MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

Has anyone tracked down this video from KMSP? I've tried so many sources, and I cannot find it anywhere!

Investigators: Searching for Josh

It's the story where Fox9 accessed Josh's hard drive and reported what they found on it.
Looking, meanwhile.. rbbm
June 3 2010
Search for Josh is subject of TV news report | Maple Lake Messenger
"May 24 newscast, investigative reporter Trish Van Pilsum guided viewers through the background surrounding the disappearance of Guimond from the St. John’s University campus in November of 2002 and what a technical expert found in a search of Guimond’s computer hard-drive.
The report showed a video of Joshua at the age of 16 and called him a “politician in the making” in an appearance before the Maple Lake City Council when he sought a change in the city’s curfew so Maple Lake High School students could attend school dances.
Joshua’s grandfather, Bob Guimond, said his grandson was determined to become a U.S. senator.
“His ultimate goal was in his e-mail address, ‘senatorjosh,’” Bob said in the Fox 9 report.
On Nov. 9, 2002, Joshua was a junior living in an apartment on the St. John’s campus with five other students. The Fox 9 computer expert examining Joshua’s computer hard-drive showed that he was on his computer doing homework on the afternoon of November 9. Later that day, Joshua did a number of computer searchs, which included efforts to find information on alcoholic beverage manufacturer Seagrams Co., the weather, the Minnesota Timberwolves and a search for jobs."

ETA an unflattering article concerning the journalist in above link..
Might she have learned, but not reported any further information concerning Josh? speculation.

Trish Van Pilsum and missing children: how one reporter failed
January 14, 2019

Last edited:
wow. looks Trish may want to exploit cases for tv instead of help. interesting article

I watched the news video of Josh's case when they looked at his hard drive and added notes in websleuths, but after a while the link to the video expires and you have to order a copy. Probably from the news station

wow. looks Trish may want to exploit cases for tv instead of help. interesting article

I watched the news video of Josh's case when they looked at his hard drive and added notes in websleuths, but after a while the link to the video expires and you have to order a copy. Probably from the news station

Can you link me to that post by chance?

Fortunately, Josh’s story was only presented by Trish Van Pilsum. The actual investigating, reporting and interviewing was done by a different producer at the time.

the link to the news video used to exist on the findjosh.com site but I think the link expired. I tried calling them for a copy a while back, they said I had to order one. have you checked you tube and Josh's thread #1? I don't think anyone thought to save the video to you tube

Last edited:
the link to the news video used to exist on the findjosh.com site but I think the link expired. I tried calling them for a copy a while back, they said I had to order one. have you checked you tube and Josh's thread #1? I don't think anyone thought to save the video to you tube

Yeah - I looked into purchasing a copy through a news media archiving site, but their archives didn’t go back that far and they didn’t know any other company that would. I also went to KMSP directly and they won’t release archived stories.

It seems like this story is lost forever.

What significance does November the 9th hold for the abductors of Joshua Guimond…? What significance does November the 9th hold for the Benedictine order of st johns abbey…?

What significance does November the 9th hold for the abductors of Joshua Guimond?

Joshua Guimond went missing from the grounds of the Benedictine st Johns abbey and university Collegeville Minnesota, on the night of November the 9th, nine days after the Halloween night Chris Jenkins went missing. Joshua lived in a dorm in St Maurs House , st johns university collegeville Minnesota.

What significance does November the 9th hold for the Benedictine order of st johns abbey?
Saint Vitonus
Died
Honored in Roman Catholic Church
Canonized Pre-Congregation
Feast November 9
Patronage Verdun, France
Saint Vitonus (died 525), also called Vanne or Vaune, became a monk as a young man and was made Bishop of Verdun, c.500. Vitonus converted all the pagan residents in the area, and was known for performing miracles.[1]

Vitonus also founded a college for priests and the Benedictine abbey of Lorraine which served as the community of the Congregation of St. Vanne was later dedicated to him.[2]

The Congregation of St. Vanne, was therefore launched from the abbey of Saint-Germain-des-Prés in 1621, and gave rise to the Congregation of St. Maur, which in the event became far better known than the Vannists.

REPORT THIS AD

References
  1. ^ http://saints.sqpn.com/saintv0d.htm
  2. ^ St. Vitonus - Saints & Angels - Catholic Online
Vitonus - Wikipedia

Congregation of St. Vanne - Wikipedia

Congregation of Saint Maur - Wikipedia

It is interesting to note also, the movements that st Vitonus foundered and from him the maurists of st maur, both followed a strict rule of obedience of the Benedictine rule in a kind of reversal of usual reformation principles, where enforcement to the rules overtook liberalisation framed by mercy and scriptural adherence; obedience.

This November the 9th the date of Joshua’s’ abduction is not insignificant in light of these verified historical connections between Joshua’s’ dorm building name st Maurs, and the date of November the 9th.

If you can imagine Joshua being seen as a rebel, maybe even a snitch, in regard to the smooth running of the Principles kept by those at st johns Benedictine abbey collegeville Minnesota.

REPORT THIS AD

Joshua Guimond’s Internet Search reveals he was investigating st johns
“On October 3, 2002, Joshua searched the Internet for “st. john’s abbey statute of limitations conspiracy”. Last month, Joshua’s mom told a reporter that Joshua discussed the abuse scandal and that he didn’t think it was a good idea that the monks were able to stay on campus.”

Joshua Guimond’s Internet Search | BehindThePineCurtain.com

“On October 22, 2002, Joshua Guimond viewed a Star Tribune story about St. John’s”

More from Joshua Guimond’s Hard Drive | BehindThePineCurtain.com

Considering the strong possibility of the suspects in the Joshua Guimond abduction being connected somehow to st johns abbey, the night of November the 9th takes on a far deeper significance and motivational purpose as to why it was the night chosen for the abduction of Joshua Guimond.

We need someone to come forward with information. Alas, I think all the potential evidence is now gone. Did Stearn's County sheriff ever release what, if anything, was found in Wollmerling's room? What does the Abbot possibly know? And would he tell the truth if he did know something? Oh I forgot -- most monks don't have to face the consequences for criminal behavior that mere mortals do. Disgusting and disgraceful.

"Listening to KVSC's interview with Grandpa Bob, (KVSC :: Podcasts :: Interview Marks Year 7 in Disappearance of St. John's Student) the host (who directly knew Josh) revealed that Josh had taken a trip to the Bahamas his freshmen year (around 11:10 in the interview)."

I am just following up on a post I made awhile back about the possibility of Josh going to the Bahamas on a band trip in 2001. I tracked down the host of this show who did indeed know Josh personally, and he verified if Josh was on the trip or not. He found a group photo and Josh was not on that trip.

Whether its helpful or not, its always good to fact-check any leads that we can find. Sorry for the confusion.

Did Stearn's County sheriff ever release what, if anything, was found in Wollmerling's room?

We know what was taken from his room, we just don't know what those things contained. Here is the list from the "consent to search" form that Detective Vic Weiss provided from the "018 Quad" location:

1 Brown folder with misc documents
2 Yellow tablets with handwritten notes
1 Manilla envelope with documents
~ Misc documents and handwritten notes

And here is the "consent to search" form that Detective Jansky and Detective Dickhaus provided for "Rm 105" location:

1 Compaq desktop PC SJMQABB74281A
1 Printed word .doc from network drive
5 Floppy discs UNK contract
1 Blue Mead notebook Misc writings
20 photographs from drawer next to bed
2 website document / handwritten note

That is all that was released that I know of. Again, it would be nice to know the contents of these (if anything is incriminating), but these detectives took these items for a reason.

Many thanks for this list, DarkJodo -- of course it would be very nice to know what was written in those notes, etc. But why do I know that, even if there was anything potentially incriminating, probably somehow the Abbot/church would have made sure it was all relegated to the special confidentiality file. Actual truth seems to be such a rare and precious commodity in that environment!

8 years ago, Grandpa Bob tried to track down the guy in this picture pulled from Josh's hard drive. To my knowledge, no one has identified him.

Until now! I tracked him down, but Grandpa Bob has passed away unfortunately. Does anyone know who I should follow up with next?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 5.09.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 5.09.34 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
The midnight jogger must have been a monk.

Six months after Joshuas disappearance the Saint Cloud Sheriffs Office publicly release infomation that they had received a tip that someone on campus the night josh went missing saw somebody wearing bright colored clothing jogging towards Joshuas positions at around midnight. This person has never come forward with information.

The midnight jogger must be a monk. Who else wouldn't know of this alert to the public except a person living the life of a monk, a life above common law enforcement, a protected life.

The jogger has never been accounted for.

The midnight jogger must have been a monk.

Six months after Joshuas disappearance the Saint Cloud Sheriffs Office publicly release infomation that they had received a tip that someone on campus the night josh went missing saw somebody wearing bright colored clothing jogging towards Joshuas positions at around midnight. This person has never come forward with information.

The midnight jogger must be a monk. Who else wouldn't know of this alert to the public except a person living the life of a monk, a life above common law enforcement, a protected life.

The jogger has never been accounted for.

Stearns County Sheriff's Office most likely thought that the jogger himself could have been Josh. Shortly after receiving the call, a search was made along the highway where this jogger was last spotted. SCSO even told the dog handlers that were working the scene that Josh was sighted along side of the highway.

Some news in Josh's case: The lead detective assigned to the investigation of Josh's disappearance has been reassigned. A new investigator will be assigned to Josh's case in the near future.

Hello all. First I would like to wish Josh happy birthday. Next, I am excited to finally share with you a project that I have been working on for the past couple of years. I have been producing "The Hunt for Josh: The Joshua Guimond Story". It's a documentary that takes an in-depth look at Josh's case. This forum was crucial in making it happen, and for that, I would like to thank every one of you. As a long time lurker of this page, it was great to get to know all of you in the past few months.

But the work is not done! We are still in production, and we need some buzz. Check out the FaceBook page here, and hit that 'like' button:

The Hunt For Josh: The Joshua Guimond Story

Also - the newly released trailer can be found here: Please share if you feel inclined. It would be much appreciated.

I can't reveal any specific findings yet, but I can tell you that the discoveries we made making this project will definitely change the narrative of Josh's case that we know today. I can't wait to share it with you.

Keep in touch.

DarkJodo

I'm starting to wonder if Josh wasn't set up -- a la meet me here at X time for ___ for what I don't know -- but -- it's always been odd to me that he suddenly got up from that party and walked out. I'm sure there was a bathroom at the location of the party he was attending. Josh's Dad has always said he thought "someone grabbed Josh." Sounds like a good possibility. And whatever nastiness it was may have been covered up. Would that surprise anyone here?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back