MN - Philando Castile, 32, fatally shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #2

Of course you do.

Anyway, I could see it filed as a violation of Philando's civil rights. He was licensed to carry the firearm and the officer pulled him over, not only for the busted taillight, but because he thought he resembled an armed robber.

Yanez should have followed police procedure for a high risk traffic stop if he was that concerned "he was going to die" because he saw a black man reach towards his pocket after he asked him to get his ID. He went from calm to hysterical in less than three seconds. He barely gave Philando time to react to his orders before he fired seven shots into his car.

Let me also point out that Philando had his seatbelt on and he was reaching around into his pocket. Diamond later stated that his seatbelt was getting in his way and he was kind of tangled in it. Could he have even untangled himself from that awkward position fast enough to please Officer Yanez before he started shooting? Maybe he did want to put both his hands up, but he couldn't do it fast enough.
Let's also point out to KZ that apparently his PARTNER wasn't alarmed until Yanez started to lose his mind. I've NEVER seen the partner just chill and then RUN AWAY. Please explain.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It's amazing that many people are more interested in stopping demonstrations, then are interested in stopping police from killing innocent people. If the police stopped killing people, there would be no reason for people to demonstrate. If you want the demonstrations to stop, then get the police under control. Otherwise the cycle of police killing people, followed by demonstrations will continue forever.
This is true and it shatters my heart to pieces.

This is so utterly ridiculous! I don't even know where to begin. So he thought his life was in danger because he allegedly smelled weed in the car with a child in it. And his bright idea was to shoot into said car where the child is in the line of FIRE?! Meanwhile, HIS PARTNER IS LITERALLY RELAXING AND THEN STARTS TO RUN AWAY once Yanez starts firing!!! Un freaking believable! I've never seen anything like it. His partner on that video tells me more than enough. 

ETA - damaging the child's hearing and shooting at one of her caregivers was so much healthier than alleged weed smoke? GTFO

IMO, he couldn't man up and admit he mistakenly thought that he was dealing with an armed robber, he made an error of judgment and shot an innocent person.

Honestly, yanez disgusts me. I think he's a coward.

Let's also point out to KZ that apparently his PARTNER wasn't alarmed until Yanez started to lose his mind. I've NEVER seen the partner just chill and then RUN AWAY. Please explain.

yanez was shooting at Philando, to quote TYT "like he was trying to take down a tank." His partner probably scooted away because he didn't want to get hit accidentally by the barrage of bullets.

For years, some Minnesota schools threw hot meals in the trash rather than feed a child who owed them money.

For years, Philando Castile dug into his own pocket to make sure no child in his cafeteria line, at least, left hungry.

For years, there was bipartisan, statewide agreement that Minnesota needed a change of law, or a change of heart, to ban lunch shaming forever.

While everyone was agreeing that someone should do something, lunch debts mounted. Cash-strapped schools yanked trays, dumped lunches, or sent students away with cold cheese sandwiches or a warning stamp or sticker for their parents and classmates to see. Unpaid lunch debts barred children from field trips and kept graduates from walking across the stage to pick up their diplomas.

And Mr. Phil, the kind cafeteria supervisor, wasn't here to help. Gunned down at a traffic stop in Falcon Heights for no good reason. His death broadcast to a horrified world on Facebook Live. His killer acquitted.

The Minnesota Legislature changed the law last week, banning lunch shaming for good, five years to the day after he died.

Later that day in St. Paul, mourners marched and sang and spelled his name across the gates of the governor's residence in giant letters: 4 PHILANDO.

Brooks: A change of law, a change of heart, on the anniversary of Philando Castile's killing - StarTribune.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back