GUILTY MN - Laura Schwendemann, 18, Kensington, 14 Oct 2015

Wow. So we were wrong wondering about the father and son arrested in that area.

http://m.startribune.com/autopsy-fi...e-student-found-dead-in-farm-field/359632431/

A college freshman in western Minnesota who was found dead in a farm field was left there by a man who panicked after the woman passed out while they injected methamphetamine together, according to a statement released Tuesday evening by Douglas County Attorney Chad Larson.

The man, Nickolas McArdell, 21, of Starbuck, Minn., told investigators that he had concealed the body of Laura Ann Schwendemann in a cornfield after she overdosed; she was found two weeks later by a farmer during the harvest.

He faces up to a year in prison for concealing her body, but won’t be prosecuted for murder because the evidence doesn’t support it, according to Larson.
More at link

I'm not sure I totally believe this, but ok. If that's what the DA says...

So the father and son had nothing to do with this?
Eta: just saw your post above mo4b, makes sense...

What was the deal with the statue?

I'm not sure I totally believe this, but ok. If that's what the DA says...

So the father and son had nothing to do with this?
Eta: just saw your post above mo4b, makes sense...

What was the deal with the statue?

rbbm

I think the statue was info that they gleaned from interviewing McArdell. He probably just threw that out there saying he couldn't remember, but there was a statue, blah blah blah. He apparently said he dropped her off with some people he didn't know. So I'm sure the cops asked where and he had to come up with something. "Yeah, I dunno. It all looks the same out there at night. Well I remember some statue..." something like that, I'm guessing. You know, giving them some detail to make it sound believable.

moo

Very sorry to the friends and family of Laura Schwendemann for her untimely death. Heroin, indeed all illegal drugs, are scourges upon our world.

Why not the one who gave the drug to Laura. If he injected her it would be just as much his fault as the one who sold it. I'd charge them both, but that's just me.

I guess that something I wanted to get at. Did he cook/make the Meth or did he or she buy it somewhere?

Charges filed in Schwendemann case; new details emerge
A gross misdemeanor charge of interference with a dead body was filed against Nickolas Ryan McArdell of Starbuck Monday...McArdell reportedly dropped off Schwendemann’s belongings with her family members on October 15 and requested them to not contact law enforcement...He said he noticed she was not breathing and when he checked her neck for a pulse, he couldn’t find one.He said he drove three or four miles to a cornfield, had a cigarette, and then removed her body from the car. He said he put her over his shoulder, carried her into the field, placed her body on the ground, ran back to his car and continued driving around.
http://www.echopress.com/news/3903419-charges-filed-schwendemann-case-new-details-emerge

It just baffles me, I have no comprehension why anyone would ever, I mean ever think "Let's try Meth"

It ruins so many lives and has literally no upside. I just dont understand why

recalled waking up near a blue house with a statue of a boy wearing blue overalls and a red hat.

IMO All a lie... wild goose chase and he knew where she was all the time (maybe)... small sentence. But I will always remember Laura, freshman at Morris and that statue (if it exists)

In a word that sums it up, inadequate. All they can get him for is dumping her body. Not for leaving her to die or injecting her with drugs, it's pitiful.

Should he go to jail for murder because Laura chose to take meth and subsequently ODd? I am not trying to victim blame here but IMO he is responsible for his own drug addiction and the poor choices he made here and that is it - there is no evidence that he held her down and shot her up and killed her. As far as we know, she made the choices that lead to her death. It is tragic that her "friend" cared more about himself and was too ignorant of the law to call it in and instead chose to hide her, but he is paying for that now and has to carry the guilt his whole life. Justice in this case would be Nikolas getting clean and using his knowledge or connections to help LE bust the lab making the meth. Meth has been a huge problem in rural MN ever since I lived there as a kid - at 14 I knew several kids in my high school already using it, it is just that prevalent and easy to get hooked on and that was in the 90s.

Should he go to jail for murder because Laura chose to take meth and subsequently ODd? I am not trying to victim blame here but IMO he is responsible for his own drug addiction and the poor choices he made here and that is it - there is no evidence that he held her down and shot her up and killed her. As far as we know, she made the choices that lead to her death. It is tragic that her "friend" cared more about himself and was too ignorant of the law to call it in and instead chose to hide her, but he is paying for that now and has to carry the guilt his whole life. Justice in this case would be Nikolas getting clean and using his knowledge or connections to help LE bust the lab making the meth. Meth has been a huge problem in rural MN ever since I lived there as a kid - at 14 I knew several kids in my high school already using it, it is just that prevalent and easy to get hooked on and that was in the 90s.
Very well said! Thank you

One year later: Remembering another side of Laura

http://www.echopress.com/news/4135785-one-year-later-remembering-another-side-laura

Laura Schwendemann's favorite color was purple. She loved the game Apples to Apples, and she hated spiders. She never drank pop, and she had a passion for music.

These are just a few of the things that didn't make the stories in the wake of the 18-year-old's disappearance and death last October.

Schwendemann, of Starbuck, was a freshman at the University of Minnesota Morris when she disappeared, later to be found in a Douglas County corn field. The case would lead to a change in Minnesota law on penalties for concealing someone's death.

Now the people who loved Laura are speaking out, and they want the public to know that there was more to Laura's life than there was to her death.

According to her mother, Darla Schwendemann, Laura had a way of captivating a room.

"Laura was spunky even when she was an infant," Darla said. "She made her presence known when she was born, weighing 5 pounds and 10 ounces."

Laura's friend and coworker, Brittany Boysen, says she misses Laura's infectious laugh the most.

"She was really bubbly and fun. She always made you laugh," Boysen said. "We could work together and get stuff done and still have fun. It wasn't ever boring. ... She was a great person."

Though Laura's death was a result of drug use, her friends and family say there was so much more to her life than that portion of it.

"I think what bothers me the most is if I hear anybody say she was just someone who did drugs," Sandy said. "It's like, 'No, she wasn't. No, she was not.' She was a really awesome kid that had so much potential and it just got stolen from her."

Remembering her smile

ac3466d84e0842bf340ff92af5ff80dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member