MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Do we have any information as to whether there was an assault that occurred in the alley prior to the police arriving? That's why she called LE, right? IF so, where was the assailant, and the victim??

Good questions! I also wonder if other neighbors also reported it.

That's not true. Other evidence is also analyzed in a police shooting investigation.

Too many times it's come down to the officer was in fear of his or her life and that's been the deciding factor. Even after an investigation, which makes the whole thing seem like a twisted carnival when they're just going to put the cops back on the job anyway. And instead of punishing the cops or giving the families justice they just pay the family millions of dollars.

This system is broken.

Too many times it's come down to the officer was in fear of his or her life and that's been the deciding factor. Even after an investigation, which makes the whole thing seem like a twisted carnival when they're just going to put the cops back on the job anyway. And instead of punishing the cops or giving the families justice they just pay the family millions of dollars.

This system is broken.

I don't agree. There have been multiple trials with police officers as defendants. A jury decides and that's the way it should be, imo.

We can't get any answers when they haven't even interviewed the officers yet.

"Three people “with knowledge of the incident” told the Minneapolis Star Tribune*that the responding officers pulled into the alley behind Damond’s home. The woman, wearing pajamas, approached the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver, the newspaper reported. The officer in the passenger seat then shot Damond through the driver’s side door, the three people told the newspaper.

When asked about the Star Tribune report, Jill Oliveira, spokeswoman for the BCA, said only that the investigation is in its early stages and that the state agency will provide*information as it becomes available. The audio of the 911 call also is not available publicly.
State investigators say they will provide more information on the shooting after agents interview the*officers involved — something that had not happened as of Monday afternoon, according to the BCA. Agents have requested interviews with the officers, who are working with their attorneys to schedule them, the state agency said."
BBM

After Minneapolis police officer fatally shoots Australian woman, her relatives plead for answers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-1150am:homepage/story&utm_term=.8b3a43c2ef62

I don't agree. There have been multiple trials with police officers as defendants. A jury decides and that's the way it should be, imo.

You've misunderstood what I said, unless you are saying those trials have most often ended with guilty verdicts.

I personally wouldn't approach the police even if I called them... especially if I called them, but more for fear of being targeted by whoever I called about.

But this doesn't sound at all justified from what we know thus far. So sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

A call to 911 can be made anonymously. Even if she gave her name, the police would check out the area to see if there was an assault underway. I've never heard of police responding by first going to the door of the 911 caller.

I hadn't either until I called once and after they didn't understand how to find one apartment in a building with all of six freaking apartments they came knocking on my door to ask me which apartment even though I'd told them when I called, the result being by the time they went back to the other apartment all was quiet (go figure) so the crazy people knew they'd been called in and by whom and the police drove away. Hence my hesitation in calling and/or telling who I am although pretty sure they already know, land line or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Loads of pictures, info and maps here as well as statements from Justine's family, who are rightly devastated and furious. Suggestion her phone might have been mistaken for a gun, and also, audio was recorded of them (assume both officers) attempting CPR

RIP Justine :(

View attachment 120167

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...n/news-story/2d2486888c0c6d8fa1ca3d8f4bc7df91
I know that I have read among all the articles published that there was no audio recording. Now I can't find the article. I'm aware that the both body cams were not on and that the police camera did not capture the shooting. Unfortunately it does not say that the camera did not have audio.

Is there a link stating that there is actual audio recording of the shooting?

RSBM

Do we have any information as to whether there was an assault that occurred in the alley prior to the police arriving? That's why she called LE, right? IF so, where was the assailant, and the victim??

Apparently she heard a woman screaming and thought somebody was being assaulted. Perhaps she was mistaken.

She called the police for something going on at the back of her house and is telling the police why she rang them and the other police officer just lazily picks up his gun and kills her. Did her call interrupt their coffee break?
This is what I wonder about a lot of officer involved shootings...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I have no idea what the police story even is. As far as I can tell, this woman was standing there in her pajamas and she wasn't armed.
Police hasn't released a reason as to why they shot and killed her.
It's like Jordan Edwards just in the back seat of a car... Now he's dead. I'm so sick of this!

Let's not bash the police quite yet. I'm guessing it was an accidental discharge. People are jumping down the throats of the cops assuming the worst. I don't think in this day and age, the police want to make any statements unless they are absolutely positive they know what happened and have a handle on things. Let's give them the day to get their act together.
Um... An accidental discharge by a police officer is a huge problem! Especially if someone dies!

Uh-oh.

The Minneapolis police officer said to be the one who fired the shots that killed 40-year-old Justine Damond Saturday night in southwest Minneapolis had three complaints on file, according to city records. ...

http://kstp.com/news/mohamed-noor-o...ond-fatal-minneapolis-shooting/4544324/?cat=1

The article also states she was shot several times.
The officer who murdered Jordan Edwards did, too. I'll be interested in the details!

How bizarre and horrific, that poor woman. :cry: Says here the shooter's partner was "stunned". I can't even imagine.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...lis-police-officers-after-calling-911-n783581[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
Reminds me of watching the video of Philando Castile. Yanez partner was running away when Yanez shot. It was crazy! You know something is wrong when the partner isn't on guard with their gun pulled as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member