MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

I'm quite familiar with the Abbey, and personally, I can think of 2 monks who might have been involved in with Josh, one being Bruce W and the other one who was banished from the campus many years ago. ( a sicko who went after students, monks and women) eeeeuuuuckg

I'm quite familiar with the Abbey, and personally, I can think of 2 monks who might have been involved in with Josh, one being Bruce W and the other one who was banished from the campus many years ago. ( a sicko who went after both students, monks and women) eeeeuuuuckg

Just so you are aware, Wolmerings room was searched on behalf of Joshua guimond after his death. They also talked with him. Nothing related to Joshua has ever been found. But thats not to say hes cleared yet.

Sasquatch, you know Stearns County never released their findings of the search in Wollmering's room. I mentioned this a while ago. I also requested the findings of the Wollmering search through freedom of information act. They (SCSO) refused and said those are only available for Wollmering's family.

I am glad to see fresh eyes and better memories on Josh's case. Sas, try to work with people and not against.

Sasquatch, you know Stearns County never released their findings of the search in Wollmering's room. I mentioned this a while ago. I also requested the findings of the Wollmering search through freedom of information act. They (SCSO) refused and said those are only available for Wollmering's family.

I am glad to see fresh eyes and better memories on Josh's case. Sas, try to work with people and not against.

I am working with you. I can't find it now but I swear I read it that the search of wolmerings room revealed no connection to Joshua Guimond. If LE has otherwise, they should clear it up now.

Last edited:
You are arguing with new people on Josh's thread. We need all the help we can get. They are reading over all the documents and getting information and adding new ideas. Listen and watch the new ideas.

If you pay attention I'm bringing out sense between us and LE. I'm defending us and I am defending LE. Everyone is on the same page, and that is that we have nothing but speculations to work with. Its going to get heated because of this. But its also only heated conversation that can solve this now. I want to be your friend, seriously.

Being gay is not sociopathetic. The monks listed in Behind the Pine Curtain are and were either psychopaths or sociopaths, I feel.

There certainly were lots of choices for that title at St. John’s
------------------------------------------------------
Of course being gay isn't sociopathic, human. I would never say such thing, being as I love my gay son dearly. Allow me to express myself more clearly -- I believe that it's possible the perp who I think may have caused Josh's disappearance is/was a cold blooded creature.

Just admit that LE told you they are looking into murder while at the same time offering us other theorys based on the best of their knowledge. Can you do that today?

Sasquatch321,

I am merely pointing out that the one (and only one) theory the LE has ever embraced publically is that Josh is in the water.

I pointed out to you a few days ago that SCSO is still actively investigating today. They have also stated that there is absolutely no evidence that Josh was abducted. Their stance has not changed in 16 years.

You made this quote today:
“LE at the time was possibly too focused on connecting this tip to Dan Rassier.”

And I pointed out that this was most likely, extremely false because of their focus on the lake. You didn’t like my response for some reason, so I posted numerous quotes pointing to LE tunnel vision to back that claim up. You chose to “stop reading them because you realized I was losing my mind”...

I know you want to solve this - I do too! We are on the same team! But you can’t get into a hissy fit any time someone challenges one of your theories.

Yah, that whole gay nudist retreat thing set everyone's hair on fire up there .....
Celticthyme, I only referenced that particular incident as a small example of the manner in which certain monks endeavored to create an atmosphere of "it's okay for us all to gather together and share our sexuality in an atmosphere of spiritual enlightenment blah blah blah." Some of these monks were masters at grooming and manipulating the targets of their affection. Being gay is not the point to anything here, nor is providing sex education while daring to tread upon the fragile sensibilities of all the common folk. Lying about being celibate in accordance with the ideology of the Catholic church, taking advantage of positions of authority to coerce, threaten and prey upon young students and covering it all up in the name of forgiveness for sins is the problem.

If you pay attention I'm bringing out sense between us and LE. I'm defending us and I am defending LE. Everyone is on the same page, and that is that we have nothing but speculations to work with. Its going to get heated because of this. But its also only heated conversation that can solve this now. I want to be your friend, seriously.
--------------------------
I like to believe that we're all on the same page in terms of wanting to find out the truth about what happened to Josh. We may not agree on theories, but I hope we can work together amicably. I've been trying to understand what happened to Josh since November of 2002, just like many others here. With Grandpa Bob gone, I've been worried that there would no longer be anyone to communicate with Stearns County sheriff's department to get updates. I can easily see sixteen years turning into thirty years turning into no answers ever. God I hope not.

Just so you are aware, Wolmerings room was searched on behalf of Joshua guimond after his death. They also talked with him. Nothing related to Joshua has ever been found. But thats not to say hes cleared yet.
--------------------------------
Who knows what may have actually been found in Wolmering's room. He certainly had ample time to get rid of anything potentially incriminating. Has anyone ever filed a FOIA or would that be rejected because it's an "active" cold case.

Phantom, I can't remember how to quote someone any more. I agree with everything you said. If you take a vow of celibacy, but want to mess around, get out. Those who preyed on the students or anyone else, make me sick. I get the impression from the monks I know, that there was a kind of throwing up of hands or denial of all the crap that was going on, for a time there. I think the dam broke in 2002, and the monks who were abusive are either gone, or dead now. Many men who came, left, just not being able to handle the permissive atmosphere. I won't go on, that is a book. Thankfully, I believe now the wheat has been separated from the chaff, and things are on an even keel.

Celticthyme, I'm very glad to know this. I hope all the students now attending St. John's University can enjoy a safe and positive college experience. I only go back in time to understand the backdrop from which Josh disappeared. It certainly was a different environment then. As the years tick past, the memories of what occurred during those years might get hazy. I wish there were folks here who attended St. John's at that time and could perhaps shed some light on monk/student interactions. Speculation is all we have at this point, given no one was there to witness what truly happened to Josh. Although, I do still think there may be individuals who possess insightful information but who are unwilling to reveal it. Maybe they figure since Josh is gone, what's the point.

Oct 20 2018
Unsolved cases are author Robert M. Dudley’s passion
"Dudley discussed the Stearns County cases, and answered many questions about his work and the cases.

As for his book, “Cold Cases of Stearns County, Minnesota,” he said on his Facebook page, “No one knows where Joshua Guimond disappeared to. No one knows who stabbed Herb Frommelt in his bed while he slept. No one knows what happened to Cynthia Schmidt and Ronnie Bromenschenkel when they drove off with a third person (who did come back). No one knows who stabbed and strangled 80-plus-year-old Myrtle Cole. No one is looking into who drove at and struck Steven Bechtold as he jogged along a county road at night. If you know something, say something. Share if you would rather find answers to cases where no one is looking.”

I'm a big fan of Robert Dudley. He's a very thorough researcher and an astute analyst. And of course he's right -- no one knows where Josh disappeared to, but I don't think he's in any of those on campus lakes. My guesses are the incinerator, or taken off campus to a remote area. The perp may have even enlisted the help of unsavory cretins like himself. At this point, nothing would surprise me. And yet, at the end of the day, I hope I'm 100% wrong and Joshua was not taken against his will. I was just thinking, Jacob's remains were so close by all these years, I supppose the same could be true for Josh as well. Wonder if the sheriff ever took search dogs through the tunnels and special gardens, through the parking lot and cars ---- no, he directed the investigation to the woods and the lakes............

LE needs to handle what questions we're pondering over based on the media and amateur sleuthing of this case.

1. Clear up why 300 files were erased from J's computer better.

2. Release findings on Bruce Wolmering, who is deceased.

3. Use of Incinerator on off day.

4. Current thoughts of those at the party and his roommates.

5. Attempt at least one more time to search only Stumpf and East Gemini for any evidence of Joshua.

Deadline- Nov 9, 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back