MN - Youtuber "Rekieta Law" and wife arrested on drug and firearm charges. Booked into Kandiyohi County Jail (May '24)

Huh, this Nick Rekieta? I try not to let schadenfreude get the best of me, but in this case I can make an exception.

<modsnip>

According to the charges, law enforcement attempted to execute a search warrant on May 23 at Rekieta’s home in Spicer and was greeted by a girl at the front door who would not let them inside.

After Rekieta refused to provide the door code, law enforcement used a door ram to get inside and found Kayla, Imholte, and four juveniles inside.

Law enforcement proceeded to search the master bedroom and bathroom, where they allegedly found a variety of drug paraphernalia, including three small baggies that tested positive for cocaine, eight green tablets that tested positive for Ketamine, and a digital scale, and several other items that tested positive for cocaine, charges claim.

Authorities also found a Sig Sauer AR with several magazines and loose ammunition underneath the bed, a spent shell casing on the bedroom floor, and located additional firearms and ammunition in the garage, according to court records.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before his arrest, some online users had raised concerns about Rekieta's health this week sharing a clip of him appearing to dose off during a stream.

Law enforcement noted Rekeita had several injuries to his arms at the time of his arrest. They described the injuries as sores that are common with controlled substance users, charges said.
Nick Rekieta, MN lawyer and YouTuber, facing drug charge

I found him during the Rittenhouse trial and loved his livestreams of that and the Depp trial, despite his occasional arrogance and Law of defense grifter buddy, who I can't stand ("Buy my book or you're going to jail"). I noticed that the quality of his streams was getting really bad. From getting major details of what was going on in a trial wrong (IIRC, he talked about a Rust trial witness testimony and had the details like completely opposite of what was actually said) to being pretty rude to commenters asking him about other trials going on ("I don't know, I don't care, stop asking and F off").
I don't wish the guy ill, but this looks pretty self-inflicted, without any kind of sympathetic mitigating factor. I could be persuaded to feel sympathetic for someone injured who gets hooked on painkillers, for instance. A streamer who gets coked up and apparently leaves drugs in the open with kids around, no sympathy for me. I hope he cleans his act up, but no sympathy.

He posted his first after-arrest live stream on Locals last night. I found it reposted on YouTube. He’s not giving any details, obviously. He didn’t seem humbled by his situation

"where do I recognize that name fro- OH THE VIC MIGNOGNA GUY!?"
(pretends to be shocked)

I wonder how he got the black eye that is clearly visible in his mugshot

I wonder how he got the black eye that is clearly visible in his mugshot
He said the night he got so drunk on his stream, he slipped on a dog toy and hit his face on the bathroom countertop

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11
Back