Identified! MN - New Brighton, Long Lake Park, Wht/NtvFem 35-45, UP4808, dental work, Sep'00 - Gail Marlene Johnson

I contacted the medical examiner who is assigned this case. The contact info for him is located on UID namus profile. If you click on the link tab at the bottom it will give you the contact info for Ramsey Co medical examiner. :)

Thanks! I was emailing the detective listed, but it looks like his email has since been taken down. I went ahead and sent them the couple names I had over to them.

I contacted the medical examiner who is assigned this case. The contact info for him is located on UID namus profile. If you click on the link tab at the bottom it will give you the contact info for Ramsey Co medical examiner. :)

It did take about 3 weeks for DNA to be processed. I know sometimes it can take quite a bit longer, especially if they are getting a lot of submissions. I apologize for being absent from this thread. I am glad that Briley was added as an elimination. I am bummed to see that no update were made to the UID namus profile regarding the missing tooth and native heritage. The difference between a Caucasoid skull and Native Skull would be considerably different and the fact that UID is listed as having Native heritage by other agencies and by my local police agency offers that we are missing pretty telling characteristics that could help us.

I also found it odd that the missing tooth is not listed as a characteristic of the UID on namus, but is also listed on other agencies. I’ll reach out to the medical examiner again, as well as my local PD to see if these changes can be made on namus, or at least clarified.
That would be great if you could, please keep us posted!

I was just listening to a podcast by the BBC's "The Documentary" called Missing and Murdered: America's forgotten native girls and around 15 mins in they talk about how MN is a main trafficking route (both for voluntary and involuntary movements) of indigenous woman and girls from both the US but also from Canada. This made me wonder if our JD might be on any Canadian list of missing indigenous women - perhaps something like https://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/

I was just listening to a podcast by the BBC's "The Documentary" called Missing and Murdered: America's forgotten native girls and around 15 mins in they talk about how MN is a main trafficking route (both for voluntary and involuntary movements) of indigenous woman and girls from both the US but also from Canada. This made me wonder if our JD might be on any Canadian list of missing indigenous women - perhaps something like https://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/
Great point to bring up. It certainly is possible. I do know that Long Lake Regional Park is located just off of two major highways that access Canada, and all surrounding states directly. 35W and 694. When you access Long Lake Regional Parks main entrance from the East, just south on the same road there is a large industrial like location where a large amount of businesses have loading docks for semi trucks. This is why I suspected that Briley, last seen near a truck stop in Michigan on 694 was a strong possibility.

So truck stops are a possibility as well, or in general traffic traveling from Canada or surrounding states utilizing those highways. In my opinion someone had to know about Long Lake Regional Park as a destination because this park doesn’t have huge billboards or highways signs that announce its existence...

From that list, it looks like Irma Murdock would likely be the only one that fits within the time frame of when UID was found, having last been seen on June 16th 2000.

I’m sure there are other lists of MMI from Canada which are worth looking into as well!

From that list, it looks like Irma Murdock would likely be the only one that fits within the time frame of when UID was found, having last been seen on June 16th 2000.

I’m sure there are other lists of MMI from Canada which are worth looking into as well!
I'm Canadian so I will peek at a few of our smaller missing sites.

Last edited:
I had a look tonight on several of our Canadian missing persons sites, and I didn't see anything that connected this UID to anyone reported missing from the Manitoba and Saskatchewan provinces (that I could see anyways) in the pertinent time frame. I looked at some of the Ontario missing persons as well, but not all. I just started thinking that if the missing UID from Canada had crossed the border, it would've been recorded if they used their passport. So this UID would be more easily id'ed in that scenario, with news that a traveller from Canada had gone missing. If they snuck across it would not be easy to do through rough terrain, etc. and if they used a fake passport, it wouldn't be easy either, with the heightened border security these days. I just think it would be more likely to be a U.S. UID or someone that immigrated there at some point.

Great point to bring up. It certainly is possible. I do know that Long Lake Regional Park is located just off of two major highways that access Canada, and all surrounding states directly. 35W and 694. When you access Long Lake Regional Parks main entrance from the East, just south on the same road there is a large industrial like location where a large amount of businesses have loading docks for semi trucks. This is why I suspected that Briley, last seen near a truck stop in Michigan on 694 was a strong possibility.

So truck stops are a possibility as well, or in general traffic traveling from Canada or surrounding states utilizing those highways. In my opinion someone had to know about Long Lake Regional Park as a destination because this park doesn’t have huge billboards or highways signs that announce its existence...

I see that this UID is described as white, and possibly part Indigenous so I concentrated on perusing various of our Canadian missing websites looking primarily for white females as that seems to be the main description of the UID.

I see that this UID is described as white, and possibly part Indigenous so I concentrated on perusing various of our Canadian missing websites looking primarily for white females as that seems to be the main description of the UID.
Perfect. Thank you for for doing that. Yes, being listed as white with native heritage makes the pool of possibilities much larger. Which is why I had hoped the medical examiner could elaborate. Maybe at some point the ME will provide an update. Fingers crossed.

Perfect. Thank you for for doing that. Yes, being listed as white with native heritage makes the pool of possibilities much larger. Which is why I had hoped the medical examiner could elaborate. Maybe at some point the ME will provide an update. Fingers crossed.

You're welcome! I did continue on last night looking at many more of Ontario's missing and I did not find any possibles that I could see. I sure hope we get more information too!

Wow! I have been so submerged with school that I forgot to update or sign into my account for a while.

I wanted to update you all and let you know that I contacted the ME and asked if this Doe could be submitted to the DNA Doe Project for processing. That was affirmative per our conversation so I’m hoping that we can have some answers eventually. Anyone who has been following this case please check the DNADoeProject website frequently to see if this case is being worked on, and if/when it is please donate to her specific case if possible!

If anyone is interested in banding together and organizing a community crowdsource campaign to collect funds for donation let me know. The more people the better. It seems that processing DNA runs around 4-5k per case from what I’m observing

I was practicing my computer sketching skills with this Doe and decided to do some sleuthing, but there so little information. I think Mary Jo Klen is a potential match but also has very little information available. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I already called the agency in charge so they can investigate more.

On NamUs, Long Lake’ estimated PMI is months. She was mummified, so she was most likely dead for months if not years. Mary Jo’s day of last contact was on 8/14/2000 (supposedly), which is about a month before Long Lake JD was found. But because she doesn’t even a picture I’m not sure if this is accurate. I found her DOB on the Indiana police site and, after a lot of digging, I think I got a yearbook picture of her. I believe it’s against WS rules to post the picture, but if it’s not I would love an opinion.

Here is the info on NamUs that matches:

Long Lake JD. Mary Jo Klen

found/missing 9/15/2000 8/14/2000

Height Est. 5’5” 5’4”

Age when. 25-50 40
found/missing

Hair color Brown/ Brown
strawberry blonde

Eyes Unknown Brown

Now a DDP case, but funding is needed to get the lab work started

Yay!

What do you think of this as a match?

Heather was 19 in 1997. She is missing from IL, but I don't think MN would be a stretch.

Last edited:
Plus NAMUS lists her hair color as "Blonde/Strawberry" and she has damage to her left ring finger.

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry

Left Eye Color Green
Right Eye Color Green

Deformity
Left ring finger doesn't function properly

Piercing
8 piercings in left ear; 6 piercings in right ear

Scar/mark
Scar on left arm; Scar on left wrist; Scar on left index finger; Scar on face; Mole on neck

Tattoo
Rose tattoo on left ankle

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Dimples on both left and right cheeks

• Case Photo
Clothing
Sears Mainframe navy chambray shirt, size medium; Zana Di stonewashed bell bottom blue jeans, size 9.5

Footwear
Black St. Michel shoes, size 9.5

Jewelry
Gold ring with six diamonds; Mickey Mouse watch; Diamond studded earrings; Gold ball earrings; Gold hoops

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back