MN MN - Lilydale, Female 805UFMN, 25-30, in Mississippi River, blue shorts, Jun'76

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by CarlK90245, May 20, 2013.

1. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Doe Network
    Case File: 805UFMN
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/805ufmn.html

No Image Available

Unidentified Female
    Date of Discovery: June 11, 1976
    Location of Discovery: Lilydale, Ramsey County, Minnesota
    Estimated Date of Death: 1976
    State of Remains: Unknown
    Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
    ** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 25-30
    Race: Unsure
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 150 lbs
    Hair Color: Unknown
    Eye Color: Unknown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: None

Dentals: Not Available
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Socks, Blue shorts, Shoes
    Jewelry: None
    Additional Personal Items: None

Case History

Female victim was found in the Mississippi River, Lilydale, Minnesota

theshadow45 likes this.

2. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Note: I moved this post from the Blue Earth Jane Doe thread (183UFMN) to this thread, after realizing that Mildred is not as plausible a possible to the Blue Earth Jane Doe as I had originally thought.

A new case was added to NAMPN yesterday:

Mildred Louise Butterworth Roche
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/roche_mildred.html

[​IMG]

NAMPN indicates she was LKA in Fargo North Dakota, but she was from Mankato MN, and it appears that she was actually LKA in Mankato.

I found a better photo of her in the Mankato State Teacher's College 1957 yearbook (about 19 years before her Date LKA).

[​IMG]

Her age or DOB isn't indicated in NAMPN. But She looks to be about 20 in this 1957 photo, meaning that she was born in about the mid 1930's and was about 40 in 1976, when last seen.

She is probably a little too old for this Jane Doe, and there isn't much in terms of vital stats. But the timeframe is spot-on.

3. Redwood146

Redwood146 New Member

I think she is younger in the photo you posted above. I think she is about 18 or so. It seems to me that since teenagers have been around, teenage girls have always wanted to look older than they really are. But the wave perm in her hair makes her look oldish.

4. Houston Mom

Houston Mom Well-Known Member

5. Odyssey

Odyssey Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye

There is a marriage record for Mildred (she is listed as M L Butterworth and husbands name matches the name in news article) and it states she was born in 1938, if that helps.

6. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

http://www.kare11.com/news/bca-to-families-of-missing-people-provide-a-dna-sample/455807575

( Sent from KARE 11 )

ST. PAUL, Minn. - The bodies of five people exhumed*last summer remain unidentified so the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is turning to families with missing loved ones for clues.*

In a news conference on Tuesday, BCA officials urged those with missing family members to come forward to give DNA samples, in the hopes they may find a match to these unidentified remains.*

(More at link)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

7. theshadow45

theshadow45 Well-Known Member

A few possibilities: Joan Bieter http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bieter_joan.html was last seen by her family in 1968. Ruth Egnoski http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/e/egnoski_ruth.html has disturbingly little information available, the exact year of her disappearance as well as the circumstances behind it are unknown. Linda Nickell http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nickell_linda.html has previously fractured her right arm. Nancy Tharp http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tharp_nancy.html has little information available and her LKA date is after this JD was found, but if her missing date is off she'd be my top candidate. Her age is close, her height is right, and she went missing less than 25 miles from Lilydale.

8. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

Some time ago I checked and was told that is a possible match has dna then it is a rule out. Nancy Tharp and our JD both have DNA on file. Nancy send like she would be a good match, doesn't she? Other than the DNA....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9. kelso319

kelso319 Member

Jane Doe was discovered in June of 76 but Nancy Tharp didn't go missing until August of 77, so I don't think this one could be Nancy, unfortunately.

10. theshadow45

I'm starting to think that you're right. I suggested her mostly because she had little info available and it was possible that her missing date could be wrong, particularly if she wasn't reported missing right away. Found more information looking into it more, she likely was reported right away so her date looks pretty solid. She apparently was last seen leaving home to buy her young son a birthday cake and never returned. Nancy's NamUs page:https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12961/83 .

djanga likes this.
  11. theshadow45

Lilydale Jane Doe has been unidentified for 44 years today.

djanga likes this.
  12. victoriarobinson642

victoriarobinson642 Well-Known Member

0 missing person exclusions.

theshadow45 and djanga like this.
  13. doggybag2355

doggybag2355 Well-Known Member

This is now a DNA Doe Project case.

14. theshadow45

Lilydale Jane Doe has been unidentified for 45 years today.

summergirl1 and Diavola like this.
  15. summergirl1

summergirl1 Member

I wonder if there's a connection between her and Ramsey County Jane Doe 1977. Perhaps they were killed by the same person? It seems a bit odd to have two kind of similar cases in a place like the Twin Cities within a year of each other. I'm from Minnesota. It should be interesting when one or both get identified. She may have been from Wisconsin, not Minnesota, perhaps. And maybe the 1977 Jane Doe was too. Just some thoughts.

theshadow45, Kirsten_N. and djanga like this.
  16. victoriarobinson642

victoriarobinson642 Well-Known Member

Added to the DNA Doe Upload Spreadsheet with a decent match of 100 cM - great news!

Attached Files: