MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you google the images associated with Dan Rassier, NONE show that he is a pack rat. His farm is also abnormally well organized. Where is the junk area where he parks their rusted-out old vehicles and old farm equipment like many farmers? The junk area doesn't exist because Dan Rassier isn't a pack rat.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dan...s%2Fwetterling-suspect-dan-rassier%2F;400;332

He kept a box of newspaper clippings about Jacob's abduction and journaled about Jacob as legal souvenirs of the crime.

I remember one of my earliest posts in this thread, I tried to find it just now but cannot. Anyhow, in that post I asked a question, and the question more or less was, who knew that the Rassier's were gone and could have been stalking their home knowing Dan was there alone?

Well I thought about his again today and realized the answer was pretty simple. The Rassiers likely did not travel to Germany alone, they probably went with other people. So the answer to my question is, the people that went with the Rassiers to Germany knew the Rassiers would be gone, and so would their kids, other family members, etc.

Like most other questions in this case, an answer leads to more questions. So, who would have traveled with the Rassiers to Germany?

I remember one of my earliest posts in this thread, I tried to find it just now but cannot. Anyhow, in that post I asked a question, and the question more or less was, who knew that the Rassier's were gone and could have been stalking their home knowing Dan was there alone?

Well I thought about his again today and realized the answer was pretty simple. The Rassiers likely did not travel to Germany alone, they probably went with other people. So the answer to my question is, the people that went with the Rassiers to Germany knew the Rassiers would be gone, and so would their kids, other family members, etc.

Like most other questions in this case, an answer leads to more questions. So, who would have traveled with the Rassiers to Germany?
Why would anyone stalk the Rassier's home? This is a simple farming family. Their assets are in their land. They don't wear gawdy diamonds, drive expensive sports cars, or flash wads of money. They weren't known for growing pot or selling drugs. Their home wasn't filled with lovely young ladies which would attract peeping toms.

5”10” 195 lbs is the description of the sicko.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Dan Rassier officially weighs between 185-199
http://www.onlineraceresults.com/race/view_plain_text.php?race_id=1232

Using my 5'11" dh standing near the stool of my upright piano and comparing it to Dan in this photo, Dan is 5'10" or 5'11".
http://www.immelman.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Rassier-Dan.jpg

Dan Rassier is the same height and weight of the sicko who abducted Jacob.

Reading through this thread of DR's actions the next morning of the kidnapping it seemed like he didn't care and didn't want to be bothered on his way to work. Something I thought was odd for someone involved with teaching. However, he's maintained a scrap book.

Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5”10” 195 lbs is the description of the sicko.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Dan Rassier officially weighs between 185-199
http://www.onlineraceresults.com/race/view_plain_text.php?race_id=1232

Using my 5'11" dh standing near the stool of my upright piano and comparing it to Dan in this photo, Dan is 5'10" or 5'11".
http://www.immelman.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Rassier-Dan.jpg

Dan Rassier is the same height and weight of the sicko who abducted Jacob.
Maybe. I applaud you for finding DR's weight(and possibly height)...I looked in racing info and could not find it and asked about this long ago. As for his height, it appears you may be correct based upon your attached picture- but upright pianos can vary in height(not the keyboard height) and a person in the foreground will appear taller than something in the background based upon perspective but it could work in your favor. It would be a solid piece of evidence if there was a document showing DR's height as 5'10-11" as I trust the boys judgement of the height + weight of the abductor. Trevor immediately related Merle Jerzak's height + weight as similar to the abductor. And I presume but do not know for sure that Jerry Wetterling is at least 6'1" based upon pictures of him and Patty. This is why I think suspects like Polka Padre(6'4") + Feeney (6'2") are not likely suspects as well as Richard Kolling-whoever the heck he is(6'3" or 6'1" depending upon what you read )

According to this interview (linked below) with Betty Wolf from the Deutschmeister's Band, she and her husband traveled every year to Germany since 1978. People from the local area traveled with them. I've mentioned this on here before, I would bet that the Rassier's traveled with Betty and her husband and this group. Since Dan played part time with the Deutschmeisters, it's obvious the families knew each other. So I imagine the Wolf and Buerman families knew Dan was home alone. (Plus anyone else from Cold Spring or St. John's that he told himself.)

http://collections.mnhs.org/cms/web5/media.php?pdf=1&irn=10280311

"#30: Every year since 1978 Betty and Tony had gone to Germany during Octoberfest. People from local area traveled with them." More than likely this is who Robert and Rita Rassier traveled to Germany with in 1989.

"#29: Tony Wolf died in 1980. Betty kept the band going with their sons, Arnie and Butch Wolf. John Buerman started playing with them in 1982. John Buerman married Betty Wolf in 1988."

So the Rassiers, Wolf family and Buerman family were friendly. Betty kept the band going until 1988. They had a Deutschmeisters reunion at the Del Win Ballroom (need to find the year yet, but if it was a reunion it would have been after 1988). It would be interesting if that reunion was the same day as the polka fest.

Why would anyone stalk the Rassier's home? This is a simple farming family. Their assets are in their land. They don't wear gawdy diamonds, drive expensive sports cars, or flash wads of money. They weren't known for growing pot or selling drugs. Their home wasn't filled with lovely young ladies which would attract peeping toms.

Not sure if ELOCsoul was referencing the Bahners....there was speculation on WS that the Bahners were stalking the Rassier farmstead with intentions of robbery...which would imply knowing that the Rassier parents were gone. Beyond that...IDK. I don't think a homosexual trist would lead to a child abduction unless of course it was actually a pedophile who happened to be visiting. This visitor's pedo tendencies could have been unbeknownst to DR-or not

Maybe. I applaud you for finding DR's weight(and possibly height)...I looked in racing info and could not find it and asked about this long ago. As for his height, it appears you may be correct based upon your attached picture- but upright pianos can vary in height(not the keyboard height) and a person in the foreground will appear taller than something in the background based upon perspective but it could work in your favor. It would be a solid piece of evidence if there was a document showing DR's height as 5'10-11" as I trust the boys judgement of the height + weight of the abductor. Trevor immediately related Merle Jerzak's height + weight as similar to the abductor. And I presume but do not know for sure that Jerry Wetterling is at least 6'1" based upon pictures of him and Patty. This is why I think suspects like Polka Padre(6'4") + Feeney (6'2") are not likely suspects as well as Richard Kolling-whoever the heck he is(6'3" or 6'1" depending upon what you read )
Steinway keyboards sit 28.125 inches from the floor to the top keys. This is the industry standard for quality pianos. Pianos maintain close standards to Steinwa'sy or they will be considered junk. Although the height of the lid to an upright could be different, the keyboard isn't. Therefore, Dan Rassier is the same height as my spouse according to that photo. That means that Dan Rassier is extremely close to the height of the Jacob's abductor according to Jacob's brother.

Rassier's weight is officially documented in the above race information. Dan Rassier is the same height and weight as Jacob's abductor.

Not sure if ELOCsoul was referencing the Bahners....there was speculation on WS that the Bahners were stalking the Rassier farmstead with intentions of robbery...which would imply knowing that the Rassier parents were gone. Beyond that...IDK. I don't think a homosexual trist would lead to a child abduction unless of course it was actually a pedophile who happened to be visiting. This visitor's pedo tendencies could have been unbeknownst to DR-or not
So a Bahner was lurking around Dan Rassier's house and then suddenly ran up his driveway or through the trees and pulled a woman's black stocking out of his pocket to abduct a boy instead of robbing the very modest farmer's home?

So a Bahner was lurking around Dan Rassier's house and then suddenly ran up his driveway or through the trees and pulled a woman's black stocking out of his pocket to abduct a boy instead of robbing the very modest farmer's home?

Yeh, this theory doesn't have any legs. I was just referencing the earlier postings about it. I missed ELOCsoul's comment answering your question about a possible visitor...so sorry to have wasted your time.

There are another photo of Dan on his FB page showing that he does NOT tower over people as he's standing with female relatives and isn't that much taller than them.

I think you're right on your height estimate. I was just looking for an 'official' document like the weight reference. It does answer my question though as I've always wondered how tall DR was.

Yeh, this theory doesn't have any legs. I was just referencing the earlier postings about it. I missed ELOCsoul's comment answering your question about a possible visitor...so sorry to have wasted your time.

You're not wasting anyone's time CGorg, you're a contributor here. There is no shame or harm in constructive debate or creative thinking. If this were a simple open and shut case we wouldn't be here, and someone would be in prison.

If only LE had done a thorough search of DR's property that night (and if they could have searched the inside of his house) this case may very well have turned out quite differently.

The talk of DR being home alone while his parents are in Germany are hilarious!!!!

He is not a child. He is a full grown, muscular man who was in his 30's at the time. Prime physical condition!

According to Joy's blog, they checked DR's car while he was at work. They should have checked it before he left for work or the night before.

The talk of DR being home alone while his parents are in Germany are hilarious!!!!

He is not a child. He is a full grown, muscular man who was in his 30's at the time. Prime physical condition!

I don't think anyone was worried about DR being hurt. IMO, it was brought up to show he could have done whatever he wanted while he was home alone. Maybe his only part of it all was calling 911 about lights by his woodpile, and mentioning there had been at least 3 cars in his driveway that day and night to help cover for a friend. But I firmly believe he had some part in Jacob's abduction. Whether it was actually doing it, having a friend help, or just covering for someone.

The sheriff announced to local papers that he was a POI AFTER they searched his land and home in 2010. Before that, none of us had heard anything about him. Then in interviews he stated he had been looked at for 20 years. So there is something LE is holding back that convinced them he was involved or knew who was in 2010.

From the February 22, 1984 Paynesville Press.

A Paynesville insurance agent offered "crime assistance" policies, including financial protection against the kidnapping of a child. Creepy.

Truly bizarre!

No. The police never looked in his car.. he had a bunch of boxes in there the next day that the police NEVER CHECKED.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/20/the-next-day/

If LE approached Dan's car and didn't actually open his doors to check inside, then that was because Dan denied them access. LE would need the car's owner to voluntarily open the doors if they didn't have a search warrant. Why would anyone not cooperate with the search for a missing neighbor's child? All Dan had to do was open his car doors for the LE officer(s). Why would a band instructor/teacher who worked with young children not cooperate with such a search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74