MN MN - Jeremy Jourdain, 17, Bemidji, 31 Oct 2016

Jeremy,
The dream seemed to last forever. I am still unclear what your message was, or why you chose to visit me... I am now thinking of you even MORE each and every day.
No one has given up.
We will find you. I promise!
Let's bring Jeremy home
#FindWorm ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Jeremy,
The dream seemed to last forever. I am still unclear what your message was, or why you chose to visit me... I am now thinking of you even MORE each and every day.
No one has given up.
We will find you. I promise!
Let's bring Jeremy home
#FindWorm ❤️❤️❤️❤️

OCT 31, 2022
[...]

Since his disappearance, law enforcement has followed up on more than 200 leads. They have also searched by land, water, and air, but they have not been able to locate Jeremy.

With fall and Minnesota’s deer hunting season approaching, officials are asking that people remain watchful while outdoors. If anyone sees anything suspicious, including clothing items, they are asked to report it to the Bemidji Police Department by calling 218-333-9111.

[...]

[...]

Despite searching by air, water, and land; Jourdain has not been located. The Bemidji Police Department continues to work with the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, FBI, BIA, Leech Lake Tribal Police, Beltrami County Sheriff’s Office and the Cass County Sheriff’s Office. The Bemidji Police Department has also worked with numerous media outlets and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to spread the word of Jeremy’s disappearance across the nation.

[...]

“Jeremy’s family, friends and community are still missing him and deserve answers to his disappearance,” the department wrote in a social media post on October 31, 2022. “The Bemidji Police Department would like to bring closure from the Jourdain family and the community. We encourage anyone who has information on the location or disappearance of Jeremy Jourdain to come forward.”

If you have information about the Jeremy Jourdain case, call the Bemidji Police Department at 218-333-9111. You can also leave a tip with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s 24-hour hotline at 800-THE-LOST (800-843-5678). Or at Crime Stoppers of Minnesota at www.CrimeStoppersMn.org or calling them toll free at 1-800-222-TIPS.

MAY 6, 2023
[...]

During Friday’s event, several family members and loved ones of Indigenous men and women who have gone missing or been murdered had the opportunity to speak to attendees about their experiences.

A prominent topic was the disappearances of two missing Bemidji teenagers — Nevaeh Kingbird, who went missing in 2021, and Jeremy Jourdain, who hasn't been seen since 2016.

“Nevaeh Kingbird went missing not too far from here, toward where the walk turned around,” MMIW 218 organizer Simone Senogles explained, referring to the Nymore area of Bemidji. “She and another relative, Jeremy Jourdain, went missing from that same area of town. That’s partly why we walked up there, we wanted to honor them, we want to remember them and be in that part of town to make our presence known.”

[...]

Kingbird’s mother, Teddi Wind, spoke to attendees about her determination to find answers and her persistence in searching for her daughter and other missing Indigenous relatives.

“I want to tell you guys, miigwech, for supporting us through this tragic ordeal that we’re going through,” she said. “It’s been very hard on us, and our family and community are doing our best to try to find answers in my daughter’s disappearance. I just wanted you to all know that we will never give up on our efforts on searching for Nevaeh, or Jeremy, or anybody in the community that’s missing.”

[...]

051023.N.BP.MMIWWALK 10.jpg

Teddi Wind, mother of missing teenager Nevaeh Kingbird, left, embraces Theresa Jourdain, mother of missing teenager Jeremy Jourdain, during a Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women’s event on Friday, May 5, 2023, at Paul Bunyan Park. Madelyn Haasken / Bemidji Pioneer

[...]

AUG 10, 2023
[...]

"My son Jeremy was 17 years old when he went missing Halloween night," mom Theresa Jourdain said.

Jourdain has searched for Jeremy Jourdain for six long years, and understands what Wind is going through.

"It's just always there, you know, the what ifs, who knows," Jourdain said.

She says it doesn't get easier. Still, she doesn't give up.

"We have to just keep on going all the time with that nightmare in our head," Jourdain said.

[...]

If you have any information about Navaeh or Jeremy's disappearances, contact police. You can also submit an anonymous tip online to Crime Stoppers, or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

SEP 25, 2023
[...]

Monday morning, loved ones, law enforcement and the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Relatives Office came together to search a grid of 150 acres in Bemidji. It's the 13th search for Nevaeh, but it's the first time MMIR has collaborated to conduct a search this size.

[...]

Searchers are looking for any clue related to Nevaeh's disappearance. It's a continued search not only for Nevaeh but also for two other teens who went missing from the Bemidji community within the last decade. Jeremy Jourdain disappeared from Bemidji in 2017, and Damon Boyd vanished from East Grand Forks on his way to Bemidji in 2014.

[...]

SEP 26, 2023
The largest search ever for an Indigenous person in Minnesota wrapped up on Tuesday in Bemidji, where Nevaeh Kingbird disappeared nearly two years ago. ...

... They also looked for clues for two other missing young people.

[...]

"Really they're out there looking for anything, clothing, looking for anything that might help lead us to answers," Bemidji Police Chief Mike Mastin said.

Evidence that can lead them to Kingbird and two others: Damon Boyd who went missing in 2014 and Jeremy Jourdain in 2017.

"Our new plight of missing people. But in my heart too as well is I wish we would've had something like this when my son went missing almost 7 years ago," Theresa Jourdain, Jeremy Jourdain's mother, said.

[...]

It was the 13th organized search for Kingbird. Bemidji police brought in K-9s, conducted ground, aerial and underwater searches. ...

But this is the biggest: with tribes, non-profits, police, fire, state and federal agencies all working in coordination.

OCT 31, 2023
Tuesday marks seven years since Jeremy Jourdain, 17, went missing in Bemidji on Oct. 31, 2016. As previously reported, he was last seen leaving a family party.

The Minnesota Department of Public Safety said that its Missing and Murdered Indigenous Relatives Office is working with Jeremy’s family to bring attention to his disappearance.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back