MO MO - Amanda Caudill, 27, St James, 15 Dec 2014

But vehicle was left behind and wallet taken. Doesn't add up. Someone on the FB page said she had plans with Amanda for the upcoming weekend. I did see she worked at a hotel which is bothersome to me. But without details of the letter, I can't make myself spend a lot of time here. Just feels like family is hiding a very important piece to the puzzle. If they want community support and help, they need to open up some honesty.

I agree. I think it is sad that they give no real information, it discourages people from helping. If they really want her found, they would be wise to give people something to go on.

(Posted Feb. 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM)

A recent K-9 unit search for a missing 27-year old rural St. James resident yielded no findings.
No evidence was found of Amanda Caudill, who has been missing since Dec. 15, 2014, during a cadaver canine search conducted Jan. 21 by the Eureka Fire Protection District.
The search was conducted in Eureka because that was the area of her last known location, said Maj. Darin Layman, chief deputy with the Crawford County Sheriff 's Department.
No signs of Caudill found during Eureka K-9 search

More at link about search efforts (getting cell phone data) and circumstances of disappearance (she may have left a note).

The father has tried giving the sheriff's department information but they don't listen to him. The day before Amanda disappeared she was with her dad and brother having a great time at their favorite park. She then received a text which upset her terribly but she would not talk about it. The next day she disappeared. We know she had her phone with her but the last contact her family had with her which is mentioned on her missing report was just a ping from her phone not a voice contact. So many questions with no answers. She would never just take off without letting her dad and brother know, they are very close.

Are you an insider? Did the letter appear to be in Amanda's handwriting?

Does anyone have an update? I looked for the missing fb page and can't find it. Was she ever found?

Still appears to be missing, after a brief search of MSM.

The father has tried giving the sheriff's department information but they don't listen to him. The day before Amanda disappeared she was with her dad and brother having a great time at their favorite park. She then received a text which upset her terribly but she would not talk about it. The next day she disappeared. We know she had her phone with her but the last contact her family had with her which is mentioned on her missing report was just a ping from her phone not a voice contact. So many questions with no answers. She would never just take off without letting her dad and brother know, they are very close.

Bumping this post up which seems to be from an insider.

Wish we knew more. Did LE collect phone records for the text?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Found a post in an online forum from May 2016. The person states Amanda is still missing and that there was a recent death in her close family and nobody heard from her.

It's a known fact that Amanda left a note before she went missing. It hasn't been disclosed what it said though. I still think it could have indicated a suicide.

https://www.threeriverspublishing.c...aturday&catid=66:St.-James-News&Itemid=200121

Missouri Missing, a 501 c3 non-profit organization, will be holding an event in honor of a St. James woman who has been missing since 2014. The event is called “Let’s Bring Her Home,” and will be used to raise awareness about Amanda Caudill.

The event will be held on February 18 at Public House Brewing Company and Missouri Missing hopes to remind the community about Caudill’s disappearance. The event will take place from 6 to 9 p.m. at Public House, located at 551 State Route B in St. James.

Respectfully snipped:
Caudill disappeared from her home on December 15, 2014, leaving only a handwritten note and taking nothing but her cellphone. No new information about her has been discovered since the initial search.

The Crawford County Sheriff’s Department swept the area with the help of a K-9 unit and volunteers, but found nothing. No foul play was suspected in the disappearance, but no new information has been discovered over the past two years.

Found a post in an online forum from May 2016. The person states Amanda is still missing and that there was a recent death in her close family and nobody heard from her.

It's a known fact that Amanda left a note before she went missing. It hasn't been disclosed what it said though. I still think it could have indicated a suicide.

Or a goodby note indicate she was leaving to start a new life, we know little about her, such what was her life ? What kind of people she was hanging out with ? Did she just end a relationship ? I mean if she had a history of drug abuse, then it was possilbe one day she wake up and wanted to start a new life somewhere else and did not want to have anything to do with her old life

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back