MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

how do they afford to do it?

If you mean Josh's family, they do have a Go Fund Me page, and the couple only asks for travel expenses to be paid for by the family. I'll get more details on that when I speak to them. Having driven to Minnesota from Oregon/Idaho several times, I'd estimate travel expenses for an RV would be around $1k-2k.

The biggest hurdle might be the school officials not allowing anyone to search the property, imo.

Agreed. Also, SJU has stated that no further searches may be conducted without the assistance of Stearns County Sheriff's office.

Right, so the goal would be, if this couple is willing and able to conduct a search, to have the family contact the SCSO and request that this be approved. I never assumed we could just waltz on in and start a search on our own, obviously agencies have to work together, but the first step would be checking to see if this team can even assist, and then work with Josh's family to make it happen. Agree?

I just left a message for the Ralstons and will let you all know when I've heard back from them; hopefully this will result in one more step forward in this case. I am apprehensive but hopeful. The next step would be discussing with the family and coming up with a careful and strategic approach to presenting to the SCSO.

What else is there? I'm stunned because I've been looking at this case since 2013 and it was just last week that I learned Josh's friends said Josh had up to ten beers more or less the night he went missing. I can't get over that right now because for so long it was like the alcohol part of this case wasn't even an issue, like Josh had maybe had only a beer or two if any at all. The fact now is that Josh was hammered when he suddenly stood up at the party and left alone around midnight. So I really want to know, what in the world else are we possibly missing here?

What else is there? I'm stunned because I've been looking at this case since 2013 and it was just last week that I learned Josh's friends said Josh had up to ten beers more or less the night he went missing. I can't get over that right now because for so long it was like the alcohol part of this case wasn't even an issue, like Josh had maybe had only a beer or two if any at all. The fact now is that Josh was hammered when he suddenly stood up at the party and left alone around midnight. So I really want to know, what in the world else are we possibly missing here?

Rbbm.
The trouble with young guys, well anyone really- is that when they are'' hammered'' they are more
inclined to getting into fights and /or, getting lost.
Some people even think it is funny to scoop up an inebriated person, then drop them off somewhere random, like the middle of the woods, if the person drunk is female (but considering the school's tone) possibly male, they could end up in a pervert's room, imo, speculation.

Anything is still possible, look at this reply I found on Reddit about this case, interesting-

"When I was a senior at Purdue (2007), a freshman named Wade Steffy went missing after he left a frat party. Told his friends he was walking back to his dorm. He never made it to his dorm. And was no where to be found. So many theories came out around campus; he witnessed a drug deal; was seen being put into the trunk of a car after being beaten in a parking lot; he wandered into the Wabash River or was put into the river were the main ones I remember. I believe the river was searched or dredged at one point and there were a few massive searches. Nothing was found during those searches. It wasn’t until a few months later that a dorm resident heard a weird ping coming from her ceiling so she called maintenance and they went to check it out. Turns out, Wade had mistakenly wandered into the boiler room of a residence hall, presumably tripped over the equipment and was electrocuted. The particular room he went to into was supposed to be locked at all times and obviously wasn’t. It was a totally preventable tragedy due to negligence on whoever was responsible for locking the door, but man that did not satisfy the dramatic college kids. A lot of people still tried to say he witnessed a drug deal and was put into that boiler room."

Anything is still possible, look at this reply I found on Reddit about this case, interesting-

"When I was a senior at Purdue (2007), a freshman named Wade Steffy went missing after he left a frat party. Told his friends he was walking back to his dorm. He never made it to his dorm. And was no where to be found. So many theories came out around campus; he witnessed a drug deal; was seen being put into the trunk of a car after being beaten in a parking lot; he wandered into the Wabash River or was put into the river were the main ones I remember. I believe the river was searched or dredged at one point and there were a few massive searches. Nothing was found during those searches. It wasn’t until a few months later that a dorm resident heard a weird ping coming from her ceiling so she called maintenance and they went to check it out. Turns out, Wade had mistakenly wandered into the boiler room of a residence hall, presumably tripped over the equipment and was electrocuted. The particular room he went to into was supposed to be locked at all times and obviously wasn’t. It was a totally preventable tragedy due to negligence on whoever was responsible for locking the door, but man that did not satisfy the dramatic college kids. A lot of people still tried to say he witnessed a drug deal and was put into that boiler room."
It does make you wonder; this is why I really want to talk to the others at the party again. Were they afraid to get in trouble because Joshua (and maybe them as well) weren't of legal drinking age? Then why say he wasn't drunk? But then I talked to my husband who was a bit of a partier in college and he said that a for 20 yr with a healthy metabolism wouldn't necessarily be wasted off ten beers over 5 hours. But that's assuming it was 2 beers/hour. What if he slammed 5 beers in the last hour? I'd be falling over, even at 20 yrs old. What if he didn't eat? There are so many variables. Only those present would know exactly how he was behaving...which leads me to ask if the family would give us the names of his friends. I haven't heard back from the Ralstons or the professor at SCS but I did hear back from the family attorney and he said to keep in touch. Maybe I could ask him about the friends? I am vacationing in Oregon for the next week but I'll keep checking this message board.

I have my own experience with alcohol and marijuana and I can tell you that no matter how you look at Josh's drinking that night, for a freshman like him, he was hammered into oblivion when he suddenly excused himself from the party that night. Also doesn't partying usually end at 2 or 3 in the morning? He kind of just left at the peak didn't he, why? Was there a blunt or a bong hiding at the party as well? Whatever the case his drinking is the start of what probably went wrong for him that night. Did he get into a strangers car, did he get hit by a car? is he wandered off where noones found him yet? I don't think this disappearance even happens if there was not alcohol that night.

This is an interesting but not surprising development. After 10 beers, whether he was hammered or buzzed, he would have had frequent calls to nature. I think it reasonable that during his walk to his room, he would feel the need relieve himself off the pathway. A body of water with lots of vegetation would provide the perfect opportunity. Unfortunately, a steep slope that is wet or icy in the dark when he was not walking as steadily as he might, makes for very treacherous conditions. There is no way to predict how a body would react under those conditions.

I think this basic scenario would explain the majority of young who died in bodies of water after drinking lat at night. Without a body, we will probably never know for sure. At this point, it would be far harder to locate remains than it would have been at or near the time it happened.

You know I hate to constantly be so hard on them, but LE under John Sanners leadership, probably thought it would be too easy to search the lakes and find Joshua. They did not call in an outside search party with higher end technology in the first week of this disappearance. In fact, what they used, was three officers and a dog in an inflatable boat and simply poked around with their paddles in the water. I'm telling you this could be a different outcome if Trident was there then and not six months later. Six months later it is possible the body was already devoured by turtles, or sunken beneath mud. This is just a opinion I hold onto based on other cases I've seen where better technology and methods are used right away and with successs.

joshua guimond lake search - بحث Google

MWYdBr6DDftHHpDSA

Last edited:
Why go after the monks? Nothing about their modus operandis suggest abduction and murder is what they've ever been capable of. Where are Josh's friends at the party and his roommate on a monk connection? Besides some public off the wall speculation about it, I've only heard Josh's Dad join in and say he was concerned about what a certain monk said about Josh-

Father Jerome Tupa "While I knew of Joshua, I did not know him personally"

After 18 years has it gotten any better than that?

Why go after the monks? Nothing about their modus operandis suggest abduction and murder is what they've ever been capable of. Where are Josh's friends at the party and his roommate on a monk connection? Besides some public off the wall speculation about it, I've only heard Josh's Dad join in and say he was concerned about what a certain monk said about Josh-

Father Jerome Tupa "While I knew of Joshua, I did not know him personally"

After 18 years has it gotten any better than that?
I see on many topics a reluctance to accept that the missing person's actions may have caused their demise. It's much more fascinating to think some conspiracy existed that required a disappearance, or a hit and run driver removed a body, than to think he may have gotten drunk and wandered off course and drowned.

The national guard and others came in, but it is more obvious to me now that they should have searched another week or two. Based on the evidence 18 years later, getting lost in the woods or drowning seem that much more apparent. To be honest since I just learned last week that it was up to ten beers he drank, I feel like walking around the woods out there myself. What and where are we missing? This was never going to be easy.

The national guard and others came in, but it is more obvious to me now that they should have searched another week or two. Based on the evidence 18 years later, getting lost in the woods or drowning seem that much more apparent. To be honest since I just learned last week that it was up to ten beers he drank, I feel like walking around the woods out there myself. What and where are we missing? This was never going to be easy.

If you'd take the time and read the file on Wollmering, you'd quickly realize this psychopath, was capable of anything if things didn't go his way.

This is not a normal school. They don't do normal things.
"If size is important, how big is big enough?"
Sept. 4th, 2003 - The St. John's & Ben's The Record

Attachments

• CSBArchNews_31601_extralarge.jpg
    CSBArchNews_31601_extralarge.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20200822-040515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200822-040515_Chrome.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 33
There has and always will be a handful of monks to pick on or make fun of. Where is the proof that night that Brucie was involved? Noone at the party or his roommate have pointed towards him. Joshuas father points at Father Jerome Tupa. And that is the problem., there is most likely only one offender if any at all. Bruce is an easy pick but where is the substance as related to this case? Find a connection to Joshua.

10 beers over 5 hours, which is just a good guess by his friends, now Josh is gone without a trace. Today as I look back to when I was 17 years old, I can remember going out to a party with 2 friends of mine. When we got to the party I was given a 40 ounce bottle of Mickeys malt liqour. For the next hour I was socializing with a friend and having a great time. Then I suddenly had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom. But once I made it to the bathroom that is where I laid on my back on the floor and my mind and vision was spinning in circles for the next 3 hours . I had overdone it, I was young and I was inexperienced. I think that is what happened in this case. Josh was drinking, we know that now, and he suddenly left a party alone to go to the bathroom or to go home. But where did he lie down, where did he fall? He's out there somewhere where we least expect it. Or to be fair, somebody knows.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back