MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

DarkJodo, I don't have copies. And I would start a search but I can't do any better than what you've already done. However, if you have any ideas of additional searches I could do to help, just let me know. Of course we could probably pursue some of the local television stations, but I don't know if they would cooperate.

The Guimond family with Chris Jenkin's family appearing on "Good Morning America" on November 19, 2002 would be awesome to have. I have not been having good luck tracking it down though.

Thanks, finally a fresh article and video!
from link..
By Liz CollinSeptember 16, 2019
"Attorney Mike Padden made the formal request to the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department last month for the entire case file related to Guimond’s disappearance so private investigators can possibly solve it.

“We really feel the resource of that case file is really important for us to try to connect the dots,” Padden said.

He is representing Brian Guimond, Josh’s father, in his new quest for closure.

“Just another day trying to get something done,” Brian Guimond said."

Josh Guimond (credit: CBS)
“It can be solved. It’s just going to take the right people looking at the right information,” Guimond said.

Padden is planning to file a lawsuit in the next month against Stearns County with the hope a judge will decide to grant them access to the case files."

I can only hope that Mr. Padden is able to get those files on Josh. I also can only hope that no one tampers with said files. With what I've seen so far, I have very little faith that full disclosure will be made. Still, I'm very grateful this attorney is in the picture now. It took outside help for the Wetterling case to finally be solved, and it's going to take outside help for Josh's case to be solved. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say i believe there are pieces to the puzzle of Josh's disappearance that have been withheld since the beginning. Could Josh be in one of those lakes? Maybe, but Trident didn't think so. Could they have been wrong in their professional assessment? I guess, but until all other possibilities have been thoroughly examined by an independent investigator(s), it should not be assumed Josh is in a lake. If I didn't know how many secrets have been kept and lies told in that abbey for eons, I might have been more inclined to think Josh drowned. Would that it could be so simple.

It's true that we need outside help. But we needed outside help from Trident in the first few weeks of this disappearance. Law enforcement did not use high class technology or methods when initially searching the lakes. In fact this could be the third time I know of that this law enforcement missed finding a body before an outside source stepped in and found it for them. I think the worst thing about this case is that a full winter had passed on the lakes before Trident stepped in to help. 5 months passed before Trident got their feet wet.

I'm brand new to this forum. What brought me here is a Google search looking for any updates on Josh Guimond. I'm a mid-80's graduate of St. John's University who can't bring himself to return to the campus for special events due to my suspicion that monks from the Abbey may have had something to do with Josh's disappearance. Even 30+ years ago as a student at SJU, I was aware that there were monks serving as professors and Faculty Residents in the dorms who were either grooming students or who were actively attempting to initiate sexual contact with University students. The term "grooming" wasn't in the popular vernacular at the time, but I was aware of monks who attempted to cross the instructor-student boundaries and become too familiar with some of my fellow students.

The monks were Fr. Bruce Wolmering and Fr. Finian McDonald, who creeped me out at the time and were later identified as having credible accusations of sexual abuse. I knew Wolmering through a friend/apartment mate and I knew of McDonald through the same person. I had a weird vibe with Bruce - superficial, cordial social interactions with an unspoken mutual dislike between us. I had a sense of his predatory nature and what he was trying to do with some of my friends and acquaintances and I sensed that he knew that I knew as well, which created a palpable wariness around each other. I've come to believe that Wolmering was simply evil.

There are certainly numerous other monks who also have had credible accusations of sexual abuse claimed against them since my years at St. John's. The fact that I know that the Abbey housed confirmed sexual predators makes me wonder about the possibility that one or more of these sexual predators may have escalated their crimes and predatory behavior to something beyond sexual abuse. It's what I know about St. John's combined with what I fear as actual possibilities that continue to make me sad and frustrated about Josh's disappearance. I also hope for closure and justice for Josh's dad and other friends and family.

While I obviously have no physical evidence linking Josh's disappearance to the Abbey, there is just so much circumstantial evidence that points in that direction. The circumstantial evidence combined with the refusal to conduct an adequately thorough search for physical evidence in the Abbey and on its grounds immediately following Josh's disappearance and the subsequent refusal by the Abbey and/or law enforcement to release any evidence found on Josh's computer or anything related to Wolmering certainly adds fuel to the fire.

Here's some of what I believe we know that could be relevant to Josh's disappearance:
  • There were many unidentified sexual predators living on the campus prior to and at the time of Josh's disappearance, including Bruce Wolmering and Finian McDonald.
  • Josh was working on a project related to sexual abuse by priests at St. John's prior to his disappearance.
  • At the time of Josh's disappearance, Wolmering was SJU faculty and presumably had much to lose by having his predatory past exposed.
  • Josh disappeared in November of 2002 with no trace of his body recovered.
  • Law enforcement search efforts focus on the lakes in the area.
  • Search dog follows Josh's scent to Abbey buildings and grounds.
  • Stearns County Law Enforcement continues to focus on lakes despite search dog indicating on the Abbey.
  • Extensive search of lakes turn up no signs of Josh.
  • Continued search access to the Abbey is denied. Josh's family's relationship with the Abbey turns adversarial.
  • 2004 Wolmering is forced to resign as an instructor as a result of a student's 2003 claim of sexual harassment.
  • 2009 Wolmering falls and dies under unusual circumstances within the Abbey.

I'm brand new to this forum. What brought me here is a Google search looking for any updates on Josh Guimond. I'm a mid-80's graduate of St. John's University who can't bring himself to return to the campus for special events due to my suspicion that monks from the Abbey may have had something to do with Josh's disappearance. Even 30+ years ago as a student at SJU, I was aware that there were monks serving as professors and Faculty Residents in the dorms who were either grooming students or who were actively attempting to initiate sexual contact with University students. The term "grooming" wasn't in the popular vernacular at the time, but I was aware of monks who attempted to cross the instructor-student boundaries and become too familiar with some of my fellow students.

The monks were Fr. Bruce Wolmering and Fr. Finian McDonald, who creeped me out at the time and were later identified as having credible accusations of sexual abuse. I knew Wolmering through a friend/apartment mate and I knew of McDonald through the same person. I had a weird vibe with Bruce - superficial, cordial social interactions with an unspoken mutual dislike between us. I had a sense of his predatory nature and what he was trying to do with some of my friends and acquaintances and I sensed that he knew that I knew as well, which created a palpable wariness around each other. I've come to believe that Wolmering was simply evil.

There are certainly numerous other monks who also have had credible accusations of sexual abuse claimed against them since my years at St. John's. The fact that I know that the Abbey housed confirmed sexual predators makes me wonder about the possibility that one or more of these sexual predators may have escalated their crimes and predatory behavior to something beyond sexual abuse. It's what I know about St. John's combined with what I fear as actual possibilities that continue to make me sad and frustrated about Josh's disappearance. I also hope for closure and justice for Josh's dad and other friends and family.

While I obviously have no physical evidence linking Josh's disappearance to the Abbey, there is just so much circumstantial evidence that points in that direction. The circumstantial evidence combined with the refusal to conduct an adequately thorough search for physical evidence in the Abbey and on its grounds immediately following Josh's disappearance and the subsequent refusal by the Abbey and/or law enforcement to release any evidence found on Josh's computer or anything related to Wolmering certainly adds fuel to the fire.

Here's some of what I believe we know that could be relevant to Josh's disappearance:
  • There were many unidentified sexual predators living on the campus prior to and at the time of Josh's disappearance, including Bruce Wolmering and Finian McDonald.
  • Josh was working on a project related to sexual abuse by priests at St. John's prior to his disappearance.
  • At the time of Josh's disappearance, Wolmering was SJU faculty and presumably had much to lose by having his predatory past exposed.
  • Josh disappeared in November of 2002 with no trace of his body recovered.
  • Law enforcement search efforts focus on the lakes in the area.
  • Search dog follows Josh's scent to Abbey buildings and grounds.
  • Stearns County Law Enforcement continues to focus on lakes despite search dog indicating on the Abbey.
  • Extensive search of lakes turn up no signs of Josh.
  • Continued search access to the Abbey is denied. Josh's family's relationship with the Abbey turns adversarial.
  • 2004 Wolmering is forced to resign as an instructor as a result of a student's 2003 claim of sexual harassment.
  • 2009 Wolmering falls and dies under unusual circumstances within the Abbey.
Welcome to Ws Bombo52, delighted to have you here, thanks for the insight!

Yes, welcome Bombo52!! Many of us share your point of view and have done since the beginning. Yet we have been unable to make progress because the abbey was always sheltered from having to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. The answers are there, I'm sure, locked away in the vault of lies, long protected with the help of collusion, denial and outright deception. How far does the trail of deceit go? A glance at how the Wetterling case was handled gives me pause to wonder. Thank you for being here!! This has been a very disheartening journey with no hope in sight. So much destruction wrought for so long due to the carte blanche pass given to the abbey by all the local powers that be. Talk about sinful.

Hi I've been working on this case since I started helping to find Jacob Wetterling. We accomplished what many thought could only be a dream come true. I'm now going to tell you how to solve this case. It is going to take more searching of the lakes and also directly talking to everyone that was on that campus that night. We have to stir the pot. we have to do the unpopular as we did in finding Jacob. We found Jacob beneath ground and we can find Joshua too. But it is going to take paid physical labor to do it. We Need To Solve this case. Please God if you can help us, reveal for us a way to solve this case. We believe you can help us. Amen.

Last edited:
Family Still Seeking Help To Find Missing College Student
Jake Judd | Nov 8, 2019
josh_guimond_2.jpg
Find Josh Guimond
(KNSI) - Saturday marks 17 years since the disappearance of a student from St. John's University.

Joshua Guimond was last seen at a card party on the campus the night of November 9th when he left the Metten Court Apartments.

When the 20-year-old didn't show up for a previously scheduled mock trial practice on November 10th, students began searching for him.

The Stearns County Sheriff's Office was called that night after he had been missing for 24-hours.

Several deputies responded, and a K9 from Waite Park Police Department was used for a search.

Joshua was not found that night, and the search continued over the next several days involving hundreds of people.

Over the next several weeks and months, various individuals and groups were involved in the search.

The search also included additional search dogs, and the Trident Foundation was utilized to search the bodies of water around the campus of St. John's University.

This case is an open investigation for the Stearns County Sheriff's Office.

The Stearns County Sheriff's Office and the Guimond family need your help.

If you know something or remember seeing or hearing something, please contact us at 320-251-4240.

It is going to take more searching of the lakes.

Hey Sas - if you want to get serious about searching the lakes more, I would suggest to go magnet fishing. If you have not heard of it, it consists of a high powered magnet attached to a strong rope. It would drag at the bottom of the lake and attract anything metal to it. It is perfectly legal to do, and does not require a license.

Josh was wearing his metal watch when he went missing. Find the watch and you find Josh.

DarkJodo, would St. John's allow someone to get onto the lake to search?

Hey Sas - if you want to get serious about searching the lakes more, I would suggest to go magnet fishing. If you have not heard of it, it consists of a high powered magnet attached to a strong rope. It would drag at the bottom of the lake and attract anything metal to it. It is perfectly legal to do, and does not require a license.

Josh was wearing his metal watch when he went missing. Find the watch and you find Josh.
That is an amazing idea, DarkJodo!
Although one has to be careful.
Suspect's handcuffed body found in river
"20 March 2019
The body of a man who fled police in January has been found in a river still wearing handcuffs.

The 22-year-old, named locally as Reece Hillier, ran off after being detained by officers in Southampton.

Police launched a manhunt but found no trace of him - until a body was discovered by magnet fishermen in the River Itchen at Woodmill on Sunday."

The hidden dangers of magnet fishing
14 September 2019
"Steven Matts said he has handed in 21 knives to police since he started magnet fishing in Leicestershire's canals almost a year ago. He said he had also found a number of bags weighed down with bricks, containing clothes, hats and gloves.

"From the volume of knives and clearly stolen items we find I do believe the canal is used a dumping ground for... criminal activity," he said. "It is an easily accessible way for them to get rid of evidence."

Northamptonshire Police said that although there are no laws against magnet fishing, they would ask fishers to exercise "due care" when handling objects, such as unexploded World War Two bombs.

"[They] can be extremely dangerous, as well as resource-intensive for our response officers."

St. John’s is a very expensive college to attend. There are many very well to do graduates.

I wonder if someone could start a fund to do some exploration to find Josh.

Wow, we were at a dead end. The Lord has enlightened Dark Jodo with a new and exciting idea to advance our findings in this case. All we had to do was ask for his help. It is now on local law enforcement to use our tax dollars and execute on this new lead. I do hold a strong belief that Joshua was possibly missed underwater. It’s just too quiet everywhere else. Thank you for your insight.

Wow, we were at a dead end. The Lord has enlightened Dark Jodo with a new and exciting idea to advance our findings in this case. All we had to do was ask for his help. It is now on local law enforcement to use our tax dollars and execute on this new lead. I do hold a strong belief that Joshua was possibly missed underwater. It’s just too quiet everywhere else. Thank you for your insight.

Teno

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back