MN - Truck driver crashes into car while watching Netflix, killing 2 people - April 30, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

Billy Joe Grimes, 55, of Lancing, Tennessee, is charged with two counts of criminal vehicular homicide, and one count of criminal vehicular operation for his actions during the three-vehicle crash.

I've never understood how someone can do anything like that and feel focused enough to drive safely. He obviously wasn't but he clearly felt like he was driving safely. We're not even allowed to have our cell phones within reach here much less use them for any reason. Even texting is illegal, as it should be IMO (people still do it, of course).

Gosh, I read stuff like this and it makes me never want to drive on the highways ever again! Despite your own best efforts to be careful out there, you have no control over what other drivers are doing. And there seem to be a lot of bad ones these days! It's scary out there.

It's tragic to think about those who lost their lives.

I used to feel that truck drivers were the best drivers on the road. Over the past couple years I have decided that is definitely no longer the case. I think we've had two meth'd up semi drivers in Houston within the past year; one driving the wrong way on a feeder while fleeing the cops because he had some petty warrant, and another that was driving like 15 mph down I-10 before being pulled over and forcing cops to demolish his truck to get him out. They eventually had to send in the K-9. And now this.

I can only think that companies are hiring drivers they shouldn't be hiring due to an increase in consumer demand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566
Back