Identified! MN - New Brighton, Long Lake Park, Wht/NtvFem 35-45, UP4808, dental work, Sep'00 - Gail Marlene Johnson

Here is another possibility: Loretta Tinkham

Missing Age 31 Years
Current Age 59 Years
First Name Loretta
Middle Name L
Last Name Tinkham
Nickname/Alias Loretta Skeeter, Loretta York

Sex Female
Height5' 0" - 5' 5" (60 - 65 Inches)
Weight100 - 130 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact November 30, 1994
NamUs Case Created December 2, 2010

Location Peoria, Illinois 61603
County Peoria County

Physical Description

Hair Color Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description Shoulder Length

She was involved in sex work, and her last contact with LE was July 11th 2000.

Im not sharing that info to shame her, but to help paint a more accurate picture of her life, so we can try to solve her persumed homicide

I wonder if she was ever reported missing? It's very possible being involved in sex work led to her death, or possibly it was someone she was dating or in a relationship with. It hasn't been that many years so it maybe possible to find out who did this.

I wonder if she was ever reported missing? It's very possible being involved in sex work led to her death, or possibly it was someone she was dating or in a relationship with. It hasn't been that many years so it maybe possible to find out who did this.
I can't find anything to suggest she was.

Here's another article about the case from Kare11 in addition to a previous article linked here from them (I can't read either of them as I'm in the UK).

I could however view a video, also from kare11 on you tube which may contain the same information as the article above and does indeed, sadly, confirm that Gail was not a reported missing person. (I'm not sure if I can link it so I haven't). It also features contributions from Gail's sibling (via a police officer) and one of the people who found her. Well worth watching.

Let's hope they find the person responsible.

R.I.P. Gail.

Last edited:
This guy murdered a sex worker in 1993 in Minneapolis and was arrested as late as 2016 for trying to hire a sex worker. Given that Gail Johnson was involved in sex work, maybe this guy ( who still maintains his innocence despite DNA evidence linking him to the other murder) is responsible for her death too? There are differences, like how Gail's body was dumped and the other woman's was left in an apartment ( with the shower running), but still, it makes you wonder. GUILTY - MN - Jeanne “Jeanie” Childs, 35, murdered, napkin DNA linked to Jerry Westrom, Minneapolis, 1993 *Arrest 2019

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back