MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

Well, I did know about the Fake ID's. But I never gave any in-depth thought to there being other information on the computer that might relate to Josh's disappearance. With no concrete evidence, my perception about what happened to Josh has been rooted in the environment from which he went missing. The fact that the Abbot was so concerned Bruce Wollmering might be considered a potential person of interest in Josh's disappearance increased my suspicions. I think Josh was abducted and I think it was planned. I think the perpetrator may have had help. And I think there are people who may have information about what happened. I imagine anyone with this knowledge may continue to hope that this case will be lost to time and forgotten.

When encountered by Brian Guimond and a private investigator, a friend of Josh’s, (not roommate) Alex Jude stated “We deleted all of that” when questioned about the fake IDs.

Who is "we"? I thought Alex was alone in deleting the files? Who was he with? Did someone direct him to do it? And if they were only concerned about the fake id program, why did they delete emails and his research paper he was working on?

My understanding is that "we" implied it was the friends that had fake ID's made. At this time Brian, the PI met with the friends at Kay's Kitchen in St. Joeseph and questioned them. Alex Jude, Nate Slinkard, Greg Warden, Katie Benson and another female were all present. The deleted emails (and forwarded emails) and internet washer incident happened at a different time it seems.

A note about the research paper: it was cross referenced with all of Josh's classes that he currently was taking, along with past classes, and that paper was not an assignment for any class of his. There is a quote from his mother Lisa, that he told her he was writing it, and another note was found to indicate he was going to try to publish it somewhere.

My understanding is that "we" implied it was the friends that had fake ID's made. At this time Brian, the PI met with the friends at Kay's Kitchen in St. Joeseph and questioned them. Alex Jude, Nate Slinkard, Greg Warden, Katie Benson and another female were all present. The deleted emails (and forwarded emails) and internet washer incident happened at a different time it seems.

A note about the research paper: it was cross referenced with all of Josh's classes that he currently was taking, along with past classes, and that paper was not an assignment for any class of his. There is a quote from his mother Lisa, that he told her he was writing it, and another note was found to indicate he was going to try to publish it somewhere.
---------------------------------------------------
Thank you for this information, DarkJodo. Your second paragraph gives us much to think about. All these years my sole focus has been on abduction with intent to sexually molest/murder. Now I am also wondering -- was he targeted because of what he was putting in that paper? You mentioned that the internet washing apparently happened separately -- leaving us to wonder, when did that happen (how do you pinpoint something like that?), who did it and why. I still tend to believe these events were mutually exclusive to Josh's disappearance. Then again, I know his disappearance coincided with another student who complained about being sexually harrassed and was unhappy with the university's apparent lack of vigor in responding to him.

You mentioned that the internet washing apparently happened separately... (how do you pinpoint something like that?)

The files erased by Internet Washer were deleted, then replaced and renamed with random characters for a number of defined iterations, making it extremely difficult to recover. The files that were not deleted by Internet Washer, were recovered relatively easy.

The files erased by Internet Washer were deleted, then replaced and renamed with random characters for a number of defined iterations, making it extremely difficult to recover. The files that were not deleted by Internet Washer, were recovered relatively easy.
---------------------------
Do you think it's possible that the files erased via Internet Washer were the names of students who were buying these fake ID's? Next question, I'd like to know everyone's opinion about whether these erased files may have had some connection to Josh's disappearance - or not. What do you think?

Do you think it's possible that the files erased via Internet Washer were the names of students who were buying these fake ID's? Next question, I'd like to know everyone's opinion about whether these erased files may have had some connection to Josh's disappearance - or not. What do you think?

I feel like if he is not in the pond then this is the next best evidence to follow. ScSo has failed countless times in drowning and abduction cases.

It's possible. But you have to remember that literally anyone had access to Josh's computer. His room and dorm were never sealed off. Roommates, family and friends could enter and leave Josh's room at will.

The current lead investigator of Josh's case has stated "I believe the contents contained on Josh's hard drive could lead us to his whereabouts."

Has anyone ever come across any information about a witness seeing someone matching Josh's description along the side of Interstate 94 that night heading SE? Apparently Detective Hoeshen told this information to a select few in April of 2003, but I have not come across anything to confirm that.

Has anyone ever come across any information about a witness seeing someone matching Josh's description along the side of Interstate 94 that night heading SE? Apparently Detective Hoeshen told this information to a select few in April of 2003, but I have not come across anything to confirm that.

This is not the link you were looking for, but it does suggest that JG might have been at I. 94.imo, rbbm.
Joshua Guimond’s Final Journey | BehindThePineCurtain.com
Josh takes the paved pedestrian walkway (not shown on map) passing between the buildings of Seton Apartments (36); observed by one eyewitness standing behind dumpster at Seton Apartments.

» Josh crosses the intersection to the left of Stumpf Lake onto the main campus; observed by group of eyewitnesses crossing culvert in direction of bus stop on exit route to I-94.

Young People Are Missing; Authorities Are Baffled

''What's unusual about this,'' said Sheriff Jim Kostreba of Stearns County, who is handling the search for Mr. Guimond, ''is that we have four young people missing within a relatively small area. They're all about the same age, and they all disappeared at night.''

Paul Cheney, Mr. Guimond's uncle, said he saw similarities in the disappearances. ''Josh and Chris Jenkins look a lot alike,'' Mr. Cheney said. ''The three boys have the same build, same height, same coloring. Josh is about 5 feet 10, 170 pounds, with an athletic build. All were well-known on campus, outgoing, bright kids with good grade point averages.''

Mr. Cheney pointed out that these three disappearances were ''just off Interstate 94.''

''What's unusual about this,'' said Sheriff Jim Kostreba of Stearns County, who is handling the search for Mr. Guimond, ''is that we have four young people missing within a relatively small area. They're all about the same age, and they all disappeared at night.''

Paul Cheney, Mr. Guimond's uncle, said he saw similarities in the disappearances. ''Josh and Chris Jenkins look a lot alike,'' Mr. Cheney said. ''The three boys have the same build, same height, same coloring. Josh is about 5 feet 10, 170 pounds, with an athletic build. All were well-known on campus, outgoing, bright kids with good grade point averages.''

Mr. Cheney pointed out that these three disappearances were ''just off Interstate 94.''

Just want to piggy back off of this and remind everyone that at this point in Josh's story, the FBI became involved. 2 Agents were brought on to look at Josh's case as well as the three other missing college aged cases. Their objective was to determine if there truly was a link between all of these cases. It was concluded that there was not a link, and we now know 2 of these 4 cases were homicides. Josh is the only one that has not been found of the four.

Just want to piggy back off of this and remind everyone that at this point in Josh's story, the FBI became involved. 2 Agents were brought on to look at Josh's case as well as the three other missing college aged cases. Their objective was to determine if there truly was a link between all of these cases. It was concluded that there was not a link, and we now know 2 of these 4 cases were homicides. Josh is the only one that has not been found of the four.
----------------------------------
And, not to belabor the point, the FBI was also involved with the Wetterling case almost from day one. Boom.

----------------------------------
And, not to belabor the point, the FBI was also involved with the Wetterling case almost from day one. Boom.
-------------------------------
I think practically all the LE related agencies were involved with Jacob's case and almost immediately. Yet they missed Heinrich, ugh. I don't know how well versed these same agencies may have been with regard to the lengthy history of sexual abuse at St. John's. And why is it that I very much doubt that aspect was figured in at all in the beginning of this case?

-------------------------------
I think practically all the LE related agencies were involved with Jacob's case and almost immediately. Yet they missed Heinrich, ugh. I don't know how well versed these same agencies may have been with regard to the lengthy history of sexual abuse at St. John's. And why is it that I very much doubt that aspect was figured in at all in the beginning of this case?

I'm sorry but they did not miss Hienrich, they found Heinrich. In the end they convicted him. Finding Heinrich in the first month without Jacob was simply an answer the family and LE would not accept for years and years. The only answer was that Jacob was still alive somewhere. He had always remained on LE's radar. It was not easy, Heinrich was not easy. Everything lied on a confession from the killer himself. The killer chose when to confess.

I remain astonished that Heinrich was not more vigorously pursued, especially in light of the other sexual assault cases that were happening during that time frame. Surely someone in a position of authority recognized there was a pattern. I looked at that mug shot again and darned if it doesn't look exactly like that MF. Heinrich may not have confessed to anything but then neither did Dan Rassier nor anyone else. The evidence they had pointed to Heinrich, I believe. Am I wrong about this? On another note, I feel like......... no one in any position of authority wanted to touch St. John's with a ten foot pole with regard to Josh's case....didn't want to step on the Abbot's toes and insinuate one of his minions may have been involved in Josh's disappearance. Never mind the sex offenders who freely walked the campus, and the student who was loudly complaining about being sexually harrassed. Makes me wonder --- what incriminating information and/or evidence potentially related to Josh's disappearance might have been hidden away/ignored/minimized/marginalized or destroyed. As an aside, whatever one's beliefs may be about the "Smiley Face Killers," I agree that would be going on the road to nowhere.

The best thing we have for trace evidence is what a dog did immediately in the case. A dog led investigators to the shoreline of stumpf lake. It could be the same dog that is in these pictures. Look how focused this dog is on the water in both pictures and also look how 3 searchers are just sitting in an inflatable boat peaking around at reflective water and witbout any real technology-

Search-Party-Guimond.jpg guimond_search.jpg

In my opinion LE missed finding Josh in this water before Winter took over and Trident didn't come with sophisticated technology until May. This could the THEE problem with this case. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
The best thing we have for trace evidence is what a dog did immediately in the case. A dog led investigators to the shoreline of stumpf lake. It could be the same dog that is in these pictures. Look how focused this dog is on the water in both pictures and also look how 3 searchers are just sitting in an inflatable boat peaking around at reflective water and witbout any real technology-

View attachment 167894 View attachment 167895

In my opinion LE missed finding Josh in this water before Winter took over and Trident didn't come with sophisticated technology until May. This could the THEE problem with this case. Just sayin'.

Looks like standard protocol of a search with cadaver dog. LE will often use these inflatable boats or "Zodiacs" and bring a cadaver dog to pinpoint the exact location of a source in the water. I don't know why you would point out how little "real technology" they have during a cadaver dog search. These are not pictures of the multiple side scan searches conducted by SCSO, Itaska SD, and Trident Foundation, nor it is a picture of the countless time LE have dragged the lake.

Cadaver dogs are great. They have been known to detect human remains under water and 40 feet of silt. They have often been known to detect human remains of cases that are 50+ years old.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back