MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, smoking marijuana in the privacy of one's own home should not be a crime. Smoking marijuana in a closed vehicle with a child should be a crime, but still not punishable by death. However, it does show a reckless disregard for others. Someone who would force a 4-year-old to get a contact high and also drive around under the influence with a child in the car would probably not be incredibly cooperative during a traffic stop. The bottom line is, I don't have enough information at this time to say whether the shooting was justified or not.

I do not drink so don't know. Can you drink in a car if no one is driving at the time? Don't know if it is true anymore, but in Louisiana they had drive in's where you could get a drink. The driver could not be drinking but everyone else could.

In MN, you cannot have an open bottle in a car, but is that only while moving?

I don't live in Minnesota, but in my state you cannot have an open container in the car. An acquaintance of mine got a violation for it even though he was parked in a grocery store parking lot at the time.

According to my google research, smoking cigarettes in a car with children is not yet illegal in MN.

What about mj in states where it is legal? It is not in MN

Even in states where MJ is legal, it's still illegal to drive while under the influence of it. Personally, I think operating a car while under the influence of ANY mind-altering substance is wrong.

Even in states where MJ is legal, it's still illegal to drive while under the influence of it. Personally, I think operating a car while under the influence of ANY mind-altering substance is wrong.

I think I posted the info re driving and mj in MN. I forget what it said. I use nothing and have never had a legal drink in my life. Had illegal before age 21 back then.

Anyway, what are the laws in CO regarding kids and mj in the same room? Are there laws re driving? I know a big wig in CO re pot and he said they are worried sbout Big Pot More and more advertising how their pot is even stronger than another pot brand. And the pot disguised as gummy worms. For adults, but what effect on kids? Lots of issues.

I do not think it is a plea for positive just like the sanitation strike, the bus boycott, the camping by the White House by WWI vets was trying to get positive affirmation. It is about desperation. No one is listening. What do you do?

On the contrary we are listening...and still not agreeing with everything they are saying. And will not as long as they continue to build their case on a lie, specifically that of the Michael Brown case...

Have you seen the youtube videos of him and his girlfriend smoking weed with the little girl in the backseat breathing it in? I'd link to them but I think it's against TOS.

Do you have a link? Do you know who posted it? Was it from a verified account? Thanks.

Do you have a link? Do you know who posted it? Was it from a verified account? Thanks.

By NO MEANS trying to answer for SC's post she can provide the link but all I did before was Google: Diamond Lavish Reynolds smoking weed with Philando Castile 4 yr old

Thanks

JMO 🐮

On the contrary we are listening...and still not agreeing with everything they are saying. And will not as long as they continue to build their case on a lie, specifically that of the Michael Brown case...

I don't think they are asking for permission from people to validate them.

By NO MEANS trying to answer for SC's post she can provide the link but all I did before was Google: Diamond Lavish Reynolds smoking weed with Philando Castile 4 yr old

Thanks

JMO ��

I am not a drug user nor do Iike the use of any recreational drugs including alcohol. I know I am not in the mainstream . Here is what I think is a good article on the questions of parents and pot.

What surprises me is how many people use pot recreationally. Doctors, teachers , business people of all sorts. Maybe people are not as surprised as I am.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...4549c8-f977-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

I just googled this and there are multiple YouTube postings of a video from different users. I would not see it is verified, as it is not clear how these users got the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, every one of these teachers who were arrested should be placed immediately on administrative leave in their local school districts where they are employed. They should not be permitted to begin the school year until their legal cases are completely disposed of, which will likely take much of the first semester, if not longer. I would make sure they were suspended without pay, if possible.

If I were on the school board of any of their districts, I would push for a prompt emergency meeting of the Board to take official action, including administrative leave pending review. I believe they should be fired for this behavior, but would have to spend about a year or more fighting with the unions over that, I'm sure. At a minimum, I would condemn their actions that lead to their arrest in letters to the editors of local publications, and give interviews saying the same. This is disgraceful behavior for a licensed teacher, demonstrates very poor judgement, and is very worrisome for *anyone* who works with children, IMO. And enormously distracting from the issues that teachers and districts are SUPPOSED to be focusing on in their professional capacity. Just sick.

Absolutely disgraceful conduct for someone who wants to be considered as a licensed professional.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/07/19/teachers-arrested-in-minneapolis-philando-castile-protest/

I'm not sure what the rules are about what accounts are verified or not. I assume we can talk about the girlfriend's Livestream videos on Facebook, since that's what brought us here in the first place. That's where the videos are.

Is there a thread yet for this man?

Police Shoot Autistic Man's Caretaker as He Lies in Street

I'm not sure what the rules are about what accounts are verified or not. I assume we can talk about the girlfriend's Livestream videos on Facebook, since that's what brought us here in the first place. That's where the videos are.

Thank you!

I just googled this and there are multiple YouTube postings of a video from different users. I would not see it is verified, as it is not clear how these users got the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. When I go searching on youtube there are always so many videos I get overwhelmed. I can't believe how many videos are of people talking about other videos. I don't care what Bozo Joe thinks about what he saw. JMO

Thank you. When I go searching on youtube there are always so many videos I get overwhelmed. I can't believe how many videos are of people talking about other videos. I don't care what Bozo Joe thinks about what he saw. JMO

But in this specific case, there is a video showing the couple smoking pot in their car, while behind the steering wheel of the car, with their baby strapped in her car seat. That is offensive, in my opinion. Added to the fact that he never had a valid drivers license, even after being stopped repeatedly for years, for driving w/out a license or insurance. That means to me that he was a pretty unreliable person and not the 'gold standard' that he is being held up to be. Now YES, I know that does not mean he deserves a death sentence. OBVIOUSLY. But it does make me wonder if the girlfriend is telling the true story of the event. It seems quite possible that he was distracted, erratic, and it did not happen in the way that she has described. JMO :cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998