenue and heads toward home. He remembers stopping at the farm mailbox and picking up the paper, then continuing down the driveway toward his house. Nothing is out of the ordinary. It’s a beautiful day"

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about DR bringing up the fact that he remembered stopping at the mailbox that night which seemed like an odd thing to remember. Paragraph below is copy & pasted from Joy's blog to prove that. Among all the other on the defense things DR did he also placed himself directly at the abduction spot probably to complicate things even farther for investigators.

"After running through the Del-Win parking lot and taking note of the Polka Fest, now in full swing, Dan cuts back over to 91st Avenue and heads toward home. He remembers stopping at the farm mailbox and picking up the paper, then continuing down the driveway toward his house. Nothing is out of the ordinary. It’s a beautiful day"

This makes me think he did this earlier in the day, otherwise, he would have stated, "it's a beautiful night." Unless this isn't a direct quote. Are these Joy's words or DR's words? However, it isn't at all odd to me that he would put himself at the site of the abduction. It's right at his mailbox. He probably gets his mail almost daily like most people. For him to be anywhere on his property or near the mailbox does not raise any red flags for me, as it is his property. Again, JMO.

DR stopping by the mailbox doesn't raise any flags for anyone..it's thinking much deeper than that... because after all these years and everything that's happened it was just funny how that was one of the things he remembered about the day is all.

People are wondering, as well as I am, , " Could a grown man be so stupid as to do an abduction in his own driveway?"

This has nothing to do with this case, I think. It is another priest from MN, but he did not serve in that area that I know of.

He was busted for having *advertiser censored* on his computer, but now they are looking at him for child *advertiser censored*.

2 things. The church cover up and the most important. The priest gave his computer to a rummage sale and that is how the images were found.

How stupid is that?????? So how stupid are pervs? You decide

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...sored*-case-involving-minn-priest-archdiocese

Exactly Human,

Tons of perps have commited these types of crimes simply out of convenience and we all know this abduction wasn't planned due to all the circumstances so it doesn't surprise me at all if someone did it on their own driveway.

My mind has been on tire tracks a little bit lately because of Tracker's good intel. I'm wondering if part of the information that LE has that we don't know about is simply that they know that the cars that were placed in his driveway by DR that day were not there due to lack of prints. We know DR has placed a few vehicles on his driveway that day and we know about Kevin. Maybe they ruled out the prints from the saxaphone lesson DR gave earlier that day and since they were able to rule out Kevin so quickly...maybe there were no other prints on the driveway since it sounds like DR didn't drive anywhere that day..which could be why they eliminated the car theory so fast? They must have him caught up in some lies among other things which is why they name him a POI. I couldn't find any info about the student being dropped off for the lesson that day vs riding his bike...but given the location I'm guessing he was dropped off for the lesson and I'm not sure where the boy was from? So those tire prints Tracker identified could be from the parents of the boy? Maybe they were driving an older 60's type vehicle and LE knows that?

Attached is a picture showing why I think the tire was bias ply.

The tire on the left is a bias ply with a high rib pattern.

The tire on the right is a radial with bias belts.

Look at the rounded edges of the radial and then the high rib of the bias ply.

Now look at the picture I posted with the arrows in it.

Attachments

• sn_1107_smn_wtc_01.jpg
    sn_1107_smn_wtc_01.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 33
Exactly Human,
<snip for space>We know DR has placed a few vehicles on his driveway that day and we know about Kevin.<snip for space>

RBBM and RSBM

Why would he have placed "a few vehicles on his driveway"? Are you saying he went and pulled out a number of vehicles from where ever they are stored and parked them on the driveway the day of the search?

In the picture of the intersection with the yellow tape in a V.

Are the prints in the area taped off? Were prints found in DR's driveway?

Tracker, what Wisdom means by placing is that DR said that several cars went down his driveway that day, but perhaps the tire track evidence does not support that

In the picture of the intersection with the yellow tape in a V.

Are the prints in the area taped off? Were prints found in DR's driveway?

Yes, those prints and tire tracks you have been studying were found in DR's driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal