MN MN - New Scandia Twp & St Paul, Bone Lake & Pig's Eye Lake, WhtFem 30-65, UP7308, head/foot, Jun'93

Where can I find a link that shows Laurie's been ruled out? I don't see it on either Laurie's or UID's NamUs profile. Is there another database that shows ruleouts for MN UID's?

TIA

I received that rule out via email from one of the Washington County detectives on the case.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Page last updated February 26th, 2020.

Thumbnail

#UP7308
Female
White / Caucasian
Date Body Found: June 12, 1993
Location Found: New Scandia Twp, Minnesota
Estimated Age Range: 30-65 Years

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number: --
ME/C Case Number: 93-638

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Possible First Name: --
Possible Middle Name: --
Possible Last Name: --
Possible Nickname: --

Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 70
Estimated Age Range (Years): 30-65
Estimated Year of Death: 1993
Estimated PMI: Days

Height: Cannot Estimate
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: June 12, 1993

NamUs Case Created: June 22, 2010
ME/C QA Reviewed: June 21, 2011

Location Found Map
County: Washington County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped): --
Found On Tribal Land: --

Circumstances of Recovery:
Above address for location of head. Left foot recovered from the North side of the Mississippi River 935 Childs Rd. N., St. Paul, Minnesota.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains:
- Torso not recovered
- One or more limbs not recovered
- One or both hands not recovered​

Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: Dark brown to black, possibly in a "spiked" pattern
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --

Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description: --

Distinctive Physical Features
Item: Finger and toe nails
Description: small amount of red nail polish on nails of the 4-5th toe nails

Item: Piercing
Description: both ears pierced

Clothing and Accessories
No Information Entered

@Piknik, since you have been emailing WA County, do you want to ask the County if they have the other "computer enhanced" photo? It would be interesting to see, and I think helpful to get another angle/image of her. (I wonder about a PM too, it sounds like she was very recognizable and recently deceased)

I assume there is good DNA based on the facts and circumstances in this case.

It seems solvable with the DNA and if we get another composite.

Last edited:
The reason LE apparently made the computer-enhanced photo was because the drawing (presumably the one we have?) was not detailed enough. Here is a quote from one of the Star Tribune articles I posted earlier:

The county paid Video Transfer Studios of West St. Paul to produce a computer-enhanced photo of the woman's face, which was released Wednesday. Heuer said the photo was made because an artist's drawing released earlier was not detailed enough.

I wonder what details we are missing if this one is not detailed enough. Let me know if you contact them Piknik, otherwise I might possibly.

I am not sure how helpful it can be, besides seeing something more life-like. Her mouth is open, obscuring her resting face shape. It reminds me a bit of Caravaggio's painting of Medusa.

I can see maybe why they didn't add it to the Doe Network or Namus page.

Do you all think her eyelids are supposed to be opened or closed in the "computer-enhanced" image? I am having trouble reading the shadows.

This is an interesting discovery. How did you find / gain access to this photo?

Also, I think that her eyes are supposed to be open. She appears to be looking aimlessly and in different directions, so I wonder if her eyes are also open in the true postmortem photos.

This is an interesting discovery. How did you find / gain access to this photo?

Also, I think that her eyes are supposed to be open. She appears to be looking aimlessly and in different directions, so I wonder if her eyes are also open in the true postmortem photos.

Star Tribune newspaper microfiche of the July 8, 1993 article quoted on the previous page. (attached here in whole, with image).

I thought her eyes were open as well, but I was confused why they would be going in different directions, like you say, especially in an "enhanced" image.

Attachments

• Article.png
    Article.png
    260.6 KB · Views: 35
I was able to get a hold of the "computer-enhanced" image (albeit in B&W microfiche).

*********** WARNING: It is quite disturbing. **********

I agree, quite disturbing. I seriously have no words for this that don't disparage the artist that created this.
I wonder if we could get one of our talented members like @CarlK90245 or @coffeeandacig to update the original sketch? (Pretty please?)

The poor woman. I'm wondering if the spot on her forehead is a birthmark or just due to printing/microfiche. It seems unlikely that it would be forgotten on the sketch, but then again, doing a drawing of her was probably a pretty disturbing task.

edit: I wonder if they missed out on some other body parts, the place seems ideal to spread them out....

Screenshot_20210123-084630.png

Last edited:
Doe Network on UID:

123UFMN

-----

Uuuh... you guys....

In Wisconsin and Minnesota, 2-3hrs from St. Paul a couple of bodies with severed body parts turned up in the 1980's/90's.. could be related. So far I found:

Terry A. Dolowy, missing since Feb 14, 1985:
Her headless body was found in La Crosse, WI Feb 19, 1985:
The Doe Network: 873UFWI

UID, found May, 1984 in Westby, WI:
Wrists were severed.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) *WARNING POSTMORTEM*
261UFWI

Cindy Carol Larson is listed as an MP since Nov, 1995 from Caledonia, MN with Circumstance "Homicide victim found in Missouri River":
I'm making an educated guess that part of her is still missing....
3773DFMN - Cindy Carol Larson

edit: UID, only skull/mandible, found in Houlton, WI in Oct, 2002. Only 25 min to St. Paul!!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back