MN - Morgan Evenson, 27, survives brutal knife attack, Minneapolis, 13 Dec 2017

PERFECT EXAMPLE in recent history:

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’
July 9, 2017

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX) — In the last three months, there have been at least three robberies on BART involving groups of teenagers.

“I think people are genuinely concerned — they are fearful about the stories that have come out about the recent attacks, the assaults, the thefts,” said Debora Allen, who is a member of the BART Board of Directors.

So far, BART has refused to turn over surveillance video for any of these incidents.

“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

According to a memo distributed to BART Directors, the agency won’t do a press release on the June 30 theft because it was a “petty crime” that would make BART look “crime ridden.” Furthermore, it would “unfairly affect and characterize riders of color, leading to sweeping generalizations in media reports.”
==========================================================================================

So here ^^^ we have a large corporation, unwilling to share ACTUAL VIDEO FOOTAGE, because it might show the public what the perps really look like.

PERFECT EXAMPLE in recent history:

BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’
July 9, 2017

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX) — In the last three months, there have been at least three robberies on BART involving groups of teenagers.

“I think people are genuinely concerned — they are fearful about the stories that have come out about the recent attacks, the assaults, the thefts,” said Debora Allen, who is a member of the BART Board of Directors.

So far, BART has refused to turn over surveillance video for any of these incidents.

“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

According to a memo distributed to BART Directors, the agency won’t do a press release on the June 30 theft because it was a “petty crime” that would make BART look “crime ridden.” Furthermore, it would “unfairly affect and characterize riders of color, leading to sweeping generalizations in media reports.”
==========================================================================================

So here ^^^ we have a large corporation, unwilling to share ACTUAL VIDEO FOOTAGE, because it might show the public what the perps really look like.

Dear god.... so let me get this straight. They are afraid to share the footage because it might show what the perps look like but they are ok with releasing a statement that the videos would create a "high level of racially insensitive commentary"

That kind of statement is going to create racially insensitive commentary. What is the difference? Other than to stir up drama, what is the point?

So *first* the absurd, appalling justification for withholding suspect descriptions from the public was because the descriptions of suspects happen to coincide with descriptions that might fit other innocent people. (And we can't have TRUTH or TRANSPARENCY, because that "unfairly" stigmatizes "some" races and ethnicities?? Even though those races and ethnicities have an awful lot of current criminal activity in the area?)

Because then "the public" would "unfairly" stigmatize others who happen to fit the same description. Truth be damned-- we can't describe suspects accurately because the public might just take actions to protect themselves from a violent suspect on the loose, right?

The public "might" report the "wrong" suspect to 911?

Someone might decide to take evasive actions if they see someone that matches a violent suspect description, acting suspiciously?

God forbid, people might be alert for someone/s that matches the suspect's description and behavior, and adopt better, more safe behaviors (like walking with a buddy)?

But NOW the appalling justification has morphed into "we must withhold suspect descriptions from POLICE" because police "might" make a mistake and target the wrong suspect?

AYFKM??

So, we're just going to go with full on anarchy? Is that that plan? So we don't hurt anyone's little feelings?

This is a giant game of "let's pretend". It's f-ing ridiculous. Given a little more time, we will be a violent, murderous, anarchic third world country-- heck, we have pockets of the country that are that way now (such as the south side of Chicago). That's where this kind of absurdity leads. It's unspeakably dangerous to the law abiding, peaceful public, and our way of life. Ignoring this kind of crime leads to even more crime, more bold violence, decline of neighborhoods, lost tax revenue as businesses move out, etc.

IDGAF about the criminals-- they have a choice NOT to commit crimes. They deserve no privacy as to their "description", and no "sheltering" from apprehension and prosecution. Spread their descriptions, and the crime they've committed, far and wide until they're caught, each and every time. This is really one area where, IMO, there can be no compromise. There are not multiple "valid" points of view on something like this, IMO.

Our problems, IMO, are not that we are too "intolerant" as a society. Rather, we are far TOO tolerant, of what should never be tolerated. A brazen knife attack on a sidewalk is not something that should EVER be swept under the rug, concealed, minimized, or "tolerated", under the guise of being "tolerant" and "politically correct".

This is exactly why regular citizens begin to conceal carry, which a lot of bleeding hearts want to wail about. THIS is why people begin to feel a need to take more protective measures for themselves, because they don't trust police to assertively and aggressively fight crime in a TIMELY manner. I wish Morgan Evenson had been packing a handgun, and killed the SOB that stabbed her 14 times. That's what the perp deserved, IMO.

Thats an awfully long post to say the same thing you have been saying since the beginning of this thread yet you still havent given any evidence that anything was being withheld from the public nor have you given any evidence that LE has "under investigated" this crime.

Until you provide some sort of evidence to back your claims, your points are invalid, and trying to turn this thread into another gun control debate doesn't count.
:dramaqueen:

i repeat...I live here...it was under reported that night and the next when someone may have been able to see the person with the clothes...absolutely only reason we are talking here about it is the victim spoke with media. I have not run into one Minneapolis resident in the Uptown area that knows anything about this. You can say it is not "evidence" maybe not but that is simply what happened. And the only thing you will see on local news until well after superbowl is about the super bowl events and the weather.

i repeat...I live here...it was under reported that night and the next when someone may have been able to see the person with the clothes...absolutely only reason we are talking here about it is the victim spoke with media. I have not run into one Minneapolis resident in the Uptown area that knows anything about this. You can say it is not "evidence" maybe not but that is simply what happened. And the only thing you will see on local news until well after superbowl is about the super bowl events and the weather.

I understand what you are saying. I am just not sure that is different than what would happen in any similar circumstance. I am not so sure cases of random attacks like this ever get blown up by the media regardless of who or what the perp is.

If I understand correctly, it happened on a moderately busy neighborhood street, and people in their homes came running out while the attack was still going on, and scared him away by yelling at him. So the only cams might be homes with cams, no stores I don't think.

Also being 8:30pm it would have been dark. Video would only be marginally helpful in that situation.

I am curious how one would know that? Did people go back to previous issues and see it was not there?

And it may have been that long for her to stablize in order to give a description. Or I guess some people feel a woman in pain, on drugs, and maybe receiving blood and who knows what else was up to giving a description and report right away.

Since she was on the news a week after the attack I don't believe this is a likely reason.

The most recent MSM article I could find on this case is dated January 4, 2018, Minneapolis Star Tribune, so obviously something is up

http://www.startribune.com/man-who-...n-street-attack-remains-a-fugitive/468061693/

I'm not surprised it's not getting coverage NOW. She's moved and it's likely too late to catch the suspect. The time for coverage was in the beginning. I wouldn't expect coverage at this point.

Also being 8:30pm it would have been dark. Video would only be marginally helpful in that situation.

Since she was on the news a week after the attack I don't believe this is a likely reason.

I'm not surprised it's not getting coverage NOW. She's moved and it's likely too late to catch the suspect. The time for coverage was in the beginning. I wouldn't expect coverage at this point.

BBM, According to this article dated the 4/1, LE are still investigating this case and the article states they are working multiple leads.
(quote)
She did not know the man and has no idea why he attacked her.

Police still haven’t made any arrests in the case but say they are working multiple leads.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2018/01/u-s-woma...xplodes-police-narrative/#d35X9JOpkAHcAVl4.99

Just by way of comparison, 01/11/18, the Daily Harold, reported that the Chicago Tribune recently did a study and found that 75 women have been strangled or smothered since 2001 and of those, something like 50 remain unsolved, as stranger on stranger violence is some of the most difficult cases to solve, (if that applies to this case, which I get the impression it does), because of the randomness and lack of ties connecting the victim and assailant...just sayin' not unusual for investigations to take ages and/or sadly, for cases to remain unsolved...unless, similar cases end up being linked...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20180111/news/301119883/

All of the above is simply my own views, opinions, theories, presumptions, beliefs, and Big Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL or reference to a source.

What is "under reported"? Not reported enough? What's the threshold? How can media report "enough" on every single thing that happens in a city every day?

Media outlets are just privately owned business, and they report what makes them MONEY. Sure, if they receive a press release from a police station, they will copy and paste it, but unless it draws a big crowd, they will move on to something else very quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back