MN - Two officers, one paramedic killed in domestic violence call - Burnsville, 18 Feb 2024

bbm.
Zero respect for anyone, including his girlfriend & his own children.
Horrible perp.

If you love someone, you don't take your life right in front of them, esp. a child !
Terribly traumatizing and will affect her prob. forever.
I hope she can get counseling.
Omo.
Very narcissistic. How can we get these people away from children?

Nobody understands why things like this happen, anywhere, to anyone.

Does anyone know if the kids were his, hers, theirs, or some combination thereof, or even cousins or neighbor kids staying over? I realize that most likely, there's no need for us to know but I was just curious if the information was published.

Court records suggest he cared for seven children — the three oldest by one woman, two more with another and that woman’s two children from a previous relationship.

Court records also show his disputes over the parenting of his oldest three children had grown increasingly contentious. He accused their mother, Noemi Torres, of neglect and she called him “controlling” and accused him of abusing her and the children.

Torres told KARE-TV that their three kids, two boys aged 12 and 15 and a daughter, aged 14, were in the house during the standoff. She said that her daughter told Torres that Gooden put earmuffs on her before he started shooting and that she wasn’t scared until he asked, “Do you want to come with me?” meaning die with him.
Red bolding mine.
No words. :(

Does anyone know if the kids were his, hers, theirs, or some combination thereof, or even cousins or neighbor kids staying over? I realize that most likely, there's no need for us to know but I was just curious if the information was published.

IMO

Kare 11 has info on the kids.
3 were torres & gooden
2 were gooden & ?
2 were gf & not gooden
All were in house along with gf
It stated that gf's mom called 911

In 2020, the mother of at least three of Gooden's children alleged that Gooden cut her clothes with a knife, causing her to fall down the stairs. She also said Gooden would pull her hair, throw her against the wall, and would let his family members assault her. The woman claimed she believed Gooden was going to kill her, but the court dismissed the court action because the allegations were not proven.
That makes me furious.

According to a transcript of the initial 911 call, obtained by local media outlets, the caller asked for police to come “right now.” The person said “my husband is” but the next words were redacted. Then the caller said, “Help me,” before cursing and screaming from someone followed. The call then ended abruptly. The dispatcher tried to call back four times without success.

A search warrant application released Wednesday, which was filed by a BCA agent, said the 911 call was “regarding an alleged sexual assault allegation,” without elaborating. The Thursday update provided no details about the call.

The search warrant application said police using a drone found Gooden dead in the bedroom. The medical examiner confirmed he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

The BCA filed for the warrant to search the phone of Gooden’s ex-girlfriend, Noemi Torres, the mother of three of the seven children who were inside home but were unharmed by the gunfire. The agent wanted access to text messages between Torres and Gooden’s current girlfriend that they exchanged during and after the incident.

That's fascinating, I see the domestic abuse in his past and saw the appeals he made for child custody.
Often controlling men just want to win a battle over their ex-wives, they actually don't want custody of their children but rather enjoy that mom is suffering and he doesn't have to pay her child support if he has full time custody.
IMHO I am disappointed the charges for domestic assault, and interference with a 911 call were dismissed!
IMHO I am not surprised he managed to obtain a gun anyway.
IMHO He was a family annihilator, caught in the act, and three good people are now gone.

I won't post it here but I've seen info on social media regarding Sunday's 911 call and it sounds pretty horrific. I wonder if that info will ever be published.
I agree and it really is very sad. It's far too easy to obtain guns in general and even more upsetting when someone who has prior charges and things of this nature is let go unchecked back into the community. We really need a system in place in this country that monitors people with violent priors who also have ongoing custody disputes. It's a very clear pattern if you have had negative past experiences with family court while trying to leave a bad environment with your children. It's almost like the abuser has to prove how dangerous they are first and then they get warrants sworn out but poorly enforced. If anything, that is going to put the victims in even more danger then if nothing was done. It's a mess.

Firearm Shannon Gooden used in Burnsville shooting that killed 3 responders was straw purchase
SBM
One of the guns used by Shannon Gooden in a deadly Burnsville standoff earlier this month was a straw purchase made through a local firearms shop and range in January.

WCCO Senior Investigative Reporter Jennifer Mayerle has confirmed that the firearm, an AR-15 lower receiver, was a transfer purchase from The Modern Sportsman in Burnsville.

The owner of The Modern Sportsman, John McConkey, told Mayerle it came in as an online order from out of state. The buyer had to pick up the gun at a dealer to do the paperwork. The Modern Sportsman transferred the firearm to the individual who was not Gooden. McConkey told Mayerle the straw purchaser picked up the gun by themselves and said the clerk did their due diligence asking questions to make sure the gun was for the buyer. He said the person was knowledgeable and answered the questions asked. The AR-15 lower receiver was picked up on Jan. 5, 2024.

Burnsville shooting: Shannon Gooden's girlfriend bought 5 guns for him, charges say
SBM
The girlfriend of Shannon Gooden, the man accused of shooting and killing three Burnsville first responders in February, was indicted for straw purchasing firearms.

In a press conference Thursday, federal authorities announced Gooden's girlfriend, Ashley Anne Dyrdahl, 35, of Burnsville, had been indicted on five counts of straw purchasing, one count of conspiracy, and five counts of making false statements during the purchase of a firearm.

Authorities allege Dyrdahl bought several firearms for Gooden, including the two AR-15s that were used in the fatal shooting on Feb. 18.

In the video: She plead not guilty in St Paul federal court house and left the court house without being taken into custody. She could face up to 15 years in Federal prison.

IMO
She bought all 5 guns for him but they lived in same household. Not sure how that works

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/special-reports/burnsville-shooting/how-did-all-those-children-end-up-in-the-custody-of-the-burnsville-police-shooter-gooden/89-bf63a5ab-b999-4ae2-88bd-c3dd7f30404
February 28, 2024 (older)

SBM
Torres dated Gooden from 2007 to 2016. She is the mother of three of Gooden's children.

Gooden also had two kids with Ashley Dyrdahl, who he started dating in 2016.

Dyrdahl has two kids from a prior relationship. She lived with him at the time of the shootings and is the one who made the 911 call to bring Burnsville police there 10 days ago.

Torres and Dyrdahl each separately filed domestic violence petitions for orders for protection against Gooden, but both were denied.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back