MN MN - Mary, 15, & Susan Reker, 12, St Cloud, 2 Sept 1974

This case is such a mystery! Wasn’t the younger one dragged by her sweater to be hid in the
tall grasses? Wasn’t blood found on the clothing? Have the Authorities invited Parabon Nanolabs, (which have solved older cases with old degraded DNA) to help look at the DNA in this case, besides BCA? This is still an Open and Unsolved. The accomplice may still be alive and law enforcement seem so close to solving the Reker Sisters Case.
Wouldn’t a Parabon snapshot DNA analysis be helpful?. Genetic DNA testing is scientifically advancing since it was looked at last. The mother deserves her day in court. Very Sad.

This case is such a mystery! Wasn’t the younger one dragged by her sweater to be hid in the
tall grasses? Wasn’t blood found on the clothing? Have the Authorities invited Parabon Nanolabs, (which have solved older cases with old degraded DNA) to help look at the DNA in this case, besides BCA? This is still an Open and Unsolved. The accomplice may still be alive and law enforcement seem so close to solving the Reker Sisters Case.
Wouldn’t a Parabon snapshot DNA analysis be helpful?. Genetic DNA testing is scientifically advancing since it was looked at last. The mother deserves her day in court. Very Sad.

Yes to all of your questions except Parabon-not sure about that one. Welcome to Websleuths!

There have been DNA tests performed in the last two years and were inconclusive. Herb Notch has been named as the top suspect but it’s believed he had an accomplice

KARE 11 Investigates: New lead in cold case double murder | kare11.com

A carnival worker convicted of murdering two Maryland sisters in 1975 may be connected to the 1974 unsolved murders of the Reker sisters in Minnesota.

Wow, she was attacked just a couple of days before the Reker girls were murdered. She wrote about it in a scrapbook that she kept all these years.

from the linked article:

“So, I want to make sure I have this straight,” asked Lagoe. “You met the man who assaulted you across the street from the Zayres?”

“That’s correct,” Georgianne said.

“And where you were sexually assaulted was less than three-quarters of a mile from where the sisters' bodies were found?” he asked.

“That’s correct,” she replied.

Georgianne says she reported her attack to authorities back in 1974. But she says Lawrence Kritzeck, an investigator for the Stearns County Sheriff at the time, told her they didn’t think there was a connection to the Reker murders.

Her attacker was never located.

BBM

Years later, when she saw Lloyd Welch's photo, she recognized him as her attacker.

This is probably the reason so many cold cases got that way. Local LE in small towns and cities just didn't have enough experience to investigate these kinds of crimes. Stearnes county LE, though, still refuses to consider Lloyd Welch the killer of the Reker sisters.

Last edited:
Wow, she was attacked just a couple of days before the Reker girls were murdered. She wrote about it in a scrapbook that she kept all these years.

from the linked article:

“So, I want to make sure I have this straight,” asked Lagoe. “You met the man who assaulted you across the street from the Zayres?”

“That’s correct,” Georgianne said.

“And where you were sexually assaulted was less than three-quarters of a mile from where the sisters' bodies were found?” he asked.

“That’s correct,” she replied.

Georgianne says she reported her attack to authorities back in 1974. But she says Lawrence Kritzeck, an investigator for the Stearns County Sheriff at the time, told her they didn’t think there was a connection to the Reker murders.

Her attacker was never located.

BBM

Years later, when she saw Lloyd Welch's photo, she recognized him as her attacker.

This is probably the reason so many cold cases got that way. Local LE in small towns and cities just didn't have enough experience to investigate these kinds of crimes. Stearnes county LE, though, still refuses to consider Lloyd Welch the killer of the Reker sisters.

I have spoken to Georgianne. She actually approached me but declined to answer some pretty basic questions about the contents of her journal. The reporter’s work was fairly shoddy on this story, but headlines sell. I did some research on carnivals operating in the area, including one performing at St Anne’s Catholic Church in Kimball the weekend of the Reker murders. I also read the book, The Last Stone, about the Lyons murders. I could find nothing to substantiate the assertion that Lloyd Welch was anywhere near Minnesota at the time of the killings. I am very skeptical of any connection, and so is SCSO.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back