Recovered/Located MN - Leigh Elizabeth Meska, 31, overdue motorist, didn‘t arrive at work, Goodview, 30 Jan 2019

Damarna (sorry, don't know the techy WS details yet)... *I* would not take 90 from Goodview. It would make the drive longer.

On 14, there is potential to go off the road, down the hill - wooded areas. But with trees so barren right now, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to spot a car from a helicopter. Unless of course snow had drifted over. :(
That's what I was thinking as well. I share your worry!

Damarna (sorry, don't know the techy WS details yet)... *I* would not take 90 from Goodview. It would make the drive longer.

On 14, there is potential to go off the road, down the hill - wooded areas. But with trees so barren right now, I wouldn't think it would be that hard to spot a car from a helicopter. Unless of course snow had drifted over. :(
They'd likely have to wait until it warms up a bit. I remember the minimum operating of the Bell 407 I trained in was -40 degrees.

They'd likely have to wait until it warms up a bit. I remember the minimum operating of the Bell 407 I trained in was -40 degrees.
Officials continue search for missing Goodview woman

Updated article regarding today's search .

<Snip>
Winona County Sheriff Ron Ganrude said five units from Winona County, five units from Olmsted County, Rochester Police, State Patrol, and a State Patrol helicopter are all involved in Thursday's physical search.

The civil air patrol may also be brought in.

More at above link

Ugh, it realty does sounds like she might have had an accident. I seriously doubt she can be seen from above, especially with the wind moving the snow all around. If she did in fact get into a crash (my speculation), she could be covered with snow by the winds very fast. I do hope she is warm and safe somewhere.

I started an Info/Timeline for LM.

Leigh Elizabeth Meska, 31
  • Last seen 6:40 am Wednesday, January 30, 2019 Goodview, MN
  • 5’3” 125 lbs, green eyes and brown hair
  • Last seen wearing black leggings, a sweater and a red jacket and driving a gray 2014 Chevy Impala with Minnesota license plates 136 MWK
  • Normally she takes the bus that Mayo employees use, but she was running late, so she drove - Goodview Police Chief Kent Russell

Employment:
  • Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Timeline:
  • 1/30/19 - Reported Missing
  • 1/30/19 - Search begins
  • 1/30/19 - At approximately 3:00 PM t Firefighters from Saint Paul’s Rescue Squad 3 deployed as part of the MN Aviation Rescue Team (MART) to the Winona area to help search for a missing person
  • 1/31/19 - Deputies from both Olmstead and Winona Counties, and officers from Goodview, Rochester and other communities are driving and searching less-traveled township and back roads between Winona and Rochester after searching the main routes yesterday. The State Patrol helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft from the Civil Air Patrol will look from the sky. He acknowledged that the frigid conditions are making a touch job even tougher
  • 1/31/19 - Investigators are examining all possibilities in her disappearance, talking to Meska's family, fiancee and friends. They are also looking into her phone records
  • 1/31/19 - Winona County Sheriff Ron Ganrude said five units from Winona County, five units from Olmsted County, Rochester Police, State Patrol, and a State Patrol helicopter are all involved in Thursday's physical search. The civil air patrol may also be brought in

Driving Route
  • From Goodview to Rochester via I-90 W. 55 min (50 mi)
  1. Head southeast on W 6th St/Old Hwy 61 toward 40th Ave
  2. Turn right onto Pelzer St
  3. Turn left onto N Fremont St
  4. Turn right onto the I-90 W ramp to Austin
  5. Merge onto I-90 W
  6. Take exit 218 for US 52 N
  7. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for US 52 N
  8. Take exit 55A for 6th St SW
  9. Turn right onto 6th St SW
  10. Turn right onto 14th Ave SW
  11. Turn left onto 9th St SW
  12. Arrive at location: Rochester
  13. For the best route in current traffic visit Google Maps

Resources:
Anyone who sees Meska or her vehicle is asked to call Goodview police at 507-452-1500, or Winona County Law Enforcement Dispatch at 507-457-6492

Winona Police Department

News Links:
Search for missing Minnesota woman

I started an Info/Timeline for LM.

Leigh Elizabeth Meska, 31
  • Last seen 6:40 am Wednesday, January 30, 2019 Goodview, MN
  • 5’3” 125 lbs, green eyes and brown hair
  • Last seen wearing black leggings, a sweater and a red jacket and driving a gray 2014 Chevy Impala with Minnesota license plates 136 MWK
  • Normally she takes the bus that Mayo employees use, but she was running late, so she drove - Goodview Police Chief Kent Russell

Employment:
  • Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN

Timeline:
  • 1/30/19 - Reported Missing
  • 1/30/19 - Search begins
  • 1/30/19 - At approximately 3:00 PM t Firefighters from Saint Paul’s Rescue Squad 3 deployed as part of the MN Aviation Rescue Team (MART) to the Winona area to help search for a missing person
  • 1/31/19 - Deputies from both Olmstead and Winona Counties, and officers from Goodview, Rochester and other communities are driving and searching less-traveled township and back roads between Winona and Rochester after searching the main routes yesterday. The State Patrol helicopter and fixed-wing aircraft from the Civil Air Patrol will look from the sky. He acknowledged that the frigid conditions are making a touch job even tougher
  • 1/31/19 - Investigators are examining all possibilities in her disappearance, talking to Meska's family, fiancee and friends. They are also looking into her phone records
  • 1/31/19 - Winona County Sheriff Ron Ganrude said five units from Winona County, five units from Olmsted County, Rochester Police, State Patrol, and a State Patrol helicopter are all involved in Thursday's physical search. The civil air patrol may also be brought in

Driving Route
  • From Goodview to Rochester via I-90 W. 55 min (50 mi)
  1. Head southeast on W 6th St/Old Hwy 61 toward 40th Ave
  2. Turn right onto Pelzer St
  3. Turn left onto N Fremont St
  4. Turn right onto the I-90 W ramp to Austin
  5. Merge onto I-90 W
  6. Take exit 218 for US 52 N
  7. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for US 52 N
  8. Take exit 55A for 6th St SW
  9. Turn right onto 6th St SW
  10. Turn right onto 14th Ave SW
  11. Turn left onto 9th St SW
  12. Arrive at location: Rochester
  13. For the best route in current traffic visit Google Maps
Resources:
Anyone who sees Meska or her vehicle is asked to call Goodview police at 507-452-1500, or Winona County Law Enforcement Dispatch at 507-457-6492

Winona Police Department

News Links:
Search for missing Minnesota woman

Thank you for this!

Leigh Meska Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Leigh Meska.jpg Leigh Meska 2.jpgLeigh Meska 3.jpg Leigh Meska 4.jpg
They have been concentrating their search on the southeast part of the county, from County Road 9 to the south part of the county near Chatfield.

According to information from her cell phone company, a phone call may have been made from the Marion area, near Highway 52 and I-90, around 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, January 31, KIMT3 reported. Her cell phone was last pinged in that area. It’s unclear, however, if the Thursday date is accurate from the KIMT3 report, since she was last seen on Wednesday. Friends have reported that the Eyota tower pinged a call from her at 7:40 a.m. on Wednesday and her phone powered down around 9:40 a.m. on Wednesday, when calls started going straight to voicemail. So the exact timeline for her phone is still being clarified.

Officials said they are examining all possibilities for Meska’s disappearance, including talking to her friends, her fiance, and reviewing her phone records, KARE 11 reported.

Onstar has been unable to track her car, the Winona County Sheriff’s Office shared on Facebook.

Last edited:
@CrazyWorld (Welcome to WS) - I live in Racine (MN) and we travel out your way frequently. Do you think Leigh may have taken 14 and not 90?
Crews search for missing MN woman in subzero cold

This article says driving to work herself is out of her routine. Praying for her safety.

There is some information about her route in this article:

A friend on Facebook, Nikki Rich, said that Leigh was driving because she had missed the commuter bus. Goodview Police Chief Kent Russell added: “Normally she takes the bus that Mayo employees use, but she was running late today, so she drove,” KTTC reported.

Rich also wrote, “From what Leigh has shared before, she usually took Stockton or Lewiston route to hwy 14 to come to Rochester. She took 90 once but it was back tracking for her, so she didn’t like that route. I think the big hill was the Stockton route and that was the usual route she would take if she drove.”

Not good. Being born and raised in Central Wisconsin, I am very, very concerned for Leigh Elizabeth. Road conditions can change at the drop of a hat, even when there's been no snow.

Praying she is found safe and warm somewhere.

View attachment 166859 View attachment 166860View attachment 166862 View attachment 166863
They have been concentrating their search on the southeast part of the county, from County Road 9 to the south part of the county near Chatfield.

According to information from her cell phone company, a phone call may have been made from the Marion area, near Highway 52 and I-90, around 7:30 a.m. on Thursday, January 31, KIMT3 reported. Her cell phone was last pinged in that area. It’s unclear, however, if the Thursday date is accurate from the KIMT3 report, since she was last seen on Wednesday. Friends have reported that the Eyota tower pinged a call from her at 7:40 a.m. on Wednesday and her phone powered down around 9:40 a.m. on Wednesday, when calls started going straight to voicemail. So the exact timeline for her phone is still being clarified.

Officials said they are examining all possibilities for Meska’s disappearance, including talking to her friends, her fiance, and reviewing her phone records, KARE 11 reported.

Onstar has been unable to track her car, the Winona County Sheriff’s Office shared on Facebook.

OK so the difference in locations is about 20 miles give or take. Hwy 52 being the commonality. Is she moving? If the possible cell activity in Marion is accurate I'm wondering if the Rochester point is later?

I had looked into that as well but the timing and location would be odd. It happened yesterday and allegedly the phone pinged this morning about 30 miles away. The area this accident occurred is north of where the Mayo Hospital Campus is (her employer). I would think family members would know by now and they are still actively searching for her. With that said.... You never know!! It's curious that her name hasn't been released.

Just watching a short bit of press conference being held per FB “Winona county emergency management”. Goodview PD stated she was spotted in LaCrosse WI last night. They are asking her to call her parents - let them know she’s ok.

Just saw this info as well. I've been hoping she's just been taking a break. The cell phone pings have had me a bit confused. Praying she's ok!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back